StarCraft® II

Should there be medical towers for terrans?

Just like an radar tower , but that heals biological units?
Reply Quote
If you want terran to never lose a game again then yes.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 06:25 PMPosted by BlackDeath
If you want terran to never lose a game again then yes.

It's their turn for the BUFFS!
Reply Quote
That'd be like having roach regen above ground when on creep, except they are now marines and marauders.
Reply Quote
@Toortanga, all Zerg units already regen even when not on creep. All Protoss units also regen, the only units that don't are Terran units who need a caster to regen. Imagine having to build DT's that can't attack and aren't cloaked (they're about the same cost and strength as a medivac) just to regen your shields.
Edited by GuruEvi on 7/23/2012 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 06:36 PMPosted by GuruEvi
@Toortanga, all Zerg units already regen even when not on creep. All Protoss units also regen, the only units that don't are Terran units who need a caster to regen. Imagine having to build DT's that can't attack and aren't cloaked (they're about the same cost and strength as a medivac) just to regen your shields.

The thing though is that the medivac is a combat regen whereas none of the other ones are. The only comparable one is the burrowed roach health regen (which is what I was talking about in my first post) and even they can't attack while it is happening. It just happens fast enough to be useful in the middle of a battle.

Imagine fighting burrowed regen roaches, except now they can attack back. Now imagine that instead of roaches they were marine/marauder. That's unstoppable.

TBH, it seems zerg regen is too slow to be of any use most of the time. I think Protoss and Zerg would agree that the ability of a combat-worthy regen outweighs the rest. The super slow gradual regen isn't that big of a help.
Edited by Toortanga on 7/23/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Toortanga

The thing though is that the medivac is a combat regen whereas none of the other ones are. The only comparable one is the burrowed roach health regen (which is what I was talking about in my first post) and even they can't attack while it is happening. It just happens fast enough to be useful in the middle of a battle.

Imagine fighting burrowed regen roaches, except now they can attack back. Now imagine that instead of roaches they were marine/marauder. That's unstoppable.

TBH, it seems zerg regen is too slow to be of any use most of the time. I think Protoss and Zerg would agree that the ability of a combat-worthy regen outweighs the rest. The super slow gradual regen isn't that big of a help.

And, I think, most Terrans would argue that Protoss and Zergs ability to remax so fast far outweight the benifits of combat-worth regen.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Toortanga

TBH, it seems zerg regen is too slow to be of any use most of the time. I think Protoss and Zerg would agree that the ability of a combat-worthy regen ou
tweighs the rest. The super slow gradual regen isn't that big of a help.

im so sick of this. yes the medivac can heal in combat, but only when its NOT MOVING. WHEN IN THE HELL IS BIO NOT MOVING WHILE IN COMBAT?!
Reply Quote
Yes the medivac can heal in combat, but only when its NOT MOVING. WHEN IN THE HELL IS BIO NOT MOVING WHILE IN COMBAT?!

That's kind of my view of it. If they did do something like this, it'd basically be something that Terrans would put in their base to allow Bio to have a bit of a defensive edge. With the medivacs only healing when they aren't moving, it'd make sense to give Terrans a good, lower-tier style defense play that the other races can already do.

Protoss warp entire groups of units at once anywhere they want, and counter or defend efficiently.
Zerg get to remax instantly with any unit they have, and counter attacking forces easily.
All Terrans have is good positioning and micro capabilities to defend.

It wouldn't be a big difference to just give Terrans the ability to build some sort of tower for 150/100 or so, requiring an engineering bay, that gives bio-units a small regen bonus of like 1 hp every 5-10 seconds.
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 09:55 AMPosted by eXoGrayvyn
Yes the medivac can heal in combat, but only when its NOT MOVING. WHEN IN THE HELL IS BIO NOT MOVING WHILE IN COMBAT?!

That's kind of my view of it. If they did do something like this, it'd basically be something that Terrans would put in their base to allow Bio to have a bit of a defensive edge. With the medivacs only healing when they aren't moving, it'd make sense to give Terrans a good, lower-tier style defense play that the other races can already do.

Protoss warp entire groups of units at once anywhere they want, and counter or defend efficiently.
Zerg get to remax instantly with any unit they have, and counter attacking forces easily.
All Terrans have is good positioning and micro capabilities to defend.

It wouldn't be a big difference to just give Terrans the ability to build some sort of tower for 150/100 or so, requiring an engineering bay, that gives bio-units a small regen bonus of like 1 hp every 5-10 seconds.

If you're going to talk about defense, remember that Terrans happen to have repairable, salvageable bunkers and siege tanks. These already are a defensive edge even if you don't include radar towers (which no one seems to build).

The problem that I see is that for such a kind of healing, anything useful is likely too be too strong and anything less is likely not useful enough to ever be built, especially considering trends of Terrans just not using units that don't pass a certain degree of utility, especially when you have medivacs. Why would you spend 150/100 on something with such passing utility when it delays your tech path medivacs so severely?
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Toortanga
spend 150/100 on something with such passing utility when it delays your tech path medivacs so severely?

i unno about you, but this would be cool, build it outside of somebody's base, attack - get some damage done, move back to your forward base- to save medivac heal energy and go back again with a full health army.
Reply Quote
Did any one here play as Night Elves in WC3?

Yeah, their supply building also healed units.

It was nuts.

Really, Medivacs are enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]