1.5 Trash patch harmful to laddering

Everyone knows SC2 is based around laddering.
Not custom games.

Yet this stupid halfarsed patch swung the pendulum way the hell in the other direction.

1v1 master players can't see their win/loss at a glance by clickin their profile instantly, they have to scour through their current teams, find 1v1, and click that, to see it.

That's not so bad. But for any team games, it's absolutely stupid now.

I typically play loads of team games, and my highest team game in 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 was available on 1 click in my profile. Now I have to again, go through the profile, to the career, click 4v4, scroll through a bunch of teams, ONE AT A TIME (because they aren't sorted) to find out what the friggin position of my highest team is???

When someone new msgs me to play, the first thing I do is quickly check their profile, and if no top 8 master icon, then i don't play. Now it takes probably 2 min to inspect a player adequately to make a decision on whether he should be invited or not, and that means people will probably stop bothering to play with new people unless they are desperate.

This will just lead to further segregation in the community.

I agree that the "overall" win/loss ratio within a league that was removed is a good thing. Now people can't farm 50 teams worth of placements at 5wins each and pretend they're good with 250/0 while sitting at rank 95 master.

But at least please allow us to see our highest rank in each league at a glance along with the associated win/loss of that ONE TEAM in that league atleast... this is friggin ridiculous.

it's almost as bad as that old bug from 1.2 that took 2 minutes to load one person's profile!!!!!!!!

P.S. the new icon that appears in top right to show your highest team league, uses the generic masters portrait. ie.: even though I have hit rank 1 masters multiple times, the icon displayed gives the illusion that I am a top 100 master.

Blizzard added the portrait breakdowns with the master wings, and the master stars, SPECIFICALLY to diffrentiate, but now they're gone?? what the hell?

EDIT:

This thread is not about team games or 1v1.
I said this problem is in 1v1 as well.
Im talking about the PATCH.

The only part of the patch that still looks half decent is this:

http://picpaste.com/kamoOcW7.jpg

BRING BACK THE PREVIEW AT A GLANCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

EDIT #2:

Perhaps if THIS page can be fixed to AUTOMATICALLY load the 3 HIGHEST RANKED leagues (rather than letting user PICK), then at least it would SOMEWHAT help....

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/601392/1/nFusion/ladder/

But in the current state, that's not a solution, because the game does NOT showcase the highest league, it fills that crap up with the first 3 leagues you place in. If you want to showcase the highest, the USER must do it manually. If at LEAST that can be automated, it';d be a step in the right direction.
Edited by nFusion on 7/31/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I kind of agree. It's pretty annoying navigating through the current profile setup. Maybe blizzard will be nice to us an redesign it. :D
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Mostharmless
Platinum level players can get masters in 4v4 if they try. Most people don't take team games seriously.

Try getting to high master's in 4v4 & see how often you win. You're going to be really upset if you are ever able to get that far; which you probably can't.
Reply Quote
The new UI sucks... and i agree with OP.

And LOL @ all the people saying team games don't mean !@#$. They all suck in 1v1s anyways, so their opinion needs to stay to themselves.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Shinitenshi
Platinum level players can get masters in 4v4 if they try. Most people don't take team games seriously.

Try getting to high master's in 4v4 & see how often you win. You're going to be really upset if you are ever able to get that far; which you probably can't.

I've been masters 4v4 before and it was still easier the diamond 1v1.
Reply Quote
Damn, you guys are really heated.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Mostharmless

Normal masters is as easy as you make it out to be. Now get to high masters & see how you fare. And if it's so easy, why did you demote down?

Please don't use the classic "I only mess around" excuse. Some of my matches are just as intense as my actual laddering experience.
Reply Quote
Yes I agree
Reply Quote
I would disagree that starcraft doesn;t revolve around custom games.

SC2 is primarily a tournament E-Sport and tournaments use custom games. Lawyered
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:23 PMPosted by StankyCheeze
Damn, you guys are really heated.

Yeah, it's to be expected. Some people (all the haters ITT) are very ignorant of the world around them.

Not everybody plays the game for the same reasons. I LOVE 4s. It's not as easy as everybody makes it out to be.
Reply Quote

Normal masters is as easy as you make it out to be. Now get to high masters & see how you fare. And if it's so easy, why did you demote down?

Please don't use the classic "I only mess around" excuse. Some of my matches are just as intense as my actual laddering experience.

I demoted because it was an arranged team with other diamond players that I haven't been with since. And maybe you are right about high masters being much harder then low. But I stand by my statement that it's easier then 1v1 equivalent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]