StarCraft® II

WoL tech paths

so, i've heard that any tech path should be planned out prior to playing the game. so far, for this replay i'm going for all-in ground, haven's fall, and tosh.
i know for a fact that the OC and fire suppresion upgrades are the best armory upgrades in-game

would any1 please share techs that worked?
Reply Quote
The best upgrades are

Both Marine

Both SCV

Medics healing (You can get away without having to get the ability to reactor it cuz once you get Tech reactors, it makes it obsolete)

Both Tank upgrades

Both Viking upgrades

Fire suppression and Orbital Command

Both Banshee upgrades

These are the most needed ones.

Secondary ones (Which help out but are not all that needed) would be

Firebats Juggernaut plating

Both Goliaths upgrades

Both Marauder upgrades

Both Ghost/Specter upgrades

Anything else is pretty much a waste of money unless you REALLY love those units. I just never bothered with anything else.

For the research upgrades, Bunker health, fire turrets, Hercules, Cellular reactor, Psi distrupter for the zerg tech tree. For the protoss side, Weapon speed, micro filtering, auto refineries, science vessel and Tech reactor.
Edited by Xombie on 7/22/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks!
Reply Quote
I would agree with most of Xombie's list.

But if there is one thing you should know is that everyone has their own preference and style.

Personally I would not get the SCV's Advance Construction upgrade, as I never used it even when I bought it.

Nor would I get either of the Banshee's upgrade because I never found much of a use for them. Tho I do know a lot of people use them for taking out the Worms on All In(Ground.).

Same thing with the research choices. I found PFs to be more useful to me then the turrets. And I would get mech regen rather then Cellular reactor because I personally found myself almost never making any units that has energy(only exception is the Medic.).
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Necromancer
Personally I would not get the SCV's Advance Construction upgrade, as I never used it even when I bought it.

I like making new command centers and more production facilities in less than 10 seconds if I have to which is why I chose that one.

Nor would I get either of the Banshee's upgrade because I never found much of a use for them. Tho I do know a lot of people use them for taking out the Worms on All In(Ground.).

The reason I chose the banshee ones was due to All in. Double cloak means they last twice as long plus their splash held back a lot of lings and hydras.

Same thing with the research choices. I found PFs to be more useful to me then the turrets. And I would get mech regen rather then Cellular reactor because I personally found myself almost never making any units that has energy(only exception is the Medic.).

With the PF, granted, it's very useful. The only problem I had was a the build time. With the turrets, they seemed to hold back a lot more units especially with tank support. When I used the PF's, the hydras and other ranged units were outside the siege line and then build up a huge force attacking the PF. When the dam broke, there were too many units for my tanks to take out.

With the cellular reactor (+100 energy) I just used a lot of special forces such as wraiths, banshees and specters where I needed the extra energy. Plus with the synergy of the science vessel, I felt it made bio steel obsolete.
Reply Quote
07/23/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Xombie
When I used the PF's, the hydras and other ranged units were outside the siege line and then build up a huge force attacking the PF. When the dam broke, there were too many units for my tanks to take out.

With the PFs I tend to place my tanks right next to the PF, this way even if a hydra attacks the PF from the opposite side of where the tank is, the tank would still be able to hit it.
Reply Quote
2x cloak--bah. one of the funniest things i've done in WoL is get cellular and tomahack power cells b4 doing haven's fall, if you're smart the zerg ai will almost never even see them. however, it's an ai, so it still sends overseers with unnerving prescision
Reply Quote
I get both medic upgrades, mainly because tech reactor comes much later in the game. Once you have it it does make the Medic upgrade obsolete, but until then it is nice to pump two at a time. (Insert sexual joke here)
I also get drop depots aside form micro-filtering, but i ten to wall off and like the speed of being able to do so.
Edited by Gashnaw on 8/7/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]