StarCraft® II

[PvZ Build] 2-base Mothership Expand

08/03/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Sidewinder
Build order has been slightly updated to improve scouting.

Thanks man :D This strategy rocks ^_^
Reply Quote
Promoted again. :D

Only time i lose is when i get completely outplayed. (it has to be really really one sided for the zerg)

And im hating PvT right now. Damn you banshees.
Edited by Aldrighi on 8/4/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You'd actually be surprised how fast Infested Terrans die to Archon splash and Charge Zealots.

Why be surprised when Charglot/Archon is used against regular Marines, which have Stim and Medivacs to help them survive?

Anyways, I hate seeing this kind of stuff, always ends with me feeling helpless the whole game.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Aldrighi
Promoted again. :D

Geez, that was fast. o_o
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 04:25 AMPosted by snake
This build is dumb in that it only works if the opponent doesn't know what's going on
Sorry, but you're completely wrong. If the opponent scouts 2 stargates and builds a ton of queens and spores or even a hydra den, then the build accomplished a LOT more damage than when void rays are actively killing stuff. Instead of stating ignorant things, actually play this strategy over 50 PvZs. You obviously never used it before.

A good Zerg will just throw RoachLing
LOL... It will accomplish nothing. Throwing roach ling will be free kills for Protoss while he just sits and defends with his existing voids and cannons. And even with a 3rd base up, Protoss has a Mothership and cannons/voids to defend. There is literally nothing Zerg can do to deny that 3rd.

And Zerg taking a 4th is expected. It does not hinder the Protoss build at all.

then get Corruptors or Infestors out.
By which time, Protoss has Templar tech with a bunch of Archons a few HTs with feedbacks + Mothership = Zerg cannot really attack protoss without taking huge losses and giving Protoss free reign to kill Zerg expos.

If your opponent lets you get 3 bases and a bunch of carriers of course it will work.
Zerg cannot prevent Protoss from getting 3 base, Carrier and Mothership tech, and Templar tech. When the build is executed correctly, Zerg needs to try and outpace Protoss through economy alone. Any Zerg that tries to kill Protoss while he is getting his tech and bases will die to voids, Mothership vortex + defense, archons + zealots, and finally archon toilets.
Reply Quote
This build is dumb in that it only works if the opponent doesn't know what's going on. A good Zerg will just throw RoachLing and deny your 4th while taking the map and then get Corruptors or Infestors out. If your opponent lets you get 3 bases and a bunch of carriers of course it will work.

You know I have a replay of this smoking a GM Zerg right? So, you're very clearly not a good Zerg and this build would easily beat you. I don't see how you can indirectly call yourself bad and then act as if your input is valuable.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Anyways, I hate seeing this kind of stuff, always ends with me feeling helpless the whole game.

Huh?
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Sidewinder
This build is dumb in that it only works if the opponent doesn't know what's going on. A good Zerg will just throw RoachLing and deny your 4th while taking the map and then get Corruptors or Infestors out. If your opponent lets you get 3 bases and a bunch of carriers of course it will work.

You know I have a replay of this smoking a GM Zerg right? So, you're very clearly not a good Zerg and this build would easily beat you. I don't see how you can indirectly call yourself bad and then act as if your input is valuable.

Wait, the Suppy in that replay was EGSuppy? Like, the professional player? Holy !@#$. You steamrolled him in that game.
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 11:07 AMPosted by MidKnight
Wait, the Suppy in that replay was EGSuppy? Like, the professional player? Holy !@#$. You steamrolled him in that game.

No, that's not the same guy. The replay vs ZergZingZing is what I'm talking about. He recently joined my CSL team and has been GM since season 1. He wanted to play and that was the game.
Reply Quote

I lol'd. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Either you don't run this build properly or you don't run it at all.

Zerg cannot prevent Protoss from getting 3 base, Carrier and Mothership tech, and Templar tech. When the build is executed correctly, Zerg needs to try and outpace Protoss through economy alone. Any Zerg that tries to kill Protoss while he is getting his tech and bases will die to voids, Mothership vortex + defense, archons + zealots, and finally archon toilets.

This. In my experience, Zergs who play passively against this fare better than Zergs who try to be aggressive. The key is to recognize that this is happening and just take a 4th sooner rather than later.
Reply Quote
Huh?

Well obviously what I've seen is nowhere near as refined, and I had no clue how to handle it, but Mothership->third. It's scary. I just threw stuff at them and did no damage.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 8/5/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Well obviously what I've seen is nowhere near as refined, and I had no clue how to handle it, but Mothership->third. It's scary. I just threw stuff at them and did no damage.

Oh, you mean as Zerg. I suppose that's a good thing ;)
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 09:42 PMPosted by snake
Aha too bad everything I said was also said by Jecho at Top 16 GM. In his words 2 base SG is a "terrible build that only works when your opponent doesn't know what to do against it". Aha

2 base SG? So like.. the most standard PvZ build ever?

You're bad and don't know what you're talking about. Get the !@#$ out of my thread. Come back when you start authoring builds that are viable and have a reliable success rate vs High Masters and GM opponents.
Edited by Sidewinder on 8/5/2012 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really don't need to talk to you anymore. Granted, nobody will ever respect anything you have to say anymore because of what a dumbass you are being, and I'll be satisfied as soon as you realize that nobody likes you and you go back to whoever's !@#$%^- you crawled out of.
Reply Quote
I love this - frustrates the hell out of a lot of zergs - thanks!
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 10:15 PMPosted by snake
I really don't need to talk to you anymore. Granted, nobody will ever respect anything you have to say anymore because of what a dumbass you are being, and I'll be satisfied as soon as you realize that nobody likes you and you go back to whoever's !@#$%^- you crawled out of.

Hahaha that's funny. I mean, how dare someone suggest a low Master build may not actually be viable when the opponent knows what to do?

Haha I remember MC went for a Sky build vs DRG in the Blizzard Cup. Didn't exactly work out very well for him.

So you're saying that if a build doesn't work once, it's no longer viable?

I'm pretty sure the fact that a professional gamer opted to use the build means that it is VERY viable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]