Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Those experiencing this error, please send me the following information after you run the game and get this error again.
Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
Submitting your system files
2. Send the email to email@example.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.
Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
So I reviewed the logs and system information, but the only thing I was able to find is that the permissions for the file seem to be borked. I see this line being repeated:
So for other having this issue, try resetting the disk permissions and folder permissions and see if that helps.
Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
3. Select the First Aid option.
4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
Resetting permissions on the Starcraft II folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Hi, I'm having the same error, but i'm on a windows 7, do you think you could tell me the instructions to fix it on PC Macnkan? Thanks. I've deleted everything of SC2 on my computer and re-installed it via disk and once i get to download patch 1.4.4 and it gets to 100% it says looking for updates and then i get the error.
Edited by xXzergXx on 8/17/2012 7:07 PM PDT
I' not sure if this helps any but, when I downloaded WC3 Reign of Chaos and tried playing multiplayer it basically told me the same thing " there was an error writing to your hard drive while trying to download a file from Battle.net".The single player on WC3 RoC was fine. I also play WoW and i don't have any issues with this error.
Edited by xXzergXx on 8/17/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.