StarCraft® II

My Little Pony SC2 Portraits (Animated)

i respect the hardwork someone has did for those portraits but in all serious why the blinding hell does bronies whant MLP in EVERY FREAKIN GAME. i myself hat ethe show with a passion, i only hate it cus bronies shove everything in every game for what? so they can frollic around with there ponies. every current game i enjoy is being infested with this nonsence and last thing i need is my favorite modern day RTS game get infested with ponies now
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Madrox
i respect the hardwork someone has did for those portraits but in all serious why the blinding hell does bronies whant MLP in EVERY FREAKIN GAME. i myself hat ethe show with a passion, i only hate it cus bronies shove everything in every game for what? so they can frollic around with there ponies. every current game i enjoy is being infested with this nonsence and last thing i need is my favorite modern day RTS game get infested with ponies now

OMG infested pony's thats a great idea +1.
Edited by MetalGear on 7/19/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Madrox
My Theory? It's just like the furry fandom back when it was exploding. It's just something random that started as Hipsters clung to in order to stand out. Then it took off and now people who can't identify themselves in any way are using this show to feel as though they belong to something. Now in order to justify their obsession they feel the need to force it into everyone's faces.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Flaire
My Theory? It's just like the furry fandom back when it was exploding. It's just something random that started as Hipsters clung to in order to stand out. Then it took off and now people who can't identify themselves in any way are using this show to feel as though they belong to something. Now in order to justify their obsession they feel the need to force it into everyone's faces.

...or sports fanatics, or video game fanatics, or vegetarian fanatics, or apple fanatics, or or or...

It would be akin to looking at some of the slobbering, frothing trolls on these forums and saying "wow, all SC2 players are like that."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think MLP belongs in SC2 either. But the abject HATRED I'm seeing from some people posting in this thread is kind of worrisome. And the animated little SC2 MLP units were cute. :)
Edited by Athena on 7/19/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Athena

...or sports fanatics, or video game fanatics, or vegetarian fanatics, or apple fanatics, or or or...

It would be akin to looking at some of the slobbering, frothing trolls on these forums and saying "wow, all SC2 players are like that."

Don't get me wrong, I don't think MLP belongs in SC2 either. But the abject HATRED I'm seeing from some people posting in this thread is kind of worrisome.

I agree with this some people like myself have 2 young kids and i watch my little pony and other shows to spend time with them. Then you get a bunch of people who having nothing but hatred because you watch it.
Reply Quote
Bronies want to shove everything in every game? Nobody... is shoving.. anything into anything. I'm confused why you're so mad. This is an animation someone did. Cool. Is it in your starcraft? When you open starcraft do you see ponies? No? I didn't think so. Kindly grow up. Times have changed. Sorry greasers.

ITT guys who are insanely insecure.

Every time I look on a popular video, there are always comments, sometimes even top comments on ponies. I have every right to make sure that starcraft forums stay about STARCRAFT. Youtube is about everything so I don't have a voice there. But I want to keep my Starcraft and hatred seperate and I hope forum moderators have the same mindset.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:01 PMPosted by MetalGear

Don't get me wrong, I don't think MLP belongs in SC2 either. But the abject HATRED I'm seeing from some people posting in this thread is kind of worrisome.

I agree with this some people like myself have 2 young kids and i watch my little pony and other shows to spend time with them. Then you get a bunch of people who having nothing but hatred because you watch it.
There is a difference between watching the shows with your kids and what a bronie is.

A bronie is the guy you see walking through the mall in Fluttershy shirts, jackets, hats and backpacks. Then they go on to every message board and post images of ponies yelling "Friendship! Friendship!" Then go on to deviant art and take any of their other hobbies and make pony versions of them.

Watch the show if you enjoy it, no one cares what you do with your spare time...at least not until you feel the need to shove it into other peoples face in order to justify to yourself that you're not the only person with this obsession.
Reply Quote

There is a difference between watching the shows with your kids and what a bronie is.

A bronie is the guy you see walking through the mall in Fluttershy shirts, jackets, hats and backpacks. Then they go on to every message board and post images of ponies yelling "Friendship! Friendship!" Then go on to deviant art and take any of their other hobbies and make pony versions of them.

Watch the show if you enjoy it, no one cares what you do with your spare time...at least not until you feel the need to shove it into other peoples face in order to justify to yourself that you're not the only person with this obsession.

Well to be honest i have never heard of a bronie or seen one but i'm not American but i get your point.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Flaire

I'll take that over the people who feel the need to inject politics into every flipping thing they run across. :) (Not saying you are, just in general)

I run into way more of those than "bronies."

I'm not really a violent person, but I swear those people manage to make me dream fondly of homicidal rage.
Edited by Athena on 7/19/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Athena
I'll take that over the people who feel the need to inject politics into every flipping thing they run across

Except they care about government instead of shoving a pony down your throat.
Although I wouldn't want anybody to force a D*ck Cheney down my throat either.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:01 PMPosted by MetalGear

there is a huge difference watching MLP with your kids and grown men in their late 20s - early 30s watching it by themselves every day of the week and collecting MLP stuff.

it is all right to watch it with your kids because they are watching it and your supervising, it was like our parents watching seseme street or barny with us when we were kids.

but for grown men obsessing over a kids show is really disturbing, not only that but pushing other ppl to try and watch it or have MLP content within their games that they play. this is where most the hate goes 2

quick edit - someone already beat me to what the real hate of it is about :3
Edited by Madrox on 7/19/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To anyone who is a brony, you have got to be kidding yourself. I mean, you can like what you want, feel free but it is to me just absolutely obnoxious. We are a bunch of men (and boys I suppose). We should not indulge in what 4 year old girls do. Its shameful. Its disturbing.

There are thousands of better things to watch or do than to destroy your honor. If someone I knew knew that I watched that, I would be SO embarrassed. SC is one thing, pink pony bull!@#$ is another.

I'm not a homophobe or anything, if you're gay, great, but this is just obnoxious.

Don't get me wrong, we all have our vices, I played animal crossing, I've bake things before but this is just...too far.

Grow up guys, be men, go watch something you can talk to other adults about.

Bah, you have to grow old, you never have to grow up. My kids watch cartoons I watch them with them, and I watch anime as well. Never watched any new/old my little pony stuff.

The idea of "Adult conversation" is silly. Age does not distil wisdom, though it can make it easier to get fat.

Instead of watching spongbob, I guess I could watch "Sex in the City", "The New Girl", and a few other chick flicks. they are adult shows, anyone want to sit around and discuss that?

There are many shows/things/ideas/morales etc that I like and dislike it does not make me better or worse. Just who I am.

As for the pictures I think they are cute, amusing, and made me smile.

Now I am going to watch some happy tree friends and chuckle a little.
Reply Quote
I don't know why people are so particularly against MLP and its fans. I doubt this thread would have received this kind of negative response if these were pokemon-themed unit portraits.

I'm not really a hardcore MLP fan, I think its an okay show. I mostly enjoy other things like anime and video games. I don't really see much of a difference between MLP and other kinds of shows, so I don't understand the backlash against it. I happened to stumble upon these portraits today, and I thought they were really well done, so I figured I shared them. These are STARCRAFT portraits, so they are hardly off-topic.

Also: @dirtypeasant @LuckyCandy.
The Herd has already subjugated TF2 and much of the internet to its dominance. Its only a matter of time before SC2 will have to submit as well. :P
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Chesty
Although I wouldn't want anybody to force a D*ck Cheney down my throat either.

Just for that, here's a lovely mental image for you:

Mr Cheney lying sprawled on a bed, nekkid, with just a little elephant-shaped dongle-holder covering his junk, "smiling" up at you all bedroom-eyes style, saying, "C'mon over here, boy, and let's pretend you're the economy and I'm gonna stimulate you..."

;)
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Karl
I don't know why people are so particularly against MLP and its fans. I doubt this thread would have received this kind of negative response if these were pokemon-themed unit portraits.

pokemon was a video game before the show, and adults today when it comes to pokemon will only talk about generation 1 and maybe 2, anything after that is an aboniation and the reason for this is becasue as a kid they played pokemon red / blue /yellow / gold / silver then grew out of it, and talk nostalgia.

bronies NEVER watched the old MLP show and there adults watching a show designed for little girls between ages 4-10. not just watching, but obsessing over it. that is the big difference between the 2
Reply Quote

It would have from me. Pokemon is really, really weird. But it's nowhere as weird as a sad grown man collecting toys and worshipping a children's show as god, then shoving it down people's throats, attempting to assimilate people into your obsession and then alienating those that do not agree with you.

I'm not really a hardcore MLP fan, I think its an okay show. I mostly enjoy other things like anime and video games. I don't really see much of a difference between MLP and other kinds of shows, so I don't understand the backlash against it. I happened to stumble upon these portraits today, and I thought they were really well done, so I figured I shared them. These are STARCRAFT portraits, so they are hardly off-topic.

Although I did not thoroughly enjoy them as much as you apparently did, its okay. But as soon as you begin to post nothing but MLP subjects on a starcraft forum, you should look at yourself and pray for forgiveness from your parents, who I hope did not encourage worship of a cartoon pony.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]