SC2 1.5 won't launch

I've encountered an issue that has prevented SC2 1.5 from launching. I was playing through the campaign again and everything was great until i got to the Protoss mini campaign. Here, I noticed that the movies would cut in and out during the pre-mission briefing. I also encountered heavy slowdown in the first of the Protoss mission. Lastly, I started playing the 3rd protoss mission I believe (the one when you battle the dead zerg over mind). I saved the game on this level, quit the game through "command+Q" and the game froze in a 4:3 windowed screen (I play the game at 1280x800 fullscreen). Ever since then, the launcher hasn't been able to launch the game, and needs to be force quit. After force quitting I get the message "Unable to run StarCraft II. Required files are missing. Please reinstall StarCraft II."
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Was the game fully installed, where the installer/launcher stated Game is up to date? With SC2 1.5, it has the ability to be a streaming client if not fully up to date.
Reply Quote
Yes, I've made sure the game is fully up to date each time I've launched it.

I just tried it right now to confirm that it still won't launch and states that it is fully updated.
Edited by JimBond on 6/5/2012 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Yes, I've made sure the game is fully up to date each time I've launched it.

I just tried it right now to confirm that it still won't launch and states that it is fully updated.

Can you post your full system specs?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.20f4
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B639587CC

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9583
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B2250F-219
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Time since boot: 1 day20:47
Reply Quote
I tried dragging the "StarCraft II 2012 Beta" folder from the Applications folder to the trash, emptying the trash, restarted the computer and reinstalled the beta. After the full game installed, I hit play and the launcher once again froze, forcing me to force quit, resulting in the same error message as before.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/10/2012 11:56 AMPosted by JimBond
I tried dragging the "StarCraft II 2012 Beta" folder from the Applications folder to the trash, emptying the trash, restarted the computer and reinstalled the beta. After the full game installed, I hit play and the launcher once again froze, forcing me to force quit, resulting in the same error message as before.

Thanks. Can you do me a favor and try to recreate the issue? After the issue has been recreated, please send me your system log and your system information.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
OK, I sent the email!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. Got them I'll look into this and see what is going on.
Reply Quote
I just had this occur after updating the new 1.5 patch. Same problem as previously posted.
Reply Quote
Dear MachKhan i found this post After searching 1.5 cant launch . Thats my issue i even was able to play a few games .But now when i try to launch it goes to an error message with the Error Id I have provided below . IF there is anyway you can help me plz let me know very strange my system specs are not the problem. hope its just a patch issue and it will resolve but i figure i report it to help or if it doesn't fix

3D8008B9-D213-4D14-9120-499099BAF64A
Reply Quote
I also have had the same problem... i was able to successfully play the game the first time and then i logged off and quit sc2 completely. After i got back home i tried to launch sc2 and the launcher just said "An internal error has occurred, please restart. If problems persist contact customer support." :( it works for both of my brothers' computers, but not mine. Hope it can be fixed soon
Reply Quote
Exact same with me. Played fine first game then upon trying to play later I got the error message saying I must reinstall. I did and same issue.
Reply Quote
Similar issue on mine. Downloaded patch up till 100% before pressing Play. After play it just sits in dock and doesn't actually launch. Never even played one game on 1.5 yet.
Reply Quote
Same thing. Won't launch and says missing files. I had it launch 1 time after install after restarting the computer. But had to force quit and won't launch again.
Reply Quote
I tried the uninstall method (with these instructions: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/189279323

and it worked the first time I launched it and I played a couple of games (all my old replays are gone though). Then I tried to see if I could play it offline and it returned to the same freezing point from restore windows and the missing required files and reinstall. After installation it did say game is up to date.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue.
As with JimBond I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.4, but on an 5,1 Macbook Pro. 2.53ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8gb RAM, 512 mb NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT.

I'm hoping it's a resolvable issue and not something wrong with our machines! =)
Thanks for your help Machkhan!

-edit-
After jumping over to another thread you posted on Machkhan, I can say that my Time Machine is not turned out nor have I ever used Time Machine to back up my machine.
(I prefer other methods)

-edit 2-
I've been playing around some more and browsing through the other technical help forums.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6233033632?page=2#39
This page shows details on how to update your Launcher.db file, if you are in the US you need to use TextEdit to change the "...." to "enUS"
This actually fixed it for me.
Another option that also worked was viewing the package "Support" (in the SC2 install location)
and opening "SC2 Switcher"
Both of these worked for me.

Going to go play a few matches and see if I get booted out again like some people have reported.
Edited by Zeddica on 7/31/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
On my Macbook Pro I am experiencing the same exact problem as everyone else here, completed the update to 100% and an SCII icon comes up in the dock as SC2Switcher but nothing happens and I have to force quit. When I try to open all windows by right clicking the SC2Switcher it brings up absolutely nothing, no user interface or anything. I am using Mountain Lion OSX by the way.
Edited by ronDZ on 7/31/2012 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 10:53 PMPosted by ronDZ
On my Macbook Pro I am experiencing the same exact problem as everyone else here, completed the update to 100% and an SCII icon comes up in the dock as SC2Switcher but nothing happens and I have to force quit. When I try to open all windows by right clicking the SC2Switcher it brings up absolutely nothing, no user interface or anything. I am using Mountain Lion OSX by the way.

Same problem but in snow leopard 10.6.8

I have to force quit SC2 then pop a window "miss archives reinstall"
Reply Quote
Regarding my MacBook Pro Mountain Lion OSX StarCraft II 1.5 patch update, I uninstalled the entire game, resinstalled it and downloaded the patch again and this time instead of getting SC2Switcher in the dock, I just get SC2 (Not Responding) and Blizzard Launcher pops up real quick and nothing happens, it just stays in my dock and nothing launches. Here are my specs. I would appreciate any help to get this running properly, sucks pretty bad not being able to play.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B639D3C1D
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3175
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8 (12A269)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.0.0
Boot Volume: MacBook Pro
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 39 minutes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]