StarCraft® II

[PvZ Build] 2-base Mothership Expand

WTF is he doing patrolling Corrupters? If he actually has that many, you should just MS recall past his spine wall and kill him.

ikr.. he just sit back get 6 bases and get bunch of corruptors/infestors.
Oh Man, mass RECALL. i forgot that... SILLY ME T_T
Reply Quote
07/05/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Sidewinder
Having a hard timing finding a name that describes this build well.

Skybeam Apocalypse Build
Reply Quote
07/06/2012 04:07 PMPosted by areaKitty
i feel like the best way to approach this is 2 base mothership rush into 8 gate all in, IM Seed actually beat tlo on ladder with that build ;)

this sound fun, someone wanna try it?
Reply Quote
This build sucks, Here's why, my win rate isn't 100% You fail Sidewinder scrub noob stay ez.

/sarcasm
Reply Quote
Tried it again a second time with somewhat less convincing results, but I won with six of my Void Rays still alive so I guess that's something.

All in all, this build should be absolutely illegal. There's almost nothing the Zerg can do in the late game short of a massive Brood Lord/Infestor deathball, and even that can be dealt with Vortex because Archon Toilet OP ololololololol

Sidewinder, you are a god amongst the Khala. Stay awesome and innovative, and maybe someday we can finally defeat the Swarm.
Reply Quote
07/07/2012 12:41 PMPosted by EthanKairos
All in all, this build should be absolutely illegal. There's almost nothing the Zerg can do in the late game short of a massive Brood Lord/Infestor deathball, and even that can be dealt with Vortex because Archon Toilet OP ololololololol

There are plenty stuff zerg can do and still win.
1) ovie drops.
2) force good engagement
Edited by ACIDCYCLONE on 7/7/2012 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm about to watch the replays but I want to ask this question before I do. How does this deal with 2-base Muta and do you still do a full wall-off? In your other build I am still using with the Carriers you stress doing a full wall-off. It comes off as being very important. How do you do the wall-off if not? Notably, Condemned Ridge needs 4 buildings to wall, but doesn't feel like the kind of natural I can wall around my Nexus, like Antiga.

Do you have any specific strategies or troop movements for certain maps?

Edit: drop.sc isn't working :/
Edited by RuneK on 7/7/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm about to watch the replays but I want to ask this question before I do. How does this deal with 2-base Muta and do you still do a full wall-off? In your other build I am still using with the Carriers you stress doing a full wall-off. It comes off as being very important. How do you do the wall-off if not? Notably, Condemned Ridge needs 4 buildings to wall, but doesn't feel like the kind of natural I can wall around my Nexus, like Antiga.

Do you have any specific strategies or troop movements for certain maps?

Edit: drop.sc isn't working :/

This build assumes 3-base play. 2-base play is up to you. The obvious initial reaction is to add cannons and get sentries to hold a Roach or Baneling all-in, but then you can follow with a Stargate or two, get a Phoenix and scout what's going on. But there's no way you'll just make Void Rays knowing they are making Mutalisks.. you'll trade poorly for the rest of the game.

My personal recommendation is to do what I proposed above - scout with a Phoenix. If they go Mutas, fire up your Stargates and produce all Phoenix up until about 10. Then once you fight their Mutas, stay on their !@# until they lose their Mutalisks. If they start Corrupters, just 2-base all-in with Zealot Archon and they won't be able to stop you. If they give up on Mutas, expand, get the Mothership and kind of pick up on the build where you left off.. add Void Rays and all that stuff. Keep your Phoenix active to kill queens, overlords and drones and stuff.

This build still has a lot of freedom for exploration. I suggest a lot of Recall play, but for some reason, the people I play on ladder just attack as hard as possible, all the time, so my MS energy never really builds up. I'm sure in my replays I make it look really easy, and it feels easy, but that's just because I'm comfortable being aggressive with Stargate units in PvZ. Just be confident, be aggressive and stress good unit control. If you lose, examine the points in the game where you lost units for basically nothing, and see how you can fix that in the future.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah, I expect to practice it for awhile. I don't expect to meet the immediate success I had with your last build, but I've been wanting a macro build instead of an all-in.

However drop.sc being down is making this hard. Any chance you can upload elsewhere? :(
Reply Quote
If it's not back up tomorrow then I will.
Reply Quote
i didnt read every post, but the strength of this build i think is tech sniping with void rays then recall... 7-8 void rays with upgrades can snipe a hive in seconds and as long as u stay under a canon wall (i build canons instead of zealots) the zerg can never attack you even without vortex
Reply Quote
ok i getting a bad habit doing this build.... when ever i crush the zerg at the 15 min mark .. i just sit back and troll him.. end up lose the game T_T
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 07:42 AMPosted by ACIDCYCLONE
ok i getting a bad habit doing this build.... when ever i crush the zerg at the 15 min mark .. i just sit back and troll him.. end up lose the game T_T
LOL

This just shows that the build is good :D You need to get off your lazy bum!! ♥ (j/k)
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Zamara
This just shows that the build is good :D You need to get off your lazy bum!! ♥ (j/k)

yup! I destroy all his expand and im like... eh this bored.. so i go back... 10 minutes later he show up with 200/200 army T_T
Reply Quote
Im going back to protoss after some time playing terran and i really liked this strat.

Just one question. I saw the replays and im wondering, why didnt you get more air and shield upgrades? Arent they worth it because you need the gas for units or should i get them when i can?
Edited by Aldrighi on 7/8/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've noticed in two replays so far your base inevitably gets sacked by his first push. Any improvements so far on not letting this happen?

Edit: Except for, you know, that one game where he went blind 3-base and you ate his face.
Edited by Trufax on 7/8/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I imagine this kind of thing will become much more prevalent once Mothership Cores come around. Should be interesting to see how they influence play.
Reply Quote
I've noticed in two replays so far your base inevitably gets sacked by his first push. Any improvements so far on not letting this happen?

Edit: Except for, you know, that one game where he went blind 3-base and you ate his face.

Huh? You mean he does a runby and kills stuff? I don't remember what's happened in all of the replays.

07/08/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Aldrighi
Just one question. I saw the replays and im wondering, why didnt you get more air and shield upgrades? Arent they worth it because you need the gas for units or should i get them when i can?

They're not that worthwhile. I get +1 air attack, but shields and armor in PvZ really aren't very good.
Edited by Sidewinder on 7/8/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah there are two where the runby's get you pretty good.
Reply Quote
07/08/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Trufax
Yeah there are two where the runby's get you pretty good.

I guess it shows that despite taking damage like that, the unit composition holds strong. If you can just minimize entrance points with Zealots or Cannons, you should be good.
Edited by Sidewinder on 7/8/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]