Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Marines are aproximately one SC2 cell block long. I determined this experimentally by using triggers to kill a marine, having him fall on his back onto a visible grid made of decals, decals which were aligned to the invisible SC2 map grid (made of "cells"). The marine, when completely stretched out, took up about one grid space.
Indeed. If you should be using anything for a reference, it's this: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?13675-Unit-Pictures
But they can, see they flap their wings very fast, 230 times per SECOND. No longer a valid arguement. Here I'll even cite it:
But the fact Mutalisks somehow are able to operate in space AND WE CAN CLEARLY SEE IT DURING THE ECHOES OF THE FUTURE ENDING(THEY ARE SEEN FLYING IN SPACE TOWARDS KORHAL), makes it rather reasonable for a viper to be strong enough to pull a massive war machine down a cliff. And the mutalisks FLAP their wings. There's no wind in space >.>
angular momentum, air emmited from levis, and, since cats break physics by rotating in zero g's, why can''t mutas using a similar method?
Starcraft is kind of realistic imo, but there are some stuff that doesn't make sense, or that should work but don't.
1. To repare infantry armor is probably harder than vehicle armor.
2. How can a butterfly fit into a chrysalis? Or maybe, if you watch close enough, the units are smaller when they spawn immediately! Look at things. They grow, and to thingk about how bcs take 6 supply and marines one, maybe marines are squads, so things are slower and the ultras grow right after being hatched.
3. Assuming its a plasma shield, couldn't the flame go through it anyway? Plasma is just really hot stuff, so a flame attack could go through it, or jsut dissolve, but if its that hot, then a zealot would dssolve lings when attked, so its not plasma shields.
4. The locusts die, or represent more than one?
5. It could be reinforced, and could re balance itself when attked on the legs. Gyroscopes...
6. While vipers defy physics, maybe zerglings don't have a purpose to do such. It would take a lot of muscles and mass, therefore slowing the zergling, and defeating its purpose.
7. It's a parasite that doesn't live forever, likely transferred through a small impalement through the brain, or it uses a psionic thing that controls the way the unit behaves.
8. bullets might be manufactured in the suit/gun, but in WoL cinematics the marines load the gun. Maybe some kind of matter transferrence using systems similar that to the hyperion's short jump ability?
9. The game doesn't seem to scale. First, a nuke the size of ~3 marines could still pack its punch, and considering its delivery system is jsut a small rocket, it could be a fusion bombed propelled by a large viking rocket. Also, rines shoud be so much smaller, unless they represent squads like things do in civ 5.
10. Hardened shields seem to be just a power surge in the shield, scaled to the attack. That kind of generator for the shock would probably be heavy, costly, and somewhat fragile. would you like to have 250 min zealots? Not here.
11. If the game is not to scale, massive units could be dodged. Thors and ultras are prob the hardest to do so, while collosi have thin legs. Also, that would be hard to do because they could get destroyed in the process. It would also make thors etc. hard to micro in a army of non-massives, adding a lot of micro.
12. It would be a temporary shock, because it would just be from the surprise. However, that would not be feasible because, if not to scale/squad representation, it would only slow down a portion of the squad. You can be trained to advance through this, too.
13.Could be semi-auto firing, or activate a special mode which makes it fire faster.
14. Not easy to track with their weapons systems, and would have just a certain area of attack. It would probably not be good on their chassis, too, and with a cannon like that, it probably wouldn't hit anything because they move too much. Probably can only do that because of installation, and that guy probably cant look up from his cockpit.
Yes, because it could just inhale and exhale vast amounts of gas.... like the movements it seems to be doing suggests....
manipulating gravity is only done in a black hole, right? How could gravity be manipulated by an overlord....... Without changing its mass?
With your logic, my way of the overlord flying is actually legit.
Or mutas could just use principles of angular momentum, and/or use helium released by stars as leverage.
Well, with troll science, if you lift a person lilfting you, you could fly. But, you need a solid base to make yourself not move when directional force is applied to you. Pull some1. You need to use force to make yourself stay still. Same with vipers, which are flying, so they would meet somewhere in the middle.
In response to Battlestar's response:
2) That still doesn't explain the massive size jump. Butterfly wings expand after leaving their chrysalis, and even then the chrysalis is only somewhat smaller then the butterfly. Ultralisks are about 6 times larger then the eggs they come out of, and they simply can't conract their armor and muscle into that small a space.
3) They are literally Plasma shields. The game has it so that the shields actually block attacks, which means the flames wouldn't go through otherwise the Zealots would take damage right to their health. So how do the flames deal extra damage to plasma depending on the unit inside?
5) It may rebalance itself, but it's kind of hard to rebalance yourself when all your legs are broken just like that.
6) Zerglings burrow faster then Ultralisks. Why can't they move through the ground, at least at a low speed? Infestors can for some reason, and they don't have any muscle density.
7) It was still injected right into your head by a speared tentacle. Considering it is controlling your mind, I see no reason it wouldn't have the power to disable it upon death. What, is that too immoral?
8) Terrans don't have that kind of technology, they still wonder at the Protoss for being able to do that stuff, and if the Terrans could do that then they would do it all the time.
9) The game is completely off scale though. If one Marine equals a squad then Kerrigan is friggin' massive. And why are Leviathans only the size of a city block but suddenly the size of a city in a cinematic?
11) Ultralisks are infamous for being super fast and hard to dodge in the lore. One Ultralisk should be capable of walking through a clump of Marines and killing all of them.
12) Siege Tanks should knock Marines everywhere. They are high powered explosives that would be capable of knocking enemies away even if they miss.
13) With a Stim-Pack applied to themselves?
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.