StarCraft® II

The game just randomly lags, even offline

It only happens in Starcraft 2, and I have a pretty decent computer. I know that it's not my computer because the game runs fine at 29 FPS consistently for 15 minutes, then drops to 2-3 FPS for 20 seconds, then runs fine for 5 minutes, then drops for 10 seconds, and it just keeps cycyling. Also, there's no correlation to what is actually happening in the game (it randomly does this even when I worker rushed). It also happens in offline mode, so I don't think it's a server issue.
Reply Quote
Come on. This is making the game near-unplayable for me.
Edited by Saturn on 8/26/2010 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Use HWmonitor to check temperatures first.
Reply Quote

Alright, here you go:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad186/infringement153/temps.jpg
Reply Quote
I was going to say I get this too, but my temps are fine. Your graphics card is running way too hot. Should be below 70 or something. Try the frameratecap line in variables.txt. Google it.
Reply Quote
I was going to say I get this too, but my temps are fine. Your graphics card is running way too hot. Should be below 70 or something. Try the frameratecap line in variables.txt. Google it.

I've already had it capped at 30 for the menus, and 60 for the game, ever since I got it.

Regardless, if you're also getting this with normal temps, I think there may be a larger problem that needs to be addressed. It's extremely frustrating to play with this constantly happening. Even leaving the computer off 10+ hours didn't do anything.
Reply Quote

Alright, here you go:

Okay that is not normal temps.

Is that with SC2 running? Cuz if that's your idle temperature, then you need to shut down your computer and reseat the heatsink right away. That temperature is not normal even if it's 100% load.
Reply Quote

Alright, here you go:

Okay that is not normal temps.

Is that with SC2 running? Cuz if that's your idle temperature, then you need to shut down your computer and reseat the heatsink right away. That temperature is not normal even if it's 100% load.

Idle is 75. =P
Reply Quote
if those temps you posted are idle and accurate, you have severe heat issues.
Reply Quote
I took those temps while it was running some intense stuff, k? I just want help with this happening, as for the most time, it's in the mid-70's. k then?
Reply Quote
I just tried turning every single graphics setting to minimum, and this doesn't happen anymore...I don't understand it >_<

But, when it does happen, why is it completely random? There would be some correlation to what's going on in-game if that was the issue...
Reply Quote
I don't know but there are some serious bugs in the game and I hope people will be more careful when its something like heat or bad ram or something because otherwise tech support has a perfect excuse to ignore the community and say its just our fault.
Edited by Bloodlust on 8/26/2010 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright, I'm really having an extremely difficult time with this. A few days ago, I just minimized the graphics settings to the absolutely lowest setting. After that, the random lagging went away, and although the game looked bad, I was happy.

But now, even though my graphics have every single setting on the absolute lowest setting, this horrendous single digit FPS lagging started occurring again. I don't care how hot my graphics card is, even if I had absolutely no graphics card, the game should still run smooth at the absolute minimized settings.

I really think there's a bug that needs to be squished here. I may not have a dedicated gaming computer, but it's a year old, and should run the worst settings just fine. And, as before, the lagging is random, doesn't just happen when lots of things are going on, and even happens randomly during the menus.
Reply Quote
ya, im not seeing any reason your computer should be doing that.
really you need to lower the graphics temp, thats killin it.
make sure its fan is running and if not, try to get more airflow through.
1 intake 1 outtake should do do it
Reply Quote
I take it back, I don't think it's a bug. I think it's actually my computer, because I checked again, and the temp is 98 Celsius >_<

I just blew the dust out of the fan vents, anything else I can do that might lower the temp >_<

ya, im not seeing any reason your computer should be doing that.
really you need to lower the graphics temp, thats killin it.
make sure its fan is running and if not, try to get more airflow through.
1 intake 1 outtake should do do it

What do you mean "1 intake 1 outtake"? Do you mean the vents? Like I said, I just dusted them.

Reply Quote
on my computer the front fan is blowing air into the case, the fan in the back is blowin the air out the case, creating an air flow
Reply Quote
im having the same problem i think, but i dont have a graphics card at all and i use to be able to run it just fine but suddenly it started happening, i think it may actually have to do with something happening in the game because i started an offline match and it was running fine for good amount of time then the lag started so i saved and closed completely out of the game and it stopped but when i started the save the lag comes right back
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Tharathgar
i dont have a graphics card at all

Hi Tharathgar, it sounds like you have an integrated graphics card, and you'll want to double-check to see if it is still supported.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]