StarCraft® II

[Showcase]A Clash of Kings (Continued Continued)

07/27/2012 05:41 PMPosted by JTaylor
Still refusing to change the Stark WC though id be willing to make Stannis, Renly, and Lannister want Robb Stark dead

Jtaylor, I understand where you're coming from here but the reason I think this should go to Stark instead of Renly/Stannis/Lanni is that it would break the simple concept of hold KL = win. Maybe I'm the only one who likes this, but imo it creates an awesome dynamic where anyone has the chance to win.
Britanicus how dare you lol. JK I like it when players are nice to each othe rbut you to hate each other so whatevs. He meant, however, that without Lannister being ganged up on so hardcore there would not need to be overpowered cleganes so a clegane nerf would decrease lannister being ganged up on with some tweaks to the win conditions. He mistyped from my understanding after reading the rest of the post. You have a right to get mad over another Clegane nerf sugegstion which is now unnecessary but man dude you can rage lol.

Lannister should not be changed he is fine as he is now.

Stark's/Tully's win condition should not be changed but instead this should happen imo

Make it so Stark and Tully and maybe even Arryn have the option to break away from the rule of the Iron Throne and become their own independent nation. this could also hold true for Greyjoy which would be very interesting. Its optional so for the King of the Iron Throne to win he must destroy the upsurbers who claim independence and for the Upsurbers to win they must remain independent of the Iron Throne and hold their main territories.Upsurbers- Stark and Tully, Arryn can possibly join Stark/Tully in their cause because they don't actually support anyone but family ties and past alliances puts their favor with Stark/Tully, and maybe even Greyjoy since they declared independence. Again they could win this way, or they could win with their previous win conditions.
Edited by Mojamba on 7/27/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Do none of you understand that this is all to break the horrible North vs South dynamic? I feel like stark needs to come to lannister and stark, I have provided a lot of evidence and a lot of predictions, and I am apparantly falling on deaf ears because of LORE.
No not lore, LORE INTERPRETATIONS. I'm sorry that's just sad...
Robb said he didnt want throne he wanted the North and the Riverlands to secede from the Iron Throne.

That is the lore and nothing changes that.
I just thought I'd try to point this out regarding some people's suggestion of Tully/Stark needing KL. I'm worried that Thoros and Beric will never be seen in the game anymore, untill the game is already over with Renly controlling everything. If you've ever tried finding them while not allied to Tully, you will know what I mean. I love those heroes and I would hate to never get to see them again.
07/27/2012 10:01 PMPosted by DangnabitRH
I just thought I'd try to point this out regarding some people's suggestion of Tully/Stark needing KL. I'm worried that Thoros and Beric will never be seen in the game anymore, untill the game is already over with Renly controlling everything. If you've ever tried finding them while not allied to Tully, you will know what I mean. I love those heroes and I would hate to never get to see them again.

I saw them in a game the other day and was wondering where you get the brotherhood without banners.
I learned yesterday it takes 40 wins to not be a n00b. Gotta get there...

As for the Stark win condition, I don't want a change because the fact remains that if the wilds are competent AT ALL the wall will fall without help, and if the wall falls Stark loses. Stark can't be expected to fight for the throne and fight the others at the same time.

That said, I like the idea of getting a bonus for killing an opposing king. How about if you kill Jofrey, Robb, Stannis, Renly, Balon, or Euron you get a powerful faction-specific special unit. It couldn't be a hero because if you killed multiple kings you couldn't get duplicate heroes.
Robb said he didnt want throne he wanted the North and the Riverlands to secede from the Iron Throne.

That is the lore and nothing changes that.

It's an INTERPRETATION of the lore that omits certain things that I won't get into, I will leave that to andariel.
Would the lot of you stop argueing about dumb WC !@#$. Give JT some time to fix the bugs and kinks that already exist in the game; woul dyou rather have jail working or new stark wc's?
On that note JT has stated multiple times that although he wont change the stark WC he might change the baratheon ones to be anti-stark; is that good enough for you? However another issue with this is time. The game is too short for stannis to kill robb and migth renly and lanni with only arryn's help, which is all, if any, he is likely to get. And in resposne to the cleganes NO MORE NERFS. If anything, revert the sandor nerf. Lanni is already oen of the factions everybody hates, and is has abeast hero ball. If your nerf it again it just becomes boring and powerless.

And JT great job with your game, I no how though the the editor is. Keep it up!
I feel Blackfish should replace Stevron as a Tully hero... and Lyn Corbray replace Blackfish.. considering lore.... Also, I'm still pushing for Sand snakes to be removed. Thoughts? Finally, Lannister is 300% fair now... don't worry about adding new WC and what not because after the last few patches I feel the game is great, I second Hyperion in saying, let JT fix the bugs and work out the kinks. Jt, just want to thank you because I understand how much work it is to create a map let alone stick with it and actually put in input from players on the forums WE LOVE YOU!!!
Would the lot of you stop argueing about dumb WC !@#$. Give JT some time to fix the bugs and kinks that already exist in the game; woul dyou rather have jail working or new stark wc's?
On that note JT has stated multiple times that although he wont change the stark WC he might change the baratheon ones to be anti-stark; is that good enough for you? However another issue with this is time. The game is too short for stannis to kill robb and migth renly and lanni with only arryn's help, which is all, if any, he is likely to get. And in resposne to the cleganes NO MORE NERFS. If anything, revert the sandor nerf. Lanni is already oen of the factions everybody hates, and is has abeast hero ball. If your nerf it again it just becomes boring and powerless.

And JT great job with your game, I no how though the the editor is. Keep it up!

You want the mass lanni hate to go away, BUT you don't want the Stark WC, make up your mind lore or gameplay? Also while we're at it, let's make renly explode at 20 minutes cause it fits the lore, and let's make A Song of Ice and Fire a movie because it obviously has to have perfect lore and the players wont comply unless its a cinematic.
07/28/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Rich
I feel Blackfish should replace Stevron as a Tully hero... and Lyn Corbray replace Blackfish.. considering lore.... Also, I'm still pushing for Sand snakes to be removed. Thoughts? Finally, Lannister is 300% fair now... don't worry about adding new WC and what not because after the last few patches I feel the game is great, I second Hyperion in saying, let JT fix the bugs and work out the kinks. Jt, just want to thank you because I understand how much work it is to create a map let alone stick with it and actually put in input from players on the forums WE LOVE YOU!!!

I hate these ideas, why should we make these changes, what purpose would they serve...!@#$ing loreheads, they don't want anything that would slightly damage their perception of A Song of Ice and Fire.
I'm just here to rage at Joker...he said he would ally me with 5 mins left so i clicked the button...and he killed all my heroes and took kl from me. Blacklist.
Is that particularly relevant?
People are going to mass ally no matter what, I played a game today as Renly where Stark, Stannis, Tully, Arryn, and Lannister all allied to fight Martell and I after we took most of the Reach, all of the Riverlands south of the trident, and the Crownlands. Then after they lost the rest of the Riverlands and the Westerlands, Stark killed his defenses, and let the others come down. The biggest deterrent mass alliances is your own concious and playing style. Do you want to play to win, play for fun, or play so your enemies don't win? Most players want to win, and if they can't they want make their enemies lose. I've played games before where I stay in a game after giving up hope of winning just to help my ally or just to make certain some players don't win. Mass alliances are part of the game, and it is up to the plyers if they want to mass ally and stay allied afterwords, or betray one another. I've played games before where I've been bsed, where I've bsed, where I let others through, and where I've had someone let others through to fight me. Most players probably have, most players have probably been part of a mass alliance. So what if most people enjoy winning, or enjoy ruining the game for others? It is a game, there is no need for the forums to get so heated, and the WCs are fine as they are. WC won't stop mass alliances, they haven't, and honestly who cares? Most of the players who need mass alliances to win are not very good. Can anyone honestly say they've never had more than two allies in every game of song they've played?
Do you really think the entire map allying against Wilds or Others isn't a mass alliance either? Because it is.
And ULose, let JT decided where he draws the line at Lore and gameplay, it is his game. At this point you are basically flaming.
Also JT, what bugs are you aware of and working on fixing?
Edited by Skoton on 7/29/2012 1:17 AM PDT
07/28/2012 10:42 AMPosted by UloseTheGame

I hate these ideas, why should we make these changes, what purpose would they serve...!@#$ing loreheads, they don't want anything that would slightly damage their perception of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Just wanted to say.. These changes wouldn't make a difference anyway. All it would be is changing a couple names around, chill out.

I think the Stark needing KL idea is bad too. Stark has enough to worry about generally without NEEDING to try and take KL.

I like all the changes that have come in lately, I must agree that Lanni didn't really need a nerf, but no biggie either way.

And yeah mass alliances will always happen. When one alliance gets on top of the rest of the game why wouldn't everyone else ally up to try take them out?
Just finished doing this but wanted to see what everyoen thought before i uploaded it...

1. Killing off a King will give the other heros of the other King factions a 5% bonus to attack speed and damage. This will stack per King that is killed so that if the other 4 Kings die then your hero's will be recieving a 20% bonus to attack speed and damage.

2. In order to recieve these bonuses your King must be alive.

3. When your King dies, your heros lose all the bonuses given from killing other Kings, this way players will be protective of their King's and will make losing your King painful.

4. The player that actually kills the King will recieve 2k minerals.
I like it! I think that a better reward for the faction that kills a king would be a permanent population cap buff (25-50, maybe). Either way, I think it will be an improvement to the game.

This will add a cool dynamic between these five factions for upper level players.

EDIT: This will also make capturable heroes interesting. Ser Ilyn, BRING ME HIS HEAD.
Edited by Janders on 7/29/2012 7:47 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]