Marine Tank TvP

06/12/2012 08:01 PMPosted by max
it can work, you really just get the tanks to focus fire HT/colossus though.
Yeah. I'm starting to give up on bio because it's giving me a headache to not be able to engage a toss army directly.
Reply Quote
Okay here's the replay people!
Reply Quote
I put it in the OP.
Reply Quote
Yeah byun made it work, but also consider he had to do lots of damage first with cloaked banshee in each game, forcing his opponents to go for a more gateway heavy style.

I don't think it's a stable style, but interesting indeed.
Reply Quote
Yeah byun made it work, but also consider he had to do lots of damage first with cloaked banshee in each game, forcing his opponents to go for a more gateway heavy style.

I don't think it's a stable style, but interesting indeed.
Archons, high templars, and colossi doesn't seem so gateway central to me...
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 02:06 PMPosted by GrayPrince
Archons, high templars

Those are

06/13/2012 02:06 PMPosted by GrayPrince
colossi

Yeah, colossi came out when protoss was no less than what, 20 food behind? The game was completely lost at that point.
Reply Quote
BYUN
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 02:17 PMPosted by MiNZi
Archons, high templars

Those are

colossi

Yeah, colossi came out when protoss was no less than what, 20 food behind? The game was completely lost at that point.
Then why do people go zealot archon and it works beautifully the entire game?
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 03:00 PMPosted by GrayPrince

Those are

I'm not sure, and I don't think that has much to do with marine tank. Actually, I would rather go pure marine vs that comp, cause you'll be kiting back cross map and the tanks will all just die.
Reply Quote

I'm not sure, and I don't think that has much to do with marine tank. Actually, I would rather go pure marine vs that comp, cause you'll be kiting back cross map and the tanks will all just die.

if you do byuns build, you will profit heavily minzi
Reply Quote
Actually GSL: GKP beat Hero with it in Game 1 and it wasn't all-in
Reply Quote

I mean, if you have total god mode banshee harass. The success of the build leaned entirely on the damage of the banshee.
Reply Quote

I mean, if you have total god mode banshee harass. The success of the build leaned entirely on the damage of the banshee.

he killed 7 probes with initial hellion drop, then 15 with banshee follow up
he bought 3 banshees so that's 5 kills per banshee

250 mins vs 150/100 pretty even trade
4 hellions for 7 probes
400 mins vs 350 pretty even although it was really early
that + the mining time lost i'd say byun broke pretty even / a little ahead with the harass

the real eye opener for me was the fact that at the end of the game byun had or was working on 2/2 and hero was still at 0/0 (would have be 0/1 if the forge hadn't have died)

i've been using this a lot for some good results; it has a ton of micro potential which can totally change the game. in a game i played earlier doing this i was able to focus my tanks on the collosus (2) and then stutter with marines and my efficiency was like 3x my normal tvp efficiency in terms of units lost lol. idk i think byun going to 2 factory afterwards was really weird and not what i expected but even if he had just made more raxes and gotten ghosts, he would have had massive upgrade lead and income/tech lead on hero
Reply Quote
He killed 22 workers. That's some ridiculous harass.
Reply Quote

Whether I kill 2 probes or 20 with my banshee harass has not been causing issues in marine tank for me. Of course, I get an advantage from killing 20 probes, but not a disadvantage for kill 2.
Reply Quote
a few minor issues...

1. there was no storm or forcefields
2. immortals were not involved.
3. how many colossi? (just asking)
4. archons?

what is the ratio of stalker and zealots?
what is the ratio of robo and gateway?
why do i ask?

because siege tanks work very very well against gateway armys. but any other tech (like immortals) they will fail.
also zealots with charge destroys marines. if he had mostly stalkers no duh you win.

marine tank medivac could work. i have built 26 tanks before (for fun) with no upgrades and seen how well they do. with upgrades and a high tank count I can imagine how you melted their army. the only problem is that if he had storm or immortals you will die.
why? marine tank uses marines as a shield for your tanks. because of that kiteing room is small. so with immortals to absorb tank fire their ht can cast a few storms and your marines will die in seconds. then his charge lots and immortals can just clean up the remaining tanks. my prediction is that the protoss player that you played probably built a heck ton of stalkers. thus not enough colossi and such. even without immortals and just colossi with a lot of colossi (more than 5) you can easily burn those marines thus leaving the tanks vulnerable without the proper meatshield. he probably underestimated the colossi and only built 3 or something. as long as your marines are alive your tanks will secure you the victory.
Reply Quote
From one low leaguer to another, trust me when I say that A LOT of strategies could potentially work at the lower levels. This doesn't mean that they are actually good against any decent opponent.

Don't forget that.

If it works for you, use it. Don't try to justify what you are doing. When it stops working, change things up.
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 03:26 PMPosted by MiNZi
He killed 22 workers. That's some ridiculous harass.

i know you can handle it :D
we should add each others accounts because i had fun playing w/ you on the beter

onewordpoem.759
senzaerrori.239
Reply Quote

Whether I kill 2 probes or 20 with my banshee harass has not been causing issues in marine tank for me. Of course, I get an advantage from killing 20 probes, but not a disadvantage for kill 2.

no he's right.. you need to do dmg.
pretty much because siege tanks take time to stck pile and the banshees help to slow down his economy while you wait for # 3 or 4

after 3-4 tanks, you should switch out of tanks completely - byun doesn't, but you're not byun. this becomes exceedingly true once charge hits the board. however, i have had success switching over to thors thor production while i wait for ghosts/my bio upgrades to all kick in
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Mappy
2. immortals were not involved.
Uh yes they were. And they were DESTROYED by the marines.
So actually I guess you're right, they weren't involved because they died.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]