StarCraft® II

I have a question

Will my starcraft 2 wings of liberty choices be imported to heart of the swarm?

Just curious, will I see gabriel tosh if I decide to help him? Will protoss be more friendly to me if I chose to help them? Just asking :D
Reply Quote
Hanson may appear, given the zerg-oriented nature of the campaign. Tosh is unlikely to make an appearance.
Reply Quote
Considering you're playing as Kerrigan now and not Raynor.......
1.) Tosh made dealings with Raynor not the Zerg Swarm
2.) Protoss respect Raynor....if you read Sc2 Lore....the protoss hate kerrigan's guts and will try and kill her at every corner.

BUT
they did say that the end-campaign choice you made WILL affect the story line (ie. Kill the Nydus tunnel-something happens, Kill the Space Platform nest-something different happens).

hope this helped

Although I'm also disappointed in not seeing Tosh too :(
Edited by wFeBadOmen on 7/13/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not really. For one, Tosh is NOT making an appearance. Also, your choices will be reflected in 'dialogue', but not really in gameplay (meaning things such as Tosh vs. Nova, saving/killing the colonists). I can't speak to the end-campaign choice though, I hadn't heard that but it should be interesting.
Reply Quote
what blizzard should do is act like every single choice was made to stop any alternate stories from happening. assume each outcome occurs (because they are so minor and wont affect the sc universe as a whole as much). so tosh is dead. hanson is dead. and try not to bring up those little decisions in future missions/games as it brings up too many questions.
Reply Quote
2.) Protoss respect Raynor....if you read Sc2 Lore....the protoss hate kerrigan's guts and will try and kill her at every corner.

BUT
they did say that the end-campaign choice you made WILL affect the story line (ie. Kill the Nydus tunnel-something happens, Kill the Space Platform nest-something different happens).

hope this helped

Except we could play through the campaign an infinite number of times and make different choices each time. I don't see how they could do that. o.O
Reply Quote

BUT

hope this helped

Except we could play through the campaign an infinite number of times and make different choices each time. I don't see how they could do that. o.O
There are exactly three times when you make a choice in Wings. Three. There is nothing hard about bringing that into the next game.
Reply Quote

There are exactly three times when you make a choice in Wings. Three. There is nothing hard about bringing that into the next game.

He was saying that you could re-play the campaign infinite times and switch your decision lots of times. I think that if they do make the missions (even just dialogue) different based on your WoL decision(s), they should just ask you what decision you made before the mission, so you can see what happens if you did the other one w/out going back to WoL, but that's just my thought. Plus, if it only affects the first mission, then basically they could just ask you before you really even start the campaign.
Edited by Engineer on 7/18/2012 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

He was saying that you could re-play the campaign infinite times and switch your decision lots of times. I think that if they do make the missions (even just dialogue) different based on your WoL decision(s), they should just ask you what decision you made before the mission, so you can see what happens if you did the other one w/out going back to WoL, but that's just my thought. Plus, if it only affects the first mission, then basically they could just ask you before you really even start the campaign.
Do like Mass Effect 2 did, then. Before you start the campaign, pick which choices you made.
Reply Quote

Do like Mass Effect 2 did, then. Before you start the campaign, pick which choices you made.

ಠ_ಠ

As long as LotV doesn't turn out like Mass Effect 3
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
They said in an interview that keeping your choices was "something the team would like to do" but made no promises.

I hope so, but I don't think so. =/
Reply Quote
As TheSkunk posted above it is something they said they would like to do. It was never confirmed. They also said that NO choices would make a major difference. Unlike what another poster said above.

There are also the canon choices. Meaning if you didn't play WoL you would automatically be given the choices that are canon. Those choices have been confirmed.

Tosh>Nova
Save>Kill
Tunnels>Platform

So if our choices don't go over to the next game those are the situations that happened. Sadly none of the choices make a big difference in HotS. I think that Hanson held the most potential for continuation in HotS. Either attempted infestation of the colony or Hanson actually finding a cure for the virus. The reason none of our choices will make a difference in the future story is because Blizzard doesn't want people to feel that they picked wrong.

EDIT: After finding out the canon choices I replayed the campaign and picked each of the canon choices so that if our choices to make a change in dialog I will be receiving the canon story for HotS. The only choice I had to choice was the Tunnels. My original play-through I chose to destroy the Air Platform.
Edited by Azire on 7/21/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would love to see Nova turn into a zerg if you help her in the campagin XD or if you don't help her for that matter. Like, she gets exiled and captured by the zerg
Edited by Lastear on 2/3/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
From the interview, and as TheSkunk has mentioned, there aren't any promises. From what I heard, basically some decision may be imported but not have a great effect if at all on the gameplay. However, since Tosh dies if you chose to help Nova, it would be to much unnecessary work do have him appear for half the players and not the other half, not to mention the plot to do so.

Same thing with Hanson, if you chose a certain choice, she dies. I don't think they would be in HoTS.
Edited by Feargrim on 2/3/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
They have more recently said that Char and Tosh choices will carry over in slight dialog changes, but not Hanson.
Reply Quote
Actually, depending on your choice to go with tosh or nova, nova will say something different and that is it.
For the Platform or tunnels, I did one of each and the story nor the comments the character makes changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]