StarCraft® II

SCII 1.5.0 Editor Issues and Solutions Thread

(Locked)

Developer
The biggest issues I had in 1.5 are
1. Actor Message "SetCastShadows 0" no longger works in 1.5, so I can't hide actor's shadow.

2. The "Story Mode" action is still blizzard-only, so I can't use Render to Texture in my map.

Hi Renee, thanks for the bug report. I've confirmed that SetCastShadows no longer works and hopefully we'll be able to find a solution for you. We're also very aware of the desire to use Render to Texture in custom maps and hope to expose support for that sometime in the future. Thanks again for all your work compiling bug lists and helping the community!
This patch is garbage...i cant even log in!
08/02/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Deletarius
Since downloading patch 1.5 I can't even open the editor

Could you please give a bit more specifics such as OS at the very least, any error messages that you're getting, what's happening with it, etc?

08/02/2012 01:00 PMPosted by ItsThatGuy
Yeah my Starcrat game isn't working says I need a language pack for it. can anyone help?

i have the same problem , blizzard is not helping me , i feel cheated.
08/02/2012 01:00 PMPosted by ItsThatGuy
Yeah my Starcrat game isn't working says I need a language pack for it. can anyone help?

08/02/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Escronymous
i have the same problem , blizzard is not helping me , i feel cheated.

It's not a editor issue, so it is suppose to be posted in Technical Support forum:

And there is an official solution already:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6233033862#7
Edited by Renee on 8/2/2012 8:25 PM PDT
BUG! *SQUASH*

When you have custom game attributes set, closing and reopening the Editor will set Player 1 and 2 to default settings.

I have no idea why it's doing it.
I have two problems that only started after the 1.5 patch. The first is relatively minor (compared to the second at least). I have made some custom changes to the Zeratul unit and Actor. Before the patch his attack animation worked perfectly fine, but afterwards he makes one attack and then proceeds to attack things by staring at them for the rest of the game. Problem is, I haven't changed any of the attack-related Events. They're all exactly the same as the baseline Zeratul unit. I've added some extra events for triggering his spell animations, but that's it.

The second problem is the big one. My map is crashing. Reliably. I can't reproduce the crash on command but it always happens, and almost always after about a minute and a half (although on occasion it has happened after around 3 minutes, and a few times it has happened after around 30 seconds). I've tried disabling various large systems in the map triggers but none of them have fixed the problem. The Error message is no help: "An unexpected Fatal Error has occured."

Nothing in the map has changed from before 1.5 to now, and it's suddenly crashing in a game-breaking way. My first instinct is that there must be an infinite loop somewhere but I can't find one and, like I said, nothing has changed.

This is really serious and I'm tearing my hair out trying to fix it, but to no avail. I can't find a single shred of a clue as to why or when or how it is happening.
Edited by BurningRose on 8/5/2012 4:16 AM PDT
08/05/2012 04:15 AMPosted by BurningRose
This is really serious and I'm tearing my hair out trying to fix it, but to no avail. I can't find a single shred of a clue as to why or when or how it is happening.

Have you checked the Debugger to see if there's something that consistently occurs prior to the crashes? You may be able to find some indication as to what's going on in there.
Does anyone know why in this patch people aren't routed to the game lobby when they join the game, but they are put in a queue that says, 'waiting for more players'? Also, I've been trying to figure out how to make it so people can switch their starting location. (I want the color on the starting location to be the same, but I want people to be able to choose their starting location which has its' set color). I've tried working with map variants and I could only get them to switch color but not starting location.
08/05/2012 04:32 PMPosted by McClane
I've tried working with map variants and I could only get them to switch color but not starting location.

You can set the starting locations in the Map -> Player Properties settings.
Issue:
Terrain module of the editor. Cliffs. There's like a constant landslide. :D
I understand that, but I can't let the player in the lobby choose what starting location they want. The order they enter the lobby is the starting location they are forced to play in, they can't move around.
From X-Maul over at The Helper
When you are creating the actor event: "Selection Update (Local) / (Sync)"
You are not able to select a Source Name. You will have to change to "XML View" to change this.

I can also confirm this as an issue. Never had a problem before the 1.5 but it won't seem to work now.

It also appears that terrain textures with a value specified in the Height Map property cannot be placed in the terrain module (for example, the Mar Sara Concrete texture)
Edited by Dave on 8/7/2012 3:20 AM PDT
The exact same thing is happening to me. I can no longer make a custom map because everything (attack damage, unit models, etc) get reverted to default settings even when I test it. It make no sense. This patch sucks.
i recently add the 'tutorial' option to my map and published it, after i published it the game was impossible to play a normal game. the only option was the tutorial option.... any suggestions on setting this up or a 'how to'?

this is what it says in editor:
Map->Arcade info->Tutorial tab
Tutorial map file: Self, selected.
Tutorial Game Variant: Variant 1 (tug of war - 3v3)
Load Variants From Published Map File
Game Speed: Normal

Any idea on how to set this or change this so it do not over ride normal game play...?

I haven't published anything with the Editor since the Arcade patch (because ugh), but my guess is the problem stems from how you're using your 3v3 Tug of War variant for the Tutorial -- meaning there isn't another variant for the normal game itself.

You'd probably have to make a second variant for the tutorial while explicitly selecting "Tutorial" under Mode.
Does anyone know of a way to change the color options within the game while in lobby with patch 1.5? because i want to be able to remove 3 colors so they arent an option to play as. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is an image:
http://i.imgur.com/EN9Yt.png

For Removed Values, light pink, light green, and violet aren't there even though in the game lobby they show up.

Any help?
Glooboo, try going to map variants. Then individually click on each player there. Then go below on click the thing that says, color, value and access. This should light of the options to the right of it. Then go to remove values (you may need to expand the screen to see this), and remove the colors that you don't want to be accessed.
Thanks for the response but didn't you look at my image? the three colors that i need removed aren't there under the removed values section. There are still in the game lobby though.
[8/12/2012 2:12:57 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-cmd-train-wraith.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)
[8/12/2012 2:12:58 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-reaver.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)

These are two messages that appear on my "Galaxy Editor" Map called Exlife First Time V2. It's a non-public map and it says It can't find the wraith or the reaver buttons. What do I do?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]