StarCraft® II

Mac Problem Installing Patch 1.4.4

(Locked)

I think for some reason the patcher thinks that the patch needs to be applied, but it doesn't. I played yesterday and it applied the 1.4.4 patch successfully, then launch and played. Then today, I went to launch the app and it tried to apply the same patch, unsuccessfully. I get error code BLZPTS00008 as well.

Based on suggestions here, I tried downloading the patch and applying it manually, but it brings up a message that says, "This update does not need to be applied."
07/31/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Roflcopter
I'm having similar trouble, except my patch 1.4.4 just comes up in the Launcher at 0%, stays there for about 15 seconds, then automatically quits out. I have tried running the Repair function after restarting my computer, and I got the same thing unfortunately. Anyone else have the 0% completion thing? I'm guessing it's because I'm running SC2 on OSX 10.5.8....

I am having the exact same problem with OSX 10.5.8....
I don't think it's your OS version, I'm on 10.7.4 and I'm having the same issues.
Welp, that sucks. And yea I tried to download from the website and I get the "This update does not need to be applied" error as well. I haven't even gotten to play this game yet...
Support Forum Agent
07/31/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Raleigh
I am having the exact same problem with OSX 10.5.8....

10.5.8 is no longer supported with patch 1.5.

For everyone else, we're investigating issues with the latest patch. I'll try to post some troubleshooting steps to help resolve these issues.
07/31/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Machkhan
For everyone else, we're investigating issues with the latest patch. I'll try to post some troubleshooting steps to help resolve these issues.

Awesome, thanks! Hope you can get this figured out soon, I'm in the middle of my 3rd time through the campaign and I can't remember what happens. XD
07/31/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Roflcopter
I'm having similar trouble, except my patch 1.4.4 just comes up in the Launcher at 0%, stays there for about 15 seconds, then automatically quits out. I have tried running the Repair function after restarting my computer, and I got the same thing unfortunately. Anyone else have the 0% completion thing? I'm guessing it's because I'm running SC2 on OSX 10.5.8....

Exact same thing for me.
Support Forum Agent
10.5 users won't be able to patch SC2 1.5. You can read more about this here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5593238100
So it is required that i purchase the operating system upgrade then?
mine finished the update, and then started "Migrating setup files". Its been doing that for 5 hours now. I canceled it, and then I ran the repair tool. When I started the game a message came up saying that I have no internet connection (given that I am actually online now). I ran the repair tool again, and it started the patch and then migrating the setup files again :(

now it is stuck for more 5 hours and no change.

FIX THIS PLEASE !!!!
and by the way, you can still log in and play the AI if you disconnect from the internet. So, this problem only happens when I connect to the internet and log in to the NA and SEA servers.
Playing with the AI with no connection works.
Support Forum Agent
What are your system specs? This will help in troubleshooting.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
07/31/2012 08:35 AMPosted by jhbrantley
Having same issue at 0%- program automatically shuts down also running OS 10.5.8

You won't be able to start the game unfortunately if you are on 10.5.8.
So apparently the issue is the patcher, as far as I can tell. If I turn off wifi on my Mac and start the game, it starts fine and I can play offline. As soon as I turn on wifi and connect to the internet though, the game starts bugging out. I think it's bugging out though because I'm not on 1.5, which was released today.

Unfortunately, if I try to start the game with wifi turned on, it tries to update to 1.4.4, which I'm already running. It doesn't even try to do 1.5.
I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling, but I want to be sure I'm not going to lose my saves. Is it safe to do so?
here are the computer specs (used to run fine at low graphics settings)

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
DELL U2311H:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

System Software Overview:
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Yea, this seems to be quite a load of BS.... I buy a computer not even 5 years ago, now, although before THIS particular patch, I was able to play the EXACT SAME freaking game, but now, with this patch, if my Software is 10.5.8, I can never play online until I shell out GOD KNOWS how much $$ to play?!

Why does Blizzard hate Macs so much?! My friend has a PC, same OS for the last freakin DECADE, and he has ZERO issues. All I know is,if Blizzard doesn't fix this so 10.5.8 users have online play capabilities again, They will surely lose FAR more than just my business. Also helps to know one of the guys who MAKES these models works for them. We'll see what happens when he informs his employer that many good paying customers will take their business to console gaming where we aren't required to pay $200+ on new softward to play the SAME DAMN GAME we played just hours before a simple patch.

I'm going to give Bliz the benefit of the doubt and assume this is a temp issue and 10.5.8 users will be able to reconnect in the coming days. If not, they stand to lose FAR more than they anticipate...
Now I went onto the Mac site, and they are saying, for the OS update, as we need to back up files, that means, just to play this game, which I ALREADY effing paid over $50 for, I now need to shell out another 50-100 bucks on an external HD just to back up ALL my files (there's a lot) the web instructions are relatively confusing and seem to operate on the assumption I'm an IT person. When I call the Mac store, hoping their 'geniuses' would be able to help, I rec'd 'assistance' from a guy who acted like he was an annoyed boyfriend, and I was the girl calling for the 4000000 time today, and that was even BEFORE asking my question....

When I asked about assistance with installing the new OS, he basically told me NOT to come in, that they dont sell it, I need to download it, and follow the Greek instructions and, as he literally stated 'you're gonna want to definitely back up all your files....these updates move your OS around alot and involves moving parts which, when installing a new OS, may become damaged or broken altogether. So get an external HD, download the OS and follow those directions' and, in true, arrogant, !@#$-faced Mac-employee fashion, he tops it off with a deep sigh then the statement '.....I mean, it ISNT THAT hard....You dont even need to be into computers for this to work...' Well, last I checked, the majority of the working world uses computers, and while my understanding is FAR more than the avg person, I am not employed in computer hardware/software or related fields, and I just hope Blizzard sees, if only through this example, how hard it will be for many to update and how this is probably going to be a real problem that keeps regular gamers of Blizzard's library (Myself included) from playing this and also purchasing future games.

I was just going to go buy Diablo, heard good things..... Guess Blizzard can now count themselves out of another purchase....
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]