StarCraft® II

Undead Assault 3

Discuss. No I didn't make the map. Discuss anything.
Reply Quote
Save doesn't work.

Dont like that I have to go in to another menu to use abilities but I see why it is the way it is.

Sight range is a bit annoying and to the point where it is troublesome in certain areas. Maybe lower attack range and make sight range/fog of war not as annoying.

Definitely a team game, easy to lose track of team mates because vision isn't shared. Commands in F12 help a lot but sort of annoying to have to take a second and type it out to locate team mates.

Played a few games, I guess some missions require a player to have a certain item to complete the parts of the mission. If that is true it shouldn't work that way, every player should be able to complete parts of the mission without the need of an item.

Having ammo and stuff is cool, but no place to refill it unless you randomly find it, which for me only happened twice.

Pretty good game, needs more work still.
Reply Quote
Save works just fine. and it show you where the quest items are *apperently a big problem for most noobs is reading and being able to use the mini map* you go pick up the items and take them to the quest location. also this game just dropped to the public on the 1st of july its still in alpha.

by far the only good custom survival game in SC2
Edited by xAshes on 7/4/2012 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How does save work then if I got to level 4, left the game, then made my own game and when I got in to the game, I was level 1 all over again?
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Machschau
How does save work then if I got to level 4, left the game, then made my own game and when I got in to the game, I was level 1 all over again?

It doesn't save your hero, it saves your experience among other things (like unlocks/SIs).

Your hero is at level 1 at the beginning of every game.
Reply Quote
I really like the map but I don't understand how to unlock the new characters. I can only have medic and the other dude.
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Jeremie
I really like the map but I don't understand how to unlock the new characters. I can only have medic and the other dude.

You gain XP with every mission you successfully complete. This XP adds up and ranks you up over time.

With enough rank, a new hero will be unlocked.
Reply Quote
07/06/2012 07:39 AMPosted by composure

You gain XP with every mission you successfully complete. This XP adds up and ranks you up over time.

With enough rank, a new hero will be unlocked.

Oh ok, thanks!
Reply Quote
Only thing I ask for easier times to find mags or at the least be able to stock/ready more of the mags, and to be able share vision. This is a team-oriented game, so if you can't work with those people then there is no point to the game. Team locator is just a waste of time and energy.
Reply Quote
I agree with every1 about the ammo stuff. As well, i would recommend highly to make the lighting better, at times i can barely see a thing, i just see a black screen with a green circle around the place where my guy is. I have to change the gamma lighting to be able to see around me, which is anormal. Quite annoying. Also, you should be able to see the other players. If you can anyway find their location by typing -tl , its just wasting every1s time. What i do is i copy paste it and basically continually enter it to constently have vision of the other players. Also, i find that after a certain point, the game goes from : a few zombies here and there, to : total apocalypse impossible to get around way too many zombies to do anything but fight em. That transition happens around the time when theres the Farmer Akma mission.
Reply Quote
lol at seeing other players noobs chat, the vision isn't shared so you don't know in what kind of position your allies are stuck surrounded or not. TL is just a helping hand to quickly regroup or allow medic to provide supports. What annoys me is all the scrub you get to play with in those game i've never died in this map and pretty sure with 4-5x players like myself we would finish it quite easily however most of time scrub just dont move attack and are like "damn im dead" Please, buff the difficulty/ennemies move speed even at nightmare they're quite easy to juke with jump and sprint
Reply Quote
http://www.undeadassault.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=33 Official forum for UA3
Reply Quote
Another crappy custom map. You don't like my opinion? Too bad. You have yours, I have mine, deal with it.

I'd be more appreciate of semi-decent maps if mapmakers didn't think overly complex mechanics and dumb things (like someone else said above) like non-shared vision weren't in the game.

Am I jaded? Yea, a little....probably because I saw much higher quality maps in WC3 then I did here. Granted there are a *few* high quality maps, but they aren't meant to be fun.

Take for example "Mineralz", a fun mechanic in it's own right, except that it was created with a very monotonous mechanic that is meant for only one thing: To take time.
Why does it take time? Well, the map-maker knew that by making a grindy game that people play for hours over and over again, it artifically inflates the popularity of the map.

Yes, artificially. Games that are FUN don't need to last for HOURS to be popular.

Anyhow, I digress. This map is crap.

Also @ Kyrios. Wall of text crits you for 1000 damage. Learn2Space
Reply Quote
Lol@Sykomyke. One must maintain a thorough team (leadership) in order to get through the missions in the game. You will die alot in this game, but god damnit its just too fun to pass up IMO. It's all about teamwork, and if they're is none than I guarentee you will not progress throughout the game long.

The concept of not having vision of any players greatly reduces coordination and absolutely encourages you to stay together as a team. So if you like to solo and not help out with the team, then simply this isn't your type of custom game.

I've beaten this game twice, and I know for a fact if one does not lead the team, then there will be havoc waiting to happen.
Edited by Lefty on 7/7/2012 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The game works. Two criticisms.

1) The lack of repeatedly-used abilities. What I mean is that most abilities have a very long cooldown, which makes a massive part of the game nothing but simple kiting.

2) It doesn't scale to team size. Makes any game outside of a premade impossible.

07/06/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Sykomyke
I'd be more appreciate of semi-decent maps if mapmakers didn't think overly complex mechanics and dumb things (like someone else said above) like non-shared vision weren't in the game.

How the hell is not sharing vision a complex mechanic? In fact, what mechanics? The hardest thing you'd have to do is stacking explosives for a boss. If that's a hard mechanic, then you're not jaded, you're spoiled and you need to get over yourself.
Reply Quote
The only problems I have are that there is at least one person who causes it to lag, making the game almost impossible to play/ finish by the time Act 2-3 starts with 8-12 players. There are a few bugs but the developer has been updating it often (minimum once a week) from what I have seen.

The biggest problem is that the game is prone to trolls, stealing the qeust items and not placing them. If anything an icon should be implemented so that we can kill the trolls. That still doesn't solve the team killers but you just have to find a group of friends you can trust and attempt to blacklist the trolls.

I have played a lot of games and have not had any problem with ammo, this is a team game, ask for some. Ammo is plentiful in this game you just have to search for it at the start. The vision mechanic works as intended, it makes positioning extremely important as well as the specific placement of ground flares to open up vision. This is why I still play, the scenery is not just cosmetic, but highly interactive.

Iv racked up 13k xp on enlisted and still haven't finished the game on recruit... I appreciate the difficulty of the game.

If you are looking for a generally serious pre-made team join channel UA3. "in game" trolls dont last long and are blacklisted by the rest of the community on the UA3 forums.

If you are new please read the help at the start of the game... Its there for a reason.
Reply Quote
Edited by XxKravenxX on 7/7/2013 11:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The official website/forum for this map is:

http://www.undeadassault.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

I reposted the link only because that is where all the development is coming from.

As far as the posts in this thread go;I encourage you to understand the story and premise of the map before you try to criticize it. The biggest complaint appears to be about vision. To address that all you need to understand is the following:

You are roleplaying a soldier in a squad. The level of roleplay for this game is high which is obvious from the various terms used in the game. In a real military based situation, which is what you're roleplaying basically, you are not going to have everyone elses vision. You either stay in contact or stay together.

Considering the other posts are about what I consider player based issues there is not much to be said in my opinion. Players will TeamKill each other. Players will prevent other players from completing objectives. Players will be item hogs. Players will not care about other players. Players will lag... and so on and so on. If you get too many players that fit in these categories in your game you will not be victorious in UA3. I Suggest joining the UA3 channel as mentioned above. Find players who are players you can play with and play your way to victory!

To wrap up my huge post, remember that this is still the Alpha version as mentioned before. On top of that, complaining this is a poorly designed map because it requires time to beat and that is all that makes it popular is silly. The popularity thing is a huge discussion in and of itself. For map makers though, and I am one as well, you have to understand it's like Life handing you lemons. We make do to the best of our ability with what we've been given to work with.

~p.s.~ XxKravenxX « - - - - - ¬(°-°¬) pew pew pew.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]