StarCraft® II

SCII 1.5.0 Editor Issues and Solutions Thread

(Locked)

Community Manager
Hey everyone,

With the release of 1.5.0, a great number of new features and additions have been made to the toolset. With all of the new additions to 1.5.0 for the Editor, we've noticed a few un-foreseen problems and we'd like to have one consolidated location for 1.5.0 related issues.

Please post here with issues that you may be experiencing with the editor since the release of 1.5.0, as well as any solutions to those problems that you may have found. Please keep this discussion focused and on track so that we may all benefit from each other's brilliance and ingenuity!
How about the great number of features and subtractions from the user profile and interface?!
How about the great number of features and subtractions from the user profile and interface?!

That is totally irrelavent to this post.

Anyway, I personally have had no problems, but I'm hearing about problems with role play map engines not working since the patch.
Edited by MoreEpicthnU on 8/1/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Developer
This information from Sixen on how to retrieve a mod or map that may have accidentally been deleted due to 1.5.0:

if you've published your map on Battle.net, you can do the following:

1) Clear your map cache
2) Download/play your map through Battle.net
3) Search your entire computer for *.s2ma, the file that comes up will be your map (since it's the only one you've downloaded)
4) Either rename this to .SC2Map and open it in the GalaxyEditor, or open it with an MPQ Viewer, such as Ladik's MPQ Editor.

The only problem with this method is that you can no longer access your triggers within the Editor, although the Galaxy Script is still in tact. Obviously, this is a last resort type method, as you can still restore your terrain, etc, but again, you lose the ability to use the trigger module within the Editor. Now, if we had access to how the Trigger Module converts triggers to Galaxy Script, we could write a program to do the opposite. But then, of course, people would be able to completely "steal" locked maps by using this method as well

As an aside/LifeProTip - always remember to back up your files.
Edited by Deletarius on 8/1/2012 4:27 PM PDT
Prior to 1.5.0, the "Periodic Event" event would gradually drop a player's FPS to extremely low values if run often enough (i.e. every 0.01 seconds). While I am not sure whether this has been fixed in 1.5.0, one possible work around at the time was to recursively run your triggers (for example, re-running a given trigger once it reaches its end). You would have no lag using this method, no matter how long it ran -- or how many ran simultaneously.

Unfortunately, it seems that this workaround -- the recursive trigger activation -- causes the FPS drop/lag problem in 1.5.0, and to a much greater degree than before. I had two triggers running recursively every 0.01 seconds for 30 seconds without any lag whatsoever prior to 1.5.0 (my FPS was stable at 62, which is my Starcraft II FPS cap), but now my FPS plummets to under 10 extremely rapidly after only a few seconds.
There is no way to disable/modify item stacking!

I already have item stacking in my map, but now this new item stacking thing is screwing it all up. Things are stacking that shouldn't, items stack but retain charges (so you just got 2 free charges etc.), and so on.

Also, desyncing has been occuring in my map. It may be related to "set lighting for player", but I'm not sure.
Prior to 1.5.0, the "Periodic Event" event would gradually drop a player's FPS to extremely low values if run often enough (i.e. every 0.01 seconds). While I am not sure whether this has been fixed in 1.5.0, one possible work around at the time was to recursively run your triggers (for example, re-running a given trigger once it reaches its end). You would have no lag using this method, no matter how long it ran -- or how many ran simultaneously.

Unfortunately, it seems that this workaround -- the recursive trigger activation -- causes the FPS drop/lag problem in 1.5.0, and to a much greater degree than before. I had two triggers running recursively every 0.01 seconds for 30 seconds without any lag whatsoever prior to 1.5.0 (my FPS was stable at 62, which is my Starcraft II FPS cap), but now my FPS plummets to under 10 extremely rapidly after only a few seconds.

Map Properties->Options->Check "Stagger Periodic Trigger Events"

Perhaps this would do some help.
Map Properties->Options->Check "Stagger Periodic Trigger Events"

Perhaps this would do some help.

Thanks for the advice.

However, even if that setting would help with periodic events (it doesn't help with the recursive method), there's something distinctly going wrong if a problem that wasn't present prior to the patch (at least in the workaround method) suddenly emerges. I'd rather the core issue get fixed, hence my original post. :)

To reiterate, there was no lag/FPS drop prior to the patch when recursively calling triggers in rapid fashion, and now there is.
Hey,

Before the Arcade patch, my mod was listed as usual, and when you entered a custom game, you could click the team selection and change between 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and FFA, based on the number of starting locations on the according map. After the patch but before I updated my mod to implement pictures and help, when I clicked the drop down selection bar above "Play Game" I could select between the team modes and enter the game with that mode.

After updating to fix all the random bugs with Arcade and to implement extra pictures and help, the drop down selection bar only shows "Custom" in it. On two maps that are 8 player, it shows "Custom" 5 times. No matter which I click, when I enter the lobby, the mode will be 4v4. Does anyone know how to fix this?

If you need to see what I am talking about, you can type SPMP in the search bar in the Arcade. I currently have 4 maps and the only one that is working fairly acceptably is 1v1 because there are only 2 players allowed.

Can anyone help?
08/01/2012 10:52 PMPosted by KaneStaff
Can anyone help?

Something in your Game Variants might have broken, I'd go root around in there and see if there's anything odd-looking.
Edited by Prometheus on 8/1/2012 11:06 PM PDT
The biggest issues I had in 1.5 are

1. Actor Message "SetCastShadows 0" no longger works in 1.5, so I can't hide actor's shadow.

2. The "Story Mode" action is still blizzard-only, so I can't use Render to Texture in my map.

I also made a bug list here for all editor bugs in 1.5 I had found:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5911941503
Maybe it would be better if you would mix some of the Old UI in the profiles with the new UI, i know you developers know what i mean here, and why.
1) 4v4 and 3v3 are showing up as double entries in Career Summary.

2) On Mac, choosing 'Show' on a replay or folder sometimes opens up and empty folder in the Finder, however you can still copy a file to it that shows up on the client.

3) 'Create Party' sometimes deletes the name of certain friends on your friends list, specifically ones you are currently having a conversation with.

4) Text entered in a channel or PM window no longer appears as white; this may have been an aesthetic decision but makes it harder to tell when you have written something.

5) Mousing over 'Show More' in open games replaces the words with 'Text'

6) Match History seems to have lost its golden trophy and skull icons to designate wins and losses.

7) Mousing over Career icons on the Profile page yields very different results than are displays, and the designations of 'Top 8,' 'Top 25' have been removed in favor of the generic 'Top 100' icon.

8) There is now no way to find total league games won, as well as FFA, cooperative, and custom. There was no reason to remove this.

9) In customizing the 'Quick Nav,' bringing up 'My Leagues' results in a hang.

10) When viewing another players' profile through a ladder or score screen, there is no 'Back' button.

11) Recent Achievement has been completely wiped.
where are my total games won? That should show up in big numbers on the profile page... come on guys... and also what happened to the random team ladders... now its all just team ladders
This is the *Editor* issues thread, guys -- please post editor-unrelated bugs in the dedicated bug forum, found here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13440/
Edited by Prometheus on 8/2/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Since downloading patch 1.5 I can't even open the editor
Developer
08/02/2012 09:59 AMPosted by ImOverHere
Since downloading patch 1.5 I can't even open the editor

Could you please give a bit more specifics such as OS at the very least, any error messages that you're getting, what's happening with it, etc?
Edited by Deletarius on 8/2/2012 10:40 AM PDT
08/01/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Prometheus
Can anyone help?

Something in your Game Variants might have broken, I'd go root around in there and see if there's anything odd-looking.

My game variants shows the Use Default Variants as checked... Thanks for the idea, though.

Hey, I understand what you're talking about now! I have to make my own game modes... :D It'll probably work now! Thank you so much, man! You practically saved my mod! :D
Yeah my Starcrat game isn't working says I need a language pack for it. can anyone help?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]