Starcraft is kind of realistic imo, but there are some stuff that doesn't make sense, or that should work but don't.
- Terran Marines suits are mechanical, why can't SCV's or Science Vessels repair them, seeing as the Marines are only taking damage to the suit mostly?
- Ultralisks. Eggs. Size. Understand?
- How do anti-Light attacks affect Protoss Light unit Shields? Flamethrowers aren't hitting the unit itself, just swirling around the Shield. (another flaw, how do they hurt the Shield?)
- Swarm Hosts have waaay more then 2 egg sacs on their back, so they should be able to spawn plenty more then 2 Locusts.
- When you attack a Colossus' legs, they don't have as much health as the Colossus, so they should get killed in a 5th the time it normally takes to kill them on the ground.
- According to lore, Zerg units vibrate very quickly to "swim" through the ground. So why can't they all burrow move?
- When an Infestor Neural Parasites you, shouldn't you die when it deactivates, seeing as it's a huge tentacle impaling into your brain?
- Marines never run out of ammo. Okay...
- Carriers, Motherships, and BC's should be waaaaaaay bigger. So should Nukes.
- Why don't the Protoss give Hardened Shields to everyone? They would last alot longer.
- Massive units should be able to stomp on small units. Maybe they have Morality problems.
- Any heavy machine with ballistic rounds should have concussive shells effect.
- Do Marines Stim their gun or something? That shouldn't make them shoot faster.
- Immortals can aim their weapons up, their idle animation shows it. Why can't they shoot air again?
1. To repare infantry armor is probably harder than vehicle armor.
2. How can a butterfly fit into a chrysalis? Or maybe, if you watch close enough, the units are smaller when they spawn immediately! Look at things. They grow, and to thingk about how bcs take 6 supply and marines one, maybe marines are squads, so things are slower and the ultras grow right after being hatched.
3. Assuming its a plasma shield, couldn't the flame go through it anyway? Plasma is just really hot stuff, so a flame attack could go through it, or jsut dissolve, but if its that hot, then a zealot would dssolve lings when attked, so its not plasma shields.
4. The locusts die, or represent more than one?
5. It could be reinforced, and could re balance itself when attked on the legs. Gyroscopes...
6. While vipers defy physics, maybe zerglings don't have a purpose to do such. It would take a lot of muscles and mass, therefore slowing the zergling, and defeating its purpose.
7. It's a parasite that doesn't live forever, likely transferred through a small impalement through the brain, or it uses a psionic thing that controls the way the unit behaves.
8. bullets might be manufactured in the suit/gun, but in WoL cinematics the marines load the gun. Maybe some kind of matter transferrence using systems similar that to the hyperion's short jump ability?
9. The game doesn't seem to scale. First, a nuke the size of ~3 marines could still pack its punch, and considering its delivery system is jsut a small rocket, it could be a fusion bombed propelled by a large viking rocket. Also, rines shoud be so much smaller, unless they represent squads like things do in civ 5.
10. Hardened shields seem to be just a power surge in the shield, scaled to the attack. That kind of generator for the shock would probably be heavy, costly, and somewhat fragile. would you like to have 250 min zealots? Not here.
11. If the game is not to scale, massive units could be dodged. Thors and ultras are prob the hardest to do so, while collosi have thin legs. Also, that would be hard to do because they could get destroyed in the process. It would also make thors etc. hard to micro in a army of non-massives, adding a lot of micro.
12. It would be a temporary shock, because it would just be from the surprise. However, that would not be feasible because, if not to scale/squad representation, it would only slow down a portion of the squad. You can be trained to advance through this, too.
13.Could be semi-auto firing, or activate a special mode which makes it fire faster.
14. Not easy to track with their weapons systems, and would have just a certain area of attack. It would probably not be good on their chassis, too, and with a cannon like that, it probably wouldn't hit anything because they move too much. Probably can only do that because of installation, and that guy probably cant look up from his cockpit.