StarCraft® II

[Showcase]A Clash of Kings (Continued Continued)

JT please tweak or remove the neck aura, it affects any non-Crannogmen unit, even Stark's and Stark's allies. I've seen people lose heros when they retreat past the neck holding Greywater and it is just terrible. I'd prefer no neck aura rather than a neck aura that hurts the holder.
Edited by Skoton on 10/15/2012 6:13 PM PDT
I was thinking of a different version for this new "Essos" Map that Jtaylor was making. That would be different from A Song Of Ice And Fire That you would have players as mercenary companys. Since there isn't much contenders for "The Ruler Of Essos"

I also noticed a comment about the lore of essos. which would be not much he stated. Which I semi Disagree/Agree.. By adding in mercenary companys. you can easily add in heroes. weapons. lore. etc. Because as I stated again, there isn't much contenders for taking over Essos. So once again, ill state factions or more..Merc companys in Essos. And also contenders

First, CONTENDERS.

Dany Targaryen
Yunkai
Dothraki

Im gonna be choosing the most notable mercenary companys. but then ill also add in merc companys that aren't as notable.

The Golden Company
The Second Sons
Company Of The Cat
Stormcrows
Windblown
Brave Companions (Not so sure about this one if you want to stick to lore and passing the war of the five kings

That comes up to 9 Players, adding in 2 more. If you want the original 11. So.....I will unprofessionally name the rest of the company names. But I would think he would add in free cities like braavos or tyrosh or lys. Anyways.

Ragged Standard, Maiden's Men, Bright Banner's, Iron Shields, Gallant Men, Long Lances,

How would this be played? Because you know...mercenary companys don't really have WC's. Win Conditions
I would think, Whoever pays the highest, and A set amount of minerals to gain as a player before the game ends. And Lets make minerals rare. so the contenders of essos have to pick a mercenary company, and a mercenary company could go on the faith of the player to pay later on....

GETTING MINERALS
I would think, instead of the income and amount of kills (thats how i think A Song Of Ice and Fire works) You gain minerals by either triggers, (finding treasure, rare items. etc) Or conquering citys. And Citys should be a loop time. So it can't be exploited attacking back and forth gaining minerals. This makes it harder to hire a merc company. but you can also try to charm a merc company by promising minerals by helping looting a city. And I have many other ideas on gaining minerals.

Charisma for Leaders
This is the interesting part. Since this is set in the world of "A game of thrones" You can have the contenders being charismatic on gaining merc companys, being funny, threatening. etc. This would give a whole new game on diplomacy.

SETTING THE PRICE
As a Mercenary company. You can set the price of hire. Lets say Dany wants to hire Stormcrows. Stormcrows would be like...."Pay me 2000 minerals first. then ill join you"
This would make it alot interesting in diplomacy

Anyways Im gonna edit this later because presidential 2012 debates are going on. haha.

NOT FINISHED
Edited by LtShinySides on 10/16/2012 7:48 PM PDT
I was thinking of a different version for this new "Essos" Map that Jtaylor was making. That would be different from A Song Of Ice And Fire That you would have players as mercenary companys. Since there isn't much contenders for "The Ruler Of Essos"

I also noticed a comment about the lore of essos. which would be not much he stated. Which I semi Disagree/Agree.. By adding in mercenary companys. you can easily add in heroes. weapons. lore. etc. Because as I stated again, there isn't much contenders for taking over Essos. So once again, ill state factions or more..Merc companys in Essos. And also contenders

First, CONTENDERS.

Dany Targaryen
Yunkai
Dothraki

Im gonna be choosing the most notable mercenary companys. but then ill also add in merc companys that aren't as notable.

The Golden Company
The Second Sons
Company Of The Cat
Stormcrows
Windblown
Brave Companions (Not so sure about this one if you want to stick to lore and passing the war of the five kings

That comes up to 9 Players, adding in 2 more. If you want the original 11. So.....I will unprofessionally name the rest of the company names. But I would think he would add in free cities like braavos or tyrosh or lys. Anyways.

Ragged Standard, Maiden's Men, Bright Banner's, Iron Shields, Gallant Men, Long Lances,

How would this be played? Because you know...mercenary companys don't really have WC's. Win Conditions
I would think, Whoever pays the highest, and A set amount of minerals to gain as a player before the game ends. And Lets make minerals rare. so the contenders of essos have to pick a mercenary company, and a mercenary company could go on the faith of the player to pay later on....

GETTING MINERALS
I would think, instead of the income and amount of kills (thats how i think A Song Of Ice and Fire works) You gain minerals by either triggers, (finding treasure, rare items. etc) Or conquering citys. And Citys should be a loop time. So it can't be (can't find the word) attacked back and forth gaining minerals. This makes it harder to hire a merc company. but you can also try to charm a merc company by promising minerals by helping looting a city. And I have many other ideas on gaining minerals.

Charisma for Leaders
This is the interesting part. Since this is set in the world of "A game of thrones" You can have the contenders being charismatic on gaining merc companys, being funny, threatening. etc. This would give a whole new game on diplomacy.

SETTING THE PRICE
As a Mercenary company. You can set the price of hire. Lets say Dany wants to hire Stormcrows. Stormcrows would be like...."Pay me 2000 minerals first. then ill join you"

Anyways Im gonna edit this later because presidential 2012 debates are going on. haha.

NOT FINISHED

this is certainly an out there idea but youd definitely have to have a reason the sellswords would actually want cash
10/16/2012 06:22 PMPosted by gooniesfan
this is certainly an out there idea but youd definitely have to have a reason the sellswords would actually want cash

True, but I mean. mercenary companys go by money, its a better fictional lore than the 9 cities going at war with eachother imo. ALSO

Im trying to feed Ideas to JTaylor, So it may be out there but its a thought, y'know?

P.S Goonie, your a good player, every time I play you im scared haha
Edited by LtShinySides on 10/16/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Hum...good idea. Even with few contenders, it would make up for a lot more players in the form of mercenary companies. Could be quite an interesting game, i would certainly play it.
Pytos' Guide to Making an Iron Kingdom

Thanks to LightOutAce for the hero/ability/item data.

Overview:
Greyjoy is an island faction, but it holds a portal to mainland(different from stannis then). It is my favorite faction because of its versatility. There are many ways to win(at least try to) as GJ, which are, at the end of the game:
-Hold Pyke
-Hold Deepwood Motte and Moat Cailin or Casterly Rock and Lannisport or Riverrun and Harrenhal or Shield Islands and Arbor

Pros
-Versatility, you can have many different allies.
-Island, not very easy to attack and with access to many places.
-Ships spawn.
-Overral good heroes.
-Supply-efficient army

Cons
-Very small supply cap, can be "pushed out" by your opponents when attacking.
-Faster but weaker ships than the regular ones.
-Slow spawn, can be "denied" in early game.
-Some of your targets require you to estabilish a landing point.

Heroes
GJ has overall good heroes, not very fragile and easy to hide among regular army.
Note: I don't really remember hero stats, so I'm using LightsOutAce spreadsheet for it. It lacks data on range and energy though, and as soon as I'm able I'll get them.

King Balon Greyjoy
-Health: 5850
-Damage: 270(370 vs light)
-Attack speed: 1.40
-Range: 2.5
-Armor: 60
-Movement speed: 2.75
-Target: Ground

Aeron Greyjoy, the Damphair
-Health: 3500(+ 400 shield)
-Energy:
-Damage: 360
-Attack speed: 1.50
-Range:7
-Armor: 45
-Movement speed: 2.50
-Target: Ground and air
-Abilities: Plasma blast-Deals 1250 from long range, costs 75 energy, cooldown :30
Transfusion-Heals 1/3 of target's health, costs 50 energy
Psionic shockwave-Damage, knock away and stun all nearby units, costs 40 energy, cooldown :15…Note:Affects allied units

Theon Greyjoy-Respawns after 5:00 when killed
-Health: 4100
-Damage: 495
-Attack speed: 1.50
-Range:6
-Armor: 50
-Abilities: Snipe-Deals 750 damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds, cooldown 5:00

Asha Greyjoy
-Health: 3800
-Damage: 450
-Attack speed: 1.25
-Range:7
-Armor: 45
-Abilities: Seduce-Grants vision of target unit, cooldown 2:00

Victarion Greyjoy, Commander of the Iron Fleet -Ship hero, so only fights on water
-Health: 4200
-Damage: 85(x20)
-Attack speed: 1
-Range:
-Armor: 65
-Movement speed: 2
-Target: Air
-Abilities: Captain of the Iron Fleet- +10% atk spd, +15% move spd,+20 damage for ships

Euron Greyjoy, Crow's Eye - Spawns if Balon dies, ship hero
-Health: 3800(+500 shields)
-Damage: 500
-Attack speed: 1
-Range:
-Armor: 60

Itens
Your only starting weapon is Red rain(it starts on Balon).
-Damage: +60
-Attack speed: +10%

Comments
- Balon is your tank, and is capable of taking a lot of punishment while inflicting some, especially against small, weak units, making him a very good hero against Wildlings/others. Also, he can hide in your army(same unit as Ironborn reaver). Also, he benefits greatly from Robes of Rh’lor.
- Aeron is easy to spot and not that good of an attacker, but his abilities are good, aiding in hero sniping and healing in emergency situations. His third, however, affects your units as well, so beware.
- Theon is a very strong hero with a slow attack. He has a very important skill in the name of Snipe, basically made for hero killing. Notice that he can hide among Northern longbowmen, if you happen to have some. Also, he should get Red Rain, he benefits the most from attack speed.
-Asha is a weaker version of Theon, with lower stats and lacking Snipe. Seduce is not a very easy-to-use skill, since getting close to the enemy to use this is kinda hard.
-Victarion makes your fleet distinguish from others. His aura is really beneficial to your ships, and not losing him grants you an edge in the sea. He does not attack towers, though, so leave him behind just to benefit from the aura.
-Euron is an overall good ship hero, but does not compensate for Balon’s loss.

Start
-Start upgrading Pyke and Ten Towers. Hotkey your septas and heroes, and then buy another septa to heal your ships (you should use the steward too).
- You’ll either use the portal close to your keep or the transport ships, and so you should buy more transports as soon as possible, to carry more troops. They won’t be targeted as much as Stannis’ , so you don’t need to use many covers for them.
-Now, what you do depends on which faction(s) are allied to you, so look below.

Allies/Situations
Note: You can win with any faction(provided the faction you target owns KL), so I’m going to comment the most important/common.

-Lannister- Lannister/Greyjoy is a common alliance, because, from its position, GJ can hit Stark while he’s on the Riverlands and then fall back easily. First thing one should do is break that keep(just north of your islands) just to avoid being attacked while going north. After that, using ships, clear Bear Island (Stark’s island keep) to secure a landing, and then start moving against Deepwood Motte and progressively get more of Stark’s castles. When he gets to the North to defend, flee to Bear Island where you have the advantage (get heroes on transport ships, if necessary). After you get Moat Cailin and Winterfell, Stark should be very crippled (and maybe stuck on the Riverlands), and so you can destroy it, and then it’s game won (most likely) for you and Lannister. If Tyrell is attacking Lanny, he’ll most likely ask you to use your ships and some extra men to defend him, or maybe even try to beat Tyrell. If that’s the case, use your ships to take down Shield Islands, and carefully take down Oldtown(land/sea attack) and Arbor, maybe with Lanny help.

-Stark- This alliance, very common, forces you to attack Lannister. If this happens, you should be allied to Tully too, as it makes things much easier. A common tactic is for Stark to offer you Bear Island, so you can buy Dromons(they are stronger than your ships). There are two ways you can attack: by ship, on Feastfires, and by land, on Ashemark. Since Lannister spawn is much bigger than yours, attacks should happen while he’s on KL or when Stark attacks Goldentooth. If Asheford is clear, you can attack Lannister from behind when he’s defending against Stark. If he’s away or weakened, clearing Feastfires with ships and landing an army to attack Casterly Rock, even if it takes more than one try, is enough to make Lanny divide his focus. Have Stark take Kl, you take the West, and game won. If Lanny is allied to Tyrell, he will use his ships against you, but you should only defend, as it’s a bad situation to attack him.

-Tyrell- This is less common, happening only if Tyrell and you didn’t manage to get an ally, or if he is mass allying. In this case, attacking Lannister by ship while Tyrell attacks Lannisport is your option, since Tully isn’t allied, and RR towers will attack your forces if you go by land. An alternative is just landing men in Tyrell’s lands to support him if Renly and Martell are winning. Remember to get your WC after you’re done. This is harder to win than the above.

-Stannis- Occasionally, both island factions don’t get allies, and unite for mutual help. They won’t meet, but distracting Lanny and Tully while Stannis attacks KL, Duskendale and Maidenpool makes Stannis’ job much easier. The problem is GJ won’t always win even if Stannis does, because you might be unable to crack Tully or Lanny.]

-Night’s Watch- Even though NW can’t help you win, a truce with Stark(unless you are allied to him) makes supporting NW a breeze. After barrier is down, transports bring men to aid the Wall, and Balon and Ironborn Reavers are just amazing against Wilds/Others.

-Solo- Sometimes you just don’t get an ally. Your best option is to attack Stark, since he will be on the Riverlands anyway and there won’t be competition for his lands, what happens with Lanny.

I hope you liked this guide and it helps you win more frequently :)
Edited by Pytos on 10/28/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Asha and Damphair have range 7, Balon has 2.5, and Theon has 6.
Edited by LightsOutAce on 10/19/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Thank you for data...but i'm afraid i'll only finish the guide by the weekend..
http://www.speedyshare.com/VuA74/A-Song-of-ownage.SC2Replay

I'd love it if we all shared replays, god knows I'd LOVE to watch a full game of song of ice and fire and how it plays out. Above is a game that I feel should be immortalized on my record, such an amazing game...

Game starts with south infighting as usual, but after a little healthy profiteering on tyrell's part, the south gets its act together and STOMPS the north.
http://www.speedyshare.com/VuA74/A-Song-of-ownage.SC2Replay

I'd love it if we all shared replays, god knows I'd LOVE to watch a full game of song of ice and fire and how it plays out. Above is a game that I feel should be immortalized on my record, such an amazing game...

Game starts with south infighting as usual, but after a little healthy profiteering on tyrell's part, the south gets its act together and STOMPS the north.

Man I remember that game. That one was HARD. Although I don't understand what took Legatus a year to touch KL.
I was talking about casting some games earlier, but no one seemed interested.
10/23/2012 03:34 PMPosted by LightsOutAce
I was talking about casting some games earlier, but no one seemed interested.

Do it and send me a link when you're done!
Guys, check the finished GJ guide a few posts above!!!!!!
If you are back JT just for the love of god fix the neck debuff. By the time all of starks troops make it to the middle of the riverlands, another spawn has occured. Stark could literally just sit there gathering troops all game until he runs out of pop space. Oh and that damn portal glitch
Edited by Kalesh on 10/28/2012 4:24 PM PDT

First, CONTENDERS.

Dany Targaryen
Yunkai
Dothraki

The Golden Company
The Second Sons
Company Of The Cat
Stormcrows
Windblown

GETTING MINERALS
I would think, instead of the income and amount of kills (thats how i think A Song Of Ice and Fire works) You gain minerals by either triggers, (finding treasure, rare items. etc) Or conquering citys. And Citys should be a loop time. So it can't be exploited attacking back and forth gaining minerals. This makes it harder to hire a merc company. but you can also try to charm a merc company by promising minerals by helping looting a city. And I have many other ideas on gaining minerals.

Charisma for Leaders

SETTING THE PRICE

NOT FINISHED

Finally finishing this up, ive been delaying it. But I guess I should finish it.

BETRAYALS(A part of diplomacy)
After a mercenary company supposedly agrees to get paid later on. Like any other aSoIaF game. He would get betrayed after the contender gets his objective and has no need of them. And since he didn't get paid, he didn't get his win condition and he probably loses his land.

PLACEMENTS
Where would they have there spawns? you could ask, you couldn't very well place them in the dothraki sea haha. Since they were founded in the free cities, and since JTaylor wants to make a map of essos. It would be logical that they would be placed in the free cities, giving a purpose to have defenses (defending the city, of course) and spawns. because of course, Everybody needs to admire some kind of building in sc2. (In melee my favorite is the supply depot) so yeah, golden company can be put in braavos. and so forth.

Probably finished, but not really. I SHALL CONTINUE EDITING LATER!
Very good suggestion for an Essos map, i'd play it. Since we're writing map ideas, let me enter one: what about a siege/lotr-style map, focused on NW vs Wilds/Others? Could work, i think...
11/02/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Pytos
Very good suggestion for an Essos map, i'd play it. Since we're writing map ideas, let me enter one: what about a siege/lotr-style map, focused on NW vs Wilds/Others? Could work, i think...

That is a really great decision, and It would be easy to learn. cause mostly in aSoIaF games, beginners (noobs) have a hard time learning. Doing a simple easy, attack/defense should make it much easier. but of course you would have the complex win objective that A song of ice and fire has.
So is there an ETA on the whole neck debuff going away? I'd also like the items dropping while going through gates to be fixed. And plz go back to old transport drop system. Thanks
I think JT has said that he's done with the map. Which is a shame. I'd really like to see the neck debuff go away.
The transport drop system has nothing to do with this map. That changed with the big SC2 update a couple months ago, and it sucks.
Edited by LightsOutAce on 11/8/2012 2:48 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]