StarCraft® II

terrans, i feel your pain

for the longest time i thought i was good but i tried playing terran and I realised that i actually suck at this game

i'd probably be gold if I didnt play toss and just a-move every game

i tried playing a tvz and if i didnt have like 300 apm at all time every fight is just like unwinnable WTF BLIZZARD FIX THIS GAME
Reply Quote
You played terran on your current account..?

Well of course you are going to lose if you are facing masters-level players without ever practicing with terran.

But yes, if you are used to simply A-moving and just casting a storm or 2 in TvP then you are going to have a very very bad time trying to keep a terran army alive.
Reply Quote
dude im freaking out no matter what I do if I dont have perfect scv production and hit every mule and keep up building barracks I lose to a-move

how am I supposed to win?
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 11:17 PMPosted by exioNBeSt

Not being so bad at the game helps
Reply Quote
so your telling me i need 400 apm to play terran?
Reply Quote
Something tells me this guy is being sarcastic. Although, I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
Try playing custom games first?
Reply Quote
The confusion is strong with this one.
Reply Quote
07/04/2012 11:29 PMPosted by exioNBeSt
so your telling me i need 400 apm to play terran?

No Im saying stop sucking at the game
Reply Quote
dude im freaking out no matter what I do if I dont have perfect scv production and hit every mule and keep up building barracks I lose to a-move

Proper kiting and splitting goes a long long way

edit: I assume you don't have to do this as toss so you aren't used to it. I have NEVER seen plat/diamond toss kite OR split their forces up. They essentially A-move and land a storm or two. I am not even trying to be mean or bash toss, these are DIRECT observations both in-game and after I watch the replay from their perspective.
Edited by SuperNewbie on 7/5/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
its impossible
Reply Quote

because Terran you can't win with just micro or macro, or best strat or best build, or even best positional play. YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THOSE THINGS TO WIN, and not only just do those things but do it good over and over and over. in TvZ it's about being cost efficient in battles over and over and over again
Reply Quote
thats impossible!!111111
Reply Quote
Luke Skywalker I found you.
Reply Quote
This smells like a troll thread.
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 03:32 AMPosted by Daegulma
troll thread
Reply Quote
Give the guy a break, the dude is in master, I doubt he came here to troll. It is pretty much what other people say, u need to constantly split and focus your army plus macro at the same time and make no mistakes in the game in order to play terran. I don't recommend you join the terran race, it is race that is easy to play but very hard to master. I suggest that you just stick with what you are good at.
Reply Quote
exioNBest ... are you trolling?

If not then don't freak out. The only problem i see in the protoss army is not that they are too strong, but the warp in is very forgiving.

Anyways as a terran you have to be much more aggressive than the other 2 races. You don't have a real Deathball as protoss has or you can't swarm thousand units as Zerg has. But you have much more harass options than the other two.

In TvT. Is all about forcing and positioning. You have to be careful if your enemy is going for a mech composition or full Bio composition. Positioning and the help of sensor towers here are the key.

Remember, always win the air engagements. Those are vital!

TvP. This is also a hell for me. Units been killed in seconds are just not cool. This is why i try to bother with drops but i don't end in a bio army due to my internet sucks and i can't kite well. So MMG with medivacs and Thors are good for this. Add some banshees (better than vikings but you need to remove marauders for the gas to be enough to make them).

Don't attack to the front. there is a 90% you will lose the battle. Not only because the protoss army is much stronger and has many counters against your units, but because of warp in they can make units in 5 seconds. You in other hand besides of microing, have to be creating units at the same time.

TvZ: This is awesome, one of my most interesting match. this match is FAST

your enemy here are mainly ZERGLINGS (zergs does not know this and they fear hellions)... But you as a terran have no way to stop continuous zergling swarm. This is why blue flame hellions are so important here. and never over commit. Move slowly, take expanisions and positioning. Zerg rely on taking expansions.. TAKE YOURS FIRST AND DONT LET THEM EXPAND TOO MUCH!!!!...

this is mainly a starving game... i think zergs have the hardest time in terms of production capabilities due to the annoying inject and only 1 building to create units. But when they have too many hatcheries.. prepare.. thats horrible!!

for the rest.. keep practicing.. there are many terran styles that can fit you.. bio, mech, air, nuking (as i do). but practice is all!

cheers
Reply Quote
exioNBest ... are you trolling?

If not then don't freak out. The only problem i see in the protoss army is not that they are too strong, but the warp in is very forgiving.

Anyways as a terran you have to be much more aggressive than the other 2 races. You don't have a real Deathball as protoss has or you can't swarm thousand units as Zerg has. But you have much more harass options than the other two.

In TvT. Is all about forcing and positioning. You have to be careful if your enemy is going for a mech composition or full Bio composition. Positioning and the help of sensor towers here are the key.

Remember, always win the air engagements. Those are vital!

TvP. This is also a hell for me. Units been killed in seconds are just not cool. This is why i try to bother with drops but i don't end in a bio army due to my internet sucks and i can't kite well. So MMG with medivacs and Thors are good for this. Add some banshees (better than vikings but you need to remove marauders for the gas to be enough to make them).

Don't attack to the front. there is a 90% you will lose the battle. Not only because the protoss army is much stronger and has many counters against your units, but because of warp in they can make units in 5 seconds. You in other hand besides of microing, have to be creating units at the same time.

TvZ: This is awesome, one of my most interesting match. this match is FAST

your enemy here are mainly ZERGLINGS (zergs does not know this and they fear hellions)... But you as a terran have no way to stop continuous zergling swarm. This is why blue flame hellions are so important here. and never over commit. Move slowly, take expanisions and positioning. Zerg rely on taking expansions.. TAKE YOURS FIRST AND DONT LET THEM EXPAND TOO MUCH!!!!...

this is mainly a starving game... i think zergs have the hardest time in terms of production capabilities due to the annoying inject and only 1 building to create units. But when they have too many hatcheries.. prepare.. thats horrible!!

for the rest.. keep practicing.. there are many terran styles that can fit you.. bio, mech, air, nuking (as i do). but practice is all!

cheers

oh god why
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]