StarCraft® II

Do you play multiplayer?

I haven't touched it and I've had the game for almost a year. I'm content playing against ai/campaign or with friends in scenarios/comp stomps. I did play multi in sc1 but I've gotten older and could care less really learning all the strategies for The races because I know from sc1 it's a whole new ball game.

Anyone else not dabble in the art of MP?
Reply Quote
... play some multiplayer its the reason why i bought this game and should also be the reason why you did -________-
Reply Quote
Nope.
Reply Quote
07/27/2012 04:49 PMPosted by NesTeaMyHero
... play some multiplayer its the reason why i bought this game and should also be the reason why you did -________-

Or fans such as myself who bought it to see the continuation of the story. You know us. The hardcore Blizzard fans.
Reply Quote
I'm probably going to buy SC1/BW soon, just for the story. I really want to know what happened :D
Reply Quote
07/28/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Nikola
I'm probably going to buy SC1/BW soon, just for the story. I really want to know what happened :D

You can download a mod that has the SCI and Brood war story but with the SCII engine. The only problem is there isn't any movies. But that is what youtube is for!

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sc1-episode-1-rebel-yell/
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I'm not a multiplayer type. I played Warcraft 2 and 3, and Starcraft 1 and 2, all without touching the multiplayer. I've never even seen WoW in person.

I do it solely for the story.
Reply Quote
I bought it for the single player, but do play some multiplayer 1v1. Not very good - just promoted to Silver league. But the single player was so good that even if I never touched the multiplayer, it would still be worth it, and I expect the expansions will be the same way.
Reply Quote
i play multiplayer but usually with my buddy. We play online with more people in 3v3 usually, but the game is for fun and we play for that. I am also doing campaign trying to get every portrait.
Reply Quote
07/27/2012 04:49 PMPosted by NesTeaMyHero

People have different tastes, dude.
Reply Quote
07/27/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Xombie
Nope.

+1
Reply Quote
No I do not play multiplayer. I also find it annoying to constantly have to update the game just because the people that play multiplayer want everything fair and balanced. I believe that forcing me to login to battlenet to play the single user campaign is a huge security hole.
Reply Quote
Meh. It's fun sometimes but all in all multiplayer could just not exist in the game and I wouldn't really care.

Playing it for the story, which is awesome.
Reply Quote
I couln't LIVE wiithout Multiplayer You guys don't know what your missing out on
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
07/28/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Nikola

I have a hard time going back to SC1 due to the absence of the features. It drives me nutz that I can't rally workers right into harvesting!
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 09:56 AMPosted by VIPER
I couln't LIVE wiithout Multiplayer You guys don't know what your missing out on
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 09:56 AMPosted by VIPER

Actually, I think we do and like a post said earlier...

08/02/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Coppermantis
People have different tastes, dude.

I only ever played SC1 for the campaign and for the hella-fun times with friends over LAN! So I think that's all I'll pretty much be doing in SC2 as well. Sure I might play a little MP here and there but, nothing too serious or competitive. I've only ever really liked SC for what it is, a really amazing offline RTS game. The Campaign and LAN MP features are what attract me most.
Reply Quote
Multiplayer gets old fast. It's super repedative, stressful and not very rewarding.
Reply Quote
Ive played the campaign and multiplayer and custom games.

Loved them all.
Reply Quote
I find multi player to be way too frustrating. People will laugh at me, but without a good understanding of game mechanics/macro you get STOMPED into a bloody pulp at newbie bronze league.

Been trying to "improve" for the last few weeks but its taken a lot out of me and I'm debating if I want the expansion. I've already done the campaign twice, and I love SC2 but unless you do multi player there isn't really a lot of ways to play it.

And actually...

Multi player gets old fast. It's super repetitive, stressful and not very rewarding.

Repetitive is a good way to put it actually because the first 10 minutes of every match is pretty much the same thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]