StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5 Slow Preformance

(Locked)

I recently updated to patch 1.5 and whenever I run SC2 it takes at least 2 minutes to even get to the loading screen before the log in screen where as before it would take just a few seconds to get to the point. Is there a way to fix this because I think that it is pretty unacceptable that it should take me that long to run starcraft before I am even click find match for a game? I am running a Macbook Pro 10.6 OSX
Support Forum Agent
We're looking into these issues. Thanks for the report. I'll try to post back when I find out more.
Ever since i downloaded the new patch the game is crazy slow, it lags and i cant micro, its losing its fun and this is not fair! this game was so tight now i can't even play it. I payed solid money for this and it was working fine before.... wtf
Same for me. Game ran just fine before, but post-patch it is pretty slow. When I try to micro a unit it lags for a quarter second or so.
I've been having the same problem.

It takes about a minute of black screen before the main loading screen with James Raynor shows up.

And there are periodic framerate hiccups even on the lowest graphics settings, frames will dip into the the low tens or even freeze entirely for several seconds.

Hardware
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E3680372
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays
Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3175
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

Software
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Eye_of_Doz
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 10:07
I have a reasonable PC with Windows 7, i5 proc, 12 Gb RAM and Nvidea GTX 285. The recommended settings for all graphics are "ultra" so the box is clearly game ready. SC II ran perfectly with previous patches but since 1.5 its very slow and not fun.

I have changed every setting to the lowest available and its still extremely slow frame rate, and way behind the action. Once in a while there is burst of speed, then it slows down again. All my other apps running fine - its the patch.

It's just not fun. Performance was NEVER an issue previously but now its barely playable, at least on this PC.
yesterday the new 1.5 patch was installed in my computer, and since then the game is very slow, even with the lowest graphics, but I think it's the patch because the game was running fine. There is one thing that makes me think about it: when the wizard was installing the new patch, it said that the game will reduce memory usage, maybe that is the problem. please, fix it!!. My mchine is an i7 2760QM @2.4 Ghz, with 16 GB of RAM, and a GTX580M with 64bit w7 home premium. Thanks!!
08/01/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Dave
Ever since i downloaded the new patch the game is crazy slow, it lags and i cant micro, its losing its fun and this is not fair! this game was so tight now i can't even play it. I payed solid money for this and it was working fine before.... wtf

Me too! It's horrible.
Mac client is running terrible, it was fine before this patch and now its impossible to play at the 13 FPS and really long loading screens.

Client before this patch was running smoothly at a minimum of 30 FPS!!!

plz fix
iwas not able to play because an error report occur during my gameplay using patch 1.5 it has something to do with icuuc4.dll thing and it crashes my game.any fix for this problem.javascript:;
same problem here. I'm on an iMac, and before this patch it ran perfectly on the lowest settings, now it takes about a minute of blackscreen to get to the loading screen, and when a match starts the game freezes for like the first 20 seconds and continues to have short lag spikes throughout the rest of the match. Its infuriating. Is it just the Mac client? or what?
Same here. I just did this update and now this game is almost unplayable for me. My computer is has not problems with any other game. I have changed the setting from low to ultra and the frame rates do no change. The frame rates stays in the low teens. plz do something about this. thanks
Edited by Melagot on 8/19/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Is this issue being looked at still? I am experiencing the same incredibly crippling slowdowns. Whether it be joining a chat room or even the game.
I'm a little disappointed that after a patch that is suppose to improve the graphics and gameplay that it has actually hurt the performance of the game. My computer which ran the game flawlessly on medium settings before, slows down to 0-2 frames per second after this new patch.
08/30/2012 10:30 AMPosted by ChesterShark
I'm a little disappointed that after a patch that is suppose to improve the graphics and gameplay that it has actually hurt the performance of the game. My computer which ran the game flawlessly on medium settings before, slows down to 0-2 frames per second after this new patch.

Same here. The game is completely ruined for me and installing bootcamp isn't an option. I payed for this game and I know it worked well in the past. I have no idea what blizzard has been doing, this has been the most epic failure of a patch I have ever seen in my 15 years of PC gaming.
Just wanted to add that I am starting to get tired of having to deal with performance issues ever since patch 1.5. My specs are:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB

Prior to 1.5, I could run the game on Ultra graphics with good FPS @ 1680x1050. Now, even on High graphics, the game stutters when there is any decent amount of units on the screen. I can also confirm the same behavior as the OP regarding startup. When loading the game, I see nothing but a black screen for several seconds. Then after I enter my password and log in, it takes another 5-10 seconds to "authenticate." Prior to updating to 1.5x, the game would load immediately to the Raynor screen, and logging in was instantaneous.

I have tried deleting caches etc and it does not work whatsoever. Please, Blizzard, get your act together.
I would recommend turning off graphics switching if you all haven't already. It's the first option under Energy Settings in the System Preferences. After turning that off I saw my fps double.
I just went to play starcraft 2 and its running like crap. I paid $60 bucks for this game and its running like crap. It was working fine before the patch downloaded. This sucks, this better get resolved soon otherwise there going to start losing players.
Edited by xxNoobKillax on 9/15/2012 2:42 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]