http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcs52bErU4

Multiplayer reveal 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4nNfZwwhYg

Discuss.
Edited by Justin on 6/8/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To quote the Marine: "Looks good!"
Reply Quote
Oh, and Beta is confirmed for this summer. But we all knew that already.
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 04:25 PMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
To quote the Marine: "Looks good!"
Reply Quote
Was disappointed the protoss didn't really get a new unit to replace the replicant but instead just swapped the nexus abilities they were already going to use to a unit instead. The bright side is we get to keep the mothership so I can live with the changes.
I love the new protoss profile pics by far the best in the game. Though I wished the motherships profile pic had been improved it's the worst in the entire game so boring and stupid looking.
I'm also glad they decided to fix the Protoss air siege capabilities. As I had said before it would have left a huge gap in the effectiveness of Protoss air tech and it just didn't feel right for Protoss to be almost purely land based.

I do have some concerns about the viper where player may not even bother to build large units any more if they can just be yanked away and killed in seconds. I'm also wondering why anyone would bother to buy brood lords if they can get swarm hosts to do the same job better with less tech requirements.
Reply Quote
Am i the only one here who thinks Terran got mega nerfed? Both Protoss and Zerg get new caster units (hint - what's the only race that has to use its casters as counters and pretty much can't do !@#$ else with them? Terran...), and the abduct thing is crazy - goodbye siege defenses. Oh, and here Protoss have a range 22 air unit, 'cause you know, Terran defenses might be hard to break otherwise. Can't get vision? Just use preordain from an Oracle and get vision on the turret that's part of the tank push etc.

Sure glad we got a Transformers (tm) Firebat though!
Reply Quote
Was disappointed the protoss didn't really get a new unit to replace the replicant but instead just swapped the nexus abilities they were already going to use to a unit instead. The bright side is we get to keep the mothership so I can live with the changes.
I love the new protoss profile pics by far the best in the game. Though I wished the motherships profile pic had been improved it's the worst in the entire game so boring and stupid looking.
I'm also glad they decided to fix the Protoss air siege capabilities. As I had said before it would have left a huge gap in the effectiveness of Protoss air tech and it just didn't feel right for Protoss to be almost purely land based.

I do have some concerns about the viper where player may not even bother to build large units any more if they can just be yanked away and killed in seconds. I'm also wondering why anyone would bother to buy brood lords if they can get swarm hosts to do the same job better with less tech requirements.

You can't move the oracle while shrouding units around it, and the mothership core is weaker than it was before, so it's still a scrapping of the better unit, and as before, the terrans get to keep the advantage of nuclear weapons with no parallel among the protoss and likely not among zerg either.

They call that a fixed fight in boxing.
Reply Quote

You can't move the oracle while shrouding units around it, and the mothership core is weaker than it was before, so it's still a scrapping of the better unit, and as before, the terrans get to keep the advantage of nuclear weapons with no parallel among the protoss and likely not among zerg either.

I'm guessing you didn't catch that the mothership core can be upgraded into the normal mothership so it's not scrapping a better unit per say. Well other than the loss of it's cloak ability that will hurt. Though the replacement air stasis ability might be useful if you can cloak your units with the oracle then stasis them so no one can destroy the oracle. Assuming it doesn't turn the cloak off otherwise I don't see stasis being that useful.
Edited by VonFoxFire on 6/9/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wish that they just put in both the Carrier and Tempest together... Tempest is way too situation specific. Either it's way OP, or totally useless. Vipers abduct+mutas/corruptors= tempest dies. Same with vikings. But vs tanks/swarm host/any massive air (BLs, Battlecruisers)/Warhounds(maybe)... OP IMO.
Reply Quote
Am i the only one here who thinks Terran got mega nerfed? Both Protoss and Zerg get new caster units (hint - what's the only race that has to use its casters as counters and pretty much can't do !@#$ else with them? Terran...), and the abduct thing is crazy - goodbye siege defenses. Oh, and here Protoss have a range 22 air unit, 'cause you know, Terran defenses might be hard to break otherwise. Can't get vision? Just use preordain from an Oracle and get vision on the turret that's part of the tank push etc.

Sure glad we got a Transformers (tm) Firebat though!

As a Terran myself, I don't see it being too bad. What I think is that siege tanks are going to be buffed back to launch damage (which was obnoxious) and is going to become the Terran Colossus in that it'll be essential but a unit that's easily countered. All in all I don't think Terran has it too bad, the battle hellion can clean up mid game Zergling balls and the Warhoud is good against the mostly-mechanical deathball.

My big problem is actually TvT. I feel like it was one of the most artful matchups, with pro games being all about marine and siege tank placement and drops. Now you have the Warhound which just busts siege lines open. I'm just hoping TvT maintains the "chess-like" feel to it as opposed to becoming something similar to PvP.
Reply Quote
i can just see the QQ now...........

protoss vs zerg "damn vipers keep dragging all my important units out and they keep dying, nothing i can do about this its OPed!!!!!! nerf nerf NERF!!!!"

terran vs zerg"damn vipers keep draggin all my tanks out of the siege line and killing them......nothing ic an do about it......nerf nerf NERF!!!!"

zerg vs protoss " damn entomb is OPed, i cant mine any of my minerals and if i leave units there then my army is too small for engagements......nerf nerf NERF!!!"

terran vs protoss " damn entomb is OPed, i cant mine any of my minerals and if i leave units there then my army is too small for engagements.....nerf nerf NERF!!!"

Protoss "hydras are OPed!!!!"

terran " mothership core with recall is OPed!!!!!"

zerg " warhounds are OPed!!!!!"

everyone chanting "Nerf nerf NERF!!!!!!!!!!!"

a new river is born from the combined tears of all the races.......blizzard promptly responds by building a bridge(ignore) over it which allows many many trolls to promptly move in and set up shop under it. :P :P :p
Edited by Shingan on 6/9/2012 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I'm guessing you didn't catch that the mothership core can be upgraded into the normal mothership so it's not scrapping a better unit per say. Well other than the loss of it's cloak ability that will hurt. Though the replacement air stasis ability might be useful if you can cloak your units with the oracle then stasis them so no one can destroy the oracle. Assuming it doesn't turn the cloak off otherwise I don't see stasis being that useful.

Upgraded to a weaker version, that is. And not being able to shroud units on the move is a big hurt to take.
Reply Quote

Upgraded to a weaker version, that is. And not being able to shroud units on the move is a big hurt to take.

On the bright side the mothership might be able to cloak now that it doesn't have a cloaking field attached?
Reply Quote
tanks are worth it vipers are extremly expensive costing 100 minerals and 200 vespene wich makes it an expensvive unit it has no atack and is very weak to any anti air units and the new mines will shred them for a really good trade off in mins and vespene. Also two seeker missles could easily kill a clump of them
Edited by ICEANDFLAMES on 6/18/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't really know the terran and protoss perspective, but it seems like blizz is trying to get the match ups to get away from a single style. Giving terran more tanky units and nerfing their siege ability vs zerg (before zerg would have to chew through 70 stimmed up, medivac supported marines before engaging the tanks... every game). Doing so seems like it will make the battle more dynamic while giving the terran other defensive abilities like the widow mine and warhound. ZvP seems like it is going to have to change from protoss hoping to be able to get their deathball up and 1-a-clicking with some sentry micro to more harass/dynamic battlefield strategies (simplification, I know). It will also make early cheese harder against protoss with the mothership core being able to replenish sentries. The oracle will then make the protoss still able to do some harass/attacks other than warp prism early game.
But thats in my high silver league zergian opinion ^.^
ZvZ will still suck though.... ling/bling rush>early expand>roach>ling/bling rush>early expand>...
Reply Quote
i can just see the QQ now...........

protoss vs zerg "damn vipers keep dragging all my important units out and they keep dying, nothing i can do about this its OPed!!!!!! nerf nerf NERF!!!!"

terran vs zerg"damn vipers keep draggin all my tanks out of the siege line and killing them......nothing ic an do about it......nerf nerf NERF!!!!"

zerg vs protoss " damn entomb is OPed, i cant mine any of my minerals and if i leave units there then my army is too small for engagements......nerf nerf NERF!!!"

terran vs protoss " damn entomb is OPed, i cant mine any of my minerals and if i leave units there then my army is too small for engagements.....nerf nerf NERF!!!"

Protoss "hydras are OPed!!!!"

terran " mothership core with recall is OPed!!!!!"

zerg " warhounds are OPed!!!!!"

everyone chanting "Nerf nerf NERF!!!!!!!!!!!"

a new river is born from the combined tears of all the races.......blizzard promptly responds by building a bridge(ignore) over it which allows many many trolls to promptly move in and set up shop under it. :P :P :p

in my opinion blizzard is try to create areas of control making attack paths harder for your enemy to get to, making the high grounds more important so this would make the game more interesting also they have even said this.
swarm host have on the high ground by the expo sending down locusts forcing the opponent have to push through or avoiding that area completely
terrans widow mine same thing and so on
Reply Quote
Viper is just plain stupid and broken. If it stays in the game I don't think I'll be doing any ladder.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 11:22 AMPosted by GeminiEclips
Viper is just plain stupid and broken. If it stays in the game I don't think I'll be doing any ladder.

So you're just gonna be a cry baby that doesn't get what he want? Don't forget that if the terran would've made ONE viking earlier when it was pure Viper (no corrupters) he would've killed like 6 100min 200gas vipers for pretty much free.
Don't forget if you look carefully at both games "dakim" wins both of them as 2 different races. Obviously it's a matter of skill, not the units.
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 02:01 PMPosted by wFeBadOmen

So you're just gonna be a cry baby that doesn't get what he want? Don't forget that if the terran would've made ONE viking earlier when it was pure Viper (no corrupters) he would've killed like 6 100min 200gas vipers for pretty much free.
Don't forget if you look carefully at both games "dakim" wins both of them as 2 different races. Obviously it's a matter of skill, not the units.

Hydras > vikings actually.

It's the kind of thing that shouldn't be usable against massive units. Tanks ok yeah I get that tanks are difficult to deal with as zerg with a hundred lings and broodlords and the new ultralisk, but it looks silly and completely breaks control of the game for the opposite player.

Also it's a matter of the game isn't in beta so it's not balanced. They've said that repeatedly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]