StarCraft® II

SCII 1.5.0 Editor Issues and Solutions Thread

(Locked)

08/29/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Tenarsis
I'm surprised to hear that the text preview isn't showing up at all for you in the Text Editor and I'd appreciate it if you could post any additional information about that issue.

So, I knew the root of the problem was that the background of the preview field was the same color as the text. Apparently there's a way to change that color (Preferences => Colors => "Text Editor - Preview Background"), so I've fixed the problem. I don't know if the default colors are simply set to the same color, or it was just some fluke weirdness (I'm positive that I'd never modified the text preview background color before).

Previously, the "Text Editor - Preview Background" was set to a gray color (128,128,128) and the "Text Editor - Preview Text (Default)" was set to black. The problem was solved by changing the former to a white color. I guess that the black text color setting is overridden for some reason, even though I don't have any style or color modifications on any of my button texts.

On a related note, the Text module appears to cause lag of about the same order of magnitude as the Cutscenes module. I would think that the Text module shouldn't lag quite that much. Is that a known/fixable issue?
Ah, yes. Another issue that has troubled me several times... If you press Ctrl+Z (undo) while in XML view, it truncates the XML data, completely messing it up. At that point, the only solution is to close the map without saving, then open it again. It would be nice if this problem were fixed, since I'm in the habit of hitting undo whenever I accidentally do something I didn't want to do, and this habit turns fatal when working with XML.
So, I knew the root of the problem was that the background of the preview field was the same color as the text. Apparently there's a way to change that color (Preferences => Colors => "Text Editor - Preview Background"), so I've fixed the problem. I don't know if the default colors are simply set to the same color, or it was just some fluke weirdness (I'm positive that I'd never modified the text preview background color before).

Previously, the "Text Editor - Preview Background" was set to a gray color (128,128,128) and the "Text Editor - Preview Text (Default)" was set to black. The problem was solved by changing the former to a white color. I guess that the black text color setting is overridden for some reason, even though I don't have any style or color modifications on any of my button texts.

On a related note, the Text module appears to cause lag of about the same order of magnitude as the Cutscenes module. I would think that the Text module shouldn't lag quite that much. Is that a known/fixable issue?

So, I loaded up the editor again, and the text wasn't showing up. I changed the background back to grey, and now the text shows up as white on grey. It would appear to me that the text color appears to be set based on the background color settings whenever the editor is started.
No I never adjusted any sliders, I just reinstalled the game about a week ago on a New pc, so no settings have been edited, though apparently the default installed settings are 0 and 0, which would make new users really FRUSTRATED because they cant paint like they normally ca with other textures. Perhaps you would make things more USER friendly in the future so people know what is going on after a patch instead of blindly running around in forums waiting for a reply.
08/30/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Zeoinx
No I never adjusted any sliders, I just reinstalled the game about a week ago on a New pc, so no settings have been edited, though apparently the default installed settings are 0 and 0, which would make new users really FRUSTRATED because they cant paint like they normally ca with other textures. Perhaps you would make things more USER friendly in the future so people know what is going on after a patch instead of blindly running around in forums waiting for a reply.

I just loaded up a blank map and can confirm that the defaults are both 0%.
Developer
08/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Khalanil
I just loaded up a blank map and can confirm that the defaults are both 0%.

Thanks for mentioning this. We will get this fixed in a future patch.
Edited by Tyrran on 8/31/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Developer
08/30/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Khalanil
So, I loaded up the editor again, and the text wasn't showing up. I changed the background back to grey, and now the text shows up as white on grey. It would appear to me that the text color appears to be set based on the background color settings whenever the editor is started.

Thanks for clarifying the steps required to reproduce this.
Developer
08/30/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Khalanil
Ah, yes. Another issue that has troubled me several times... If you press Ctrl+Z (undo) while in XML view, it truncates the XML data, completely messing it up. At that point, the only solution is to close the map without saving, then open it again. It would be nice if this problem were fixed, since I'm in the habit of hitting undo whenever I accidentally do something I didn't want to do, and this habit turns fatal when working with XML.

Our QA team was able to reproduce this issue. Bugs that cause data loss like this are pretty serious and we will make the fix high priority for a future patch. Thanks for the report!
Hi, my doodad list for galaxy editor isn't showing up? Any idea what's wrong?

Picture: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364164
Hello everyone,

Since the release of the 1.5 patch I have been having an issue with my map, The Star Strikers, where players will be forced to leave the game with a "Desync!" message right after the game starts. I have had several suggestions from different map developers on how to fix this problem with no results. I noticed that in patch 1.5.2 there is the following note:

Fixed a number of crashes and de-syncing issues that could sometimes occur in Arcade games.

Despite this, my map is still having desync issues. I was wondering if you, the developers, had any information on specific uses of the map editor that might still cause desyncs (so that I can avoid them), or if there is anything that you know of that I can do to fix the issue.
Edited by Chirus on 9/1/2012 7:05 PM PDT
Okay every time I make a map in editor it will not let me play it in versus a.i it won't even show up in there. I clicked file then test document and still it didn't work. When I try test document it just closes the editor window. Any one know why?
Whenever I download a map (from the single player game) and then try a test document, or publish. Not only does it not exist when published, but it also blocks me from testing the document by saying that I'm not actually a member. (It gives me the screen to upgrade or continue beginning campaign) of course I am actually a member. How do I fix this? Is it a common bug? I am logged in through both the editor or the game when I try this. So I know I'm properly logged in. And both the game and my graphics cards are completely updated and I have recently logged into multiplayer mode.
If you have the game open while you also have the editor open it will not actually open the game. Try closing the game and leaving editor open, then re-click the test document. See if that will fix it. It should open the game in a completely new window (which you could not do before because the game was already open). Good luck :)
Well apparently Mar Sara Tile set is bugged, as I am unable to use the tile-set at all, even if i give the textures to other tile sets for a custom one. Starting to get pretty damn frustrated.

Any advice?

It's not entirely clear what you mean by bugged, but I'll take a guess: you're having trouble painting terrain textures? There's a new feature that's only enabled for Mar Sara that allows your painting to be affected by the terrain height, giving a more natural desert look.

You may have accidentally adjusted the sliders without realizing what they do. On the bottom of the texture palette, below the shape buttons, you'll see two new sliders: Height Blend Scale and Height Blend Cutoff. Set Height Blend Scale to 100% and Height Blend Cutoff to 0% to go back to the standard behavior.

I've experienced a problem with Mar Sara as well, and it goes beyond the default setting of the height slider: whenever I'm painting textures, the textures will glitch and leave holes that are untextured.

From what I've gathered, it's related to the new height map on the textures, and can be fixed by removing them in data, but if this is a new feature meant to enhance the textures then I would like for it to be fixed altogether.
I especially hate the way you got to rage around just to place a d*mn ramp! D:
this might be a lil late. but it seems like the trigger action: Portrait - set border texture, broke with patch 1.5.

i keep getting errors saying its trying to set a string type value to the object, and it also says its the wrong type of value :/ I am positive im using an image file.
Hello,

I've currently encountered problems with the editor. It freezes when i open it and gives me the error box. Before this happened, i set all my preferences back to default and when i open the editor all the tabs open (terrain, data, ai, cutscene, etc.). I was wondering how to remedy this. Thanks.
p.s. I use a mac if it makes a difference.
Edited by Azteca on 10/28/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Hey i have a minor bug, there are 2 doodads(Korhal Flag I think), that reset their positions if I move them save, and then exit the map. They have been in their misplaced positions for 10 months, I am 100% sure I moved them and then saved it when cleaning up the terrain.
When a hero has a behavior ability, with the flag set to "toggled on" (so basically you're supposed to be leveling up a behavior), and he dies and then is revived, he loses the behavior.
If a unit fires a beam across fog of war, the beam is not shown.

I encountered this with my orbital strike spell, where a dummy unit spawns 10 units at a height of about 20 or 30 to the northeast of the target, and then fires a beam and explosion at the target via actor action. I noticed if the entire area was not visible (as in, the fog between the dummy and the target), the beam was hidden entirely. I even set the actor fog to visible, and it still was not shown.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]