StarCraft® II

1.5.0 Arcade Developer Support

Not sure if I can put this here but on Open Games when you go down to click next for another page it actually says TEXT instead of NEXT. Thought is was worth mentioning.
Reply Quote
The new Open games lobby is ordered from NEWEST TO OLDEST, which means the longer I sit in a lobby the less people will see it, Will this be changed from Oldest to Newest, so that the longer I stay in a lobby the more people will see my map on the open games list?

Otherwise the Open games list will fail...
Reply Quote
Hi, thanks foir answering my question. I know the problem with TextureSelectById has already been addressed but some people report custom models will miss their textures, either in game or in the editor or both. It just happened to me, I imported a modified version of the Swarm Guardian model and in the cutscene previewer its totally red, missing the diffuse texture, even though the model is set to use the original texture. Another case is when a custom texture overrides a standard one, in my case the diffuse texture for the ZergBuildingLarge doodads won't show up because I replaced it with my own version.

Now an unrelated suggestion: could you add to buff behaviors a 'disable footprint' flag? Disabling collision works great for units but they still can't move through structures and there's no simple way to achieve that.
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 03:00 PMPosted by NCSwireframe
There is a question I have pertaining to the new User Type in the Data Module. This new addition allows us to store data in a structured fashion where we can reference it via triggers in a direct way. In the past the best way to do this was to load the data you needed into a variable array. Is one method better or worse in terms of game performance? if the difference is minimal then the project I'm working on will continue using variable arrays and I will wait to start using User Types until my next project. If the performance difference could be major would you explain why?

I would say technically the varibles always have a littile higher performance. After all, any thing you stored in data, you will need trigger and varibles to read them.

Store everything with varibles though, could require more loading time and script memory.

But I would choose the User Type, it is a more organized system, and could make your code clear and polish. And you also could use Excel to generate User Data xml:)
Edited by Renee on 8/2/2012 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
One of my friends in the EU region wanted me to ask this.

"Can you send actor messages to a unit model dialog item (in order to influence it somehow)? Is its possible, and if so, how? Is a way to use the actual actors default messages and default scale, so that when the unit model dialog item is created, all it's 'ActorCreation' messages run".

Of course you can, you can use "Actor From Dialog Item" function to get a hold of them.

And if you want to edit it's default actor events/properties, go to Actor tab of Data module and modify the actor "UnitModelFrameActor"
Reply Quote
Please allow us to set tint color to player color for actors using only data. There is a trigger solution to this but I don't think it is possible using only data.

Edit: Also I've run into a bug with some of my abilities now where it won't let me set the Arc to 360. Setting it to 360 just sets it to 0. 359 works though. I'm guessing I'll just have to remake these abilities?

You can use raw data to set the tint color from the beginning.

Just modify the event field, and add a new actor event:

ActorCreation
-SetTintColor *****

And for the ability arc, It seems currently you have to switch to the XML view, and type in 360 manually
Reply Quote
Please allow us to set tint color to player color for actors using only data. There is a trigger solution to this but I don't think it is possible using only data.

Edit: Also I've run into a bug with some of my abilities now where it won't let me set the Arc to 360. Setting it to 360 just sets it to 0. 359 works though. I'm guessing I'll just have to remake these abilities?

ActorCreation
-SetTintColor *****

And for the ability arc, It seems currently you have to switch to the XML view, and type in 360 manually

No. You don't have a handle on what the color of the player is who owns the actor. For example, if I want marines to be tinted according to the color of the player who constructed them, what would you set the tint color as in the message? You wouldn't know which player is making them, and furthermore, you wouldn't know the player's color in data. The only way to do this is with triggers: Marine is created -> send actor message to unit actor -> set tint color to current color of player (triggering player)
Reply Quote

How did you apply this code? It works perfectly on my PC.

The right way to use this code is create a new Layout in UI editor, and paste the code into the new layout and press save.

If it doesn't work. I could only come up 4 possible reasons:

1. You used wrong dds path
2. The format of your dds file isn't right
3. You are not using the official CommandPanel UI, you actually used dialog Item to create a dialog item based on CommandPanel template. (Which would need to adjust override path in the code)
4. Your client data has been corrupted you need to remove C:\ProgramData\Battle.net then reinstall the gamee

Well...uh...crap. That sucks. That's how I tried it but to no avail :/ If you could link me a map with it working, or send me code using a pre-installed Blizzard texture, I'd be much obliged.

The sample map:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/29/458/CommandPanelBG.SC2Map

The expected result:
http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/attachments/29/459/.JPG
Reply Quote

ActorCreation
-SetTintColor *****

No. You don't have a handle on what the color of the player is who owns the actor. For example, if I want marines to be tinted according to the color of the player who constructed them, what would you set the tint color as in the message? You wouldn't know which player is making them, and furthermore, you wouldn't know the player's color in data. The only way to do this is with triggers: Marine is created -> send actor message to unit actor -> set tint color to current color of player (triggering player)

Oh, well. I overlooked the "Player Color" part. Then you want to set the unit's tint color to it's team color? It can only be done with triggers indeed.
Edited by Renee on 8/2/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi. First time I couldn't start STARCRAFT2.
But,My computer(MAC) tried to software updates.Then I could start STARCRAFT2.
However,Battle.net so laged and i couldn't play radder match.
Also, today i was trying to start STRACRAFT2.But didn't start and this massage said, "An internal error occurred,Please restart.If problems persist contact customer support"

I restarted two times.But still said this massage.
I really hate this patch.Anyway, How to fix this problem.
Reply Quote
I have a few feature requests for the editor that could go a very long way in opening up many, many possibilities within the editor.

1. The ability to modify an unit's mover on the fly through both trigger and data means. There are many circumstances in which I would have liked to be able to make a ground unit fly (and a flying unit land-bound) without having to switch the units by triggers or by using a morph ability.

2. The ability to modify the site operations used on an actor on the fly through both trigger and data. For example, I would like to be able to add the "Rotator" site operation to an unit actor when a certain ability is used. Right now, the temporary solution is to attach a dummy actor to the unit's main actor and disable the main actor's visibility until I'm done making the unit rotate.

3. The ability to set an unit's height to negative heights using behaviors, effects, or triggers (permitting the unit to clip through terrain). Right now, the only way you can do that is by setting the Unit's UI - Height field to a negative value. This means that creating animations where the unit sinks into the ground has to be done as a workaround by setting the unit's default height to negative and give it a behavior that returns it to a normal height that is disabled when the unit needs to be sunk into the ground.
Reply Quote
I recently tried to download the arcade. I waited for 10-15 minutes and still it was 0% done. So I thought there was a problem with the patch so i closed the patch then i tried to open it up but it didn't work. It just opened up the game and didn't patch it through. Please Help.
Reply Quote
let me rephrase my Last post.

right now the Open Games list is sorted from Newest to Oldest, meaning that the newest are showing on top.

I propose that it is Randomized, and it just jumbles all the maps reguardless of age, that way no matter how long you sit in a lobby the same number of people will see your map.
Reply Quote
Hi. My problem that i seem to have is that when i try opening up the trigger editor for my map (it was a map that i made before patch 1.5), it is taking an absurd amount of time to "Validate" (Loading Triggerings). Right now i am up to like 6000 seconds for loading... -__- Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
Reply Quote
I have a hero ability that, when learned, is triggered to set another ability to it's level. So as you level up one ability, it levels up another.

The trigger sets the 2nd ability to the same level of the learned one.

The problem is that, for some weird reason, at level 3 the ability button says "Level 4" and at level 4 the button says "Level 5". It doesn't even have 5 levels.

I added a debug msg, and for some weird reason it's just skipping level 3 and jumping to level 4, although the learned ability is not. So I basically cannot set it's level to level 3 - I tried triggering that, too, and it just jumps to level 4 again. I do not understand how this is possible. Any idea how to fix this?

Here's the abil's XML data:

<CAbilBehavior id="Camouflage">
<AbilSetId value="Clok"/>
<EditorCategories value="Race:Terran,AbilityorEffectType:Units"/>
<CmdButtonArray index="On" DefaultButtonFace="Camouflage" Requirements="ReconaissanceSkills1M">
<Flags index="ToSelection" value="1"/>
</CmdButtonArray>
<CmdButtonArray index="Off" DefaultButtonFace="CloakOff">
<Flags index="ToSelection" value="1"/>
</CmdButtonArray>
<Flags index="Toggle" value="1"/>
<Flags index="Transient" value="1"/>
<Cost>
<Vital index="Energy" value="35"/>
<Cooldown TimeUse="25"/>
</Cost>
<Cost>
<Vital index="Energy" value="32"/>
<Cooldown TimeUse="24"/>
</Cost>
<Cost>
<Vital index="Energy" value="28"/>
<Cooldown TimeUse="23"/>
</Cost>
<Cost>
<Vital index="Energy" value="24"/>
<Cooldown TimeUse="22"/>
</Cost>
<BehaviorArray value="Camouflage1"/>
<BehaviorArray value="Camouflage2"/>
<BehaviorArray value="Camouflage3"/>
<BehaviorArray value="Camouflage4"/>
</CAbilBehavior>
Reply Quote
Reporting a bug:

When an ability is set to autocast, it won't autocast on targets that the caster can't path to. For example, a high templar with an autocasting Psi Storm placed on a cliff with no ramps won't autocast Psi Storm on enemies within range just down the cliff.

This is an undesired behavior of autocasting. If it was desired, we should have to use a validator to check for pathability to the target.
Reply Quote
Whats the best way to return a number's place in order of greatest to least among a set of numbers?

For example,

With these numbers, 9 5 3 7 1

How would I go about getting which number is the third greatest? (which is 5 btw)
Reply Quote
Since 1.5, it seems that when I copy/paste triggers from one map to another in the PC version of the editor, the Image values all go to "Value" (undefined). This is true where any literal Image value is being expressed, either in a variable assignment or function call.

This has been confirmed by others. This even happens when copying/pasting a single trigger inside a single action if that trigger includes an Image literal. This must be a bug with 1.5 and a pretty serious one for me. I have hundreds of lines that do not translate to other maps.
Edited by Icculus on 8/5/2012 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whats the best way to return a number's place in order of greatest to least among a set of numbers?

For example,

With these numbers, 9 5 3 7 1

How would I go about getting which number is the third greatest? (which is 5 btw)

1. Put the numbers in an array
2. Perform a bubble sort on the array
3. Select the 3rd element
Edited by Icculus on 8/3/2012 8:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]