SCII 1.5.0 Editor Issues and Solutions Thread

(Locked)

[8/12/2012 2:12:57 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-cmd-train-wraith.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)
[8/12/2012 2:12:58 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-reaver.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)

These are two messages that appear on my "Galaxy Editor" Map called Exlife First Time V2. It's a non-public map and it says It can't find the wraith or the reaver buttons. What do I do?

Did they just start appearing after patch 1.5 was applied?
Edited by Glooboo on 8/12/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Hello!
I have a minigame I've been working on here and there for a while now. I just loaded it up in the editor today to check out new features and continue working. However every time I try to test it I get the following problems:

-The hero selection part of the game used to work fine, but now the only thing that works is the cameras. The units have disappeared. I get errors like this: Trigger Error in 'gt_DialogClicked_func':Invalid unit type specified
NearLine 200 in 'gt_DialogClicked_func{) in MapScriptGalaxy

-The dialog boxes should say things like 'Previous' 'Next' 'Choose Hero.' But I get stuff like PARAM/VALUE/537A009A instead of 'Choose Hero'

-A building has also disappeared

-
08/08/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Nyarlathotep
The exact same thing is happening to me. I can no longer make a custom map because everything (attack damage, unit models, etc) get reverted to default settings even when I test it. It make no sense. This patch sucks.

^I also have this problem.

I've looked through my triggers and nothing has changed. Quite frankly, I'm at a loss as to how this happened and how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by CallMeLukas on 8/12/2012 4:41 PM PDT
[8/12/2012 2:12:57 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-cmd-train-wraith.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)
[8/12/2012 2:12:58 PM] Warning: Unable to load image from 'Assets\Textures\btn-unit-protoss-reaver.dds' (Core: a required object could not be found)

These are two messages that appear on my "Galaxy Editor" Map called Exlife First Time V2. It's a non-public map and it says It can't find the wraith or the reaver buttons. What do I do?

Yes. It's like those 2 things were removed from my map. Also my game crashes everytime I go into the map.

Yes. It's like those 2 things were removed from my map. Also my game crashes everytime I go into the map.

What i would suggest is to find those two images manual on the button that they are suppose to be on in the data editor. if they aren't there and you need them, try to go into another map (new if you want but make sure all the dependencies are on) and try to take that image and place it into the new map. As for the game crashing, not too sure about what would cause that or if it is just your computer. After you fix the first issue it might go away, or try having a friend or someone test it. make the game, add your friend and try playing it.
Edited by Glooboo on 8/12/2012 6:15 PM PDT
-The hero selection part of the game used to work fine, but now the only thing that works is the cameras. The units have disappeared. I get errors like this: Trigger Error in 'gt_DialogClicked_func':Invalid unit type specified
NearLine 200 in 'gt_DialogClicked_func{) in MapScriptGalaxy

-The dialog boxes should say things like 'Previous' 'Next' 'Choose Hero.' But I get stuff like PARAM/VALUE/537A009A instead of 'Choose Hero'

Have you tried just redoing the part of the trigger that is for the units appearing? For the text you could try to do the Text Editor (F8) and look for it and make sure it is set to the correct text.
I had autostart before the arcade patch, but it seems to not work with my map on the new patch. I was wondering if any mods or mapmakers had any insight into this.

The total possible number of players possible for my map is 14 and I have different game modes that set the number of "open" slots (others are locked to "closed") to 4, 8 or 14. Is there something that needs to be set to get autostart to work in a custom map? I've looked around and found nothing so far.

What i would suggest is to find those two images manual on the button that they are suppose to be on in the data editor. if they aren't there and you need them, try to go into another map (new if you want but make sure all the dependencies are on) and try to take that image and place it into the new map. As for the game crashing, not too sure about what would cause that or if it is just your computer. After you fix the first issue it might go away, or try having a friend or someone test it. make the game, add your friend and try playing it.

I can't even get past the streaming data process. In the previous patches of it, I could get pass it and all I have changed is I disallowed Player 1 some units and added some upgrades to player 1. I also can't even get to the lobby so I can't make the game. How do you open up the debugger?
Edited by Risker on 8/13/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Edit: Double post by accident.
Edited by Risker on 8/13/2012 10:03 AM PDT
hmmm I just found two strange things:

In my Cutscene Editor, I can't see Unit sheet, while I surly loaded the right Denpendiences. And I also sure I can see it back in arcade beta.

And I'did not find the Toggle Cloak command which we have back in the old previewer module, is this feature removed?
Edited by Renee on 8/13/2012 10:01 AM PDT
I can't even get past the streaming data process. In the previous patches of it, I could get pass it and all I have changed is I disallowed Player 1 some units and added some upgrades to player 1. I also can't even get to the lobby so I can't make the game. How do you open up the debugger?

You mean that you can't even join a game that you make in starcraft 2? like you can't join the lobby at all? If you want ill see if i can join it if you can make it into the lobby.

Also there is a debugger within the game trigger that you could make to open when you say a certain command. Caution: it will normally cause a lot of lag
You can have the debugger automatically open whenever you hit 'test map', you know. There's a setting in the Editor's preferences (more specifically, in the 'Test Document category).
08/13/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Glooboo

You mean that you can't even join a game that you make in starcraft 2? like you can't join the lobby at all? If you want ill see if i can join it if you can make it into the lobby.

Also there is a debugger within the game trigger that you could make to open when you say a certain command. Caution: it will normally cause a lot of lag

I can even make the map go to the lobby. I can't get into the map at all. I'll try making it public and then have you search it in there and try making the lobby okay.
I found what was making it crash. It was the custom model I used in it.
Since the Arcade patch, the "Text Preview" is no longer present when I'm attempting to edit text in the data editor. Clicking "edit" to show the text editor results in the "Text Preview" showing up, however there is no text visible. This makes editing my buttons extremely hard, as I need to run my map in order to double check that my tooltips are correct, especially since I'm using imbedded data references.
So this isn't unique to 1.5, but the Active Players and All Players groups are identical.

One would assume that these groupings could be used to distinguish between perhaps observers or actual players but they can not be. There seems to be no way to do that properly without some very convulted methodology based on teams.

As such altering the UI or Observed Dialog Types (if they even work) if very difficult, if not possible.
What are the new physics fields in Actor Actions, and how can we use them?
Well apparently Mar Sara Tile set is bugged, as I am unable to use the tile-set at all, even if i give the textures to other tile sets for a custom one. Starting to get pretty damn frustrated.

Any advice?
Developer
08/26/2012 12:39 PMPosted by composure
What are the new physics fields in Actor Actions, and how can we use them?

These are still being worked on; we didn't have time to pull them before 1.5 launched. You should see more functionality come online in a future patch.
Developer
08/14/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Khalanil
Since the Arcade patch, the "Text Preview" is no longer present when I'm attempting to edit text in the data editor. Clicking "edit" to show the text editor results in the "Text Preview" showing up, however there is no text visible. This makes editing my buttons extremely hard, as I need to run my map in order to double check that my tooltips are correct, especially since I'm using imbedded data references.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the missing checkboxes were caused by a small layout error in 1.5 and should be fixed in a future patch.

I'm surprised to hear that the text preview isn't showing up at all for you in the Text Editor and I'd appreciate it if you could post any additional information about that issue.
Developer
Well apparently Mar Sara Tile set is bugged, as I am unable to use the tile-set at all, even if i give the textures to other tile sets for a custom one. Starting to get pretty damn frustrated.

Any advice?

It's not entirely clear what you mean by bugged, but I'll take a guess: you're having trouble painting terrain textures? There's a new feature that's only enabled for Mar Sara that allows your painting to be affected by the terrain height, giving a more natural desert look.

You may have accidentally adjusted the sliders without realizing what they do. On the bottom of the texture palette, below the shape buttons, you'll see two new sliders: Height Blend Scale and Height Blend Cutoff. Set Height Blend Scale to 100% and Height Blend Cutoff to 0% to go back to the standard behavior.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]