StarCraft® II

Right Clicking in Patch 1.5

I play on a laptop, so instead of using a mouse, I use the built in trackpad. Before patch 1.5, the way I right-clicked was by hitting "Command" and then clicking with the trackpad button. With 1.5, either the right clicking system with Command has been remapped or completely removed. I do not play with a mouse and have no intentions to, so I would like to know if there is a workaround to this issue.
Reply Quote
have you checked to see that OS keys arent disabled...?
Reply Quote
Yes, I disabled them, but there is still no difference.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I'll check this out. Thanks for the report.
Reply Quote
This is so incompetent. How could something as severe as this make it through the internal patch testing for 1.5?

Are you guys serious? You'll "check it out"? So basically those of us who RELY COMPLETELY on Command+Click in order to PLAY THE GAME simply don't get to play anymore, until some day (maybe a week or two) you guys figure it out --- if ever, given that Mac laptop users who use Command+Click are the vast minority of players.

Whatever. Failed with D3, probably going to begin failing with the SC series as well for Mac laptop users.

(I won't even start on poor game performance using hardware WELL within the listing requirements)
Edited by siXTyNiNe on 7/31/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue, after having to load up Starcraft three times for the patch to finally go through I let it optimize and made sure it was 100% playable. Loaded it up and tried a few games, first played some arcade games and thats when I noticed my command+click was not working. I tried a 1v1 vs AI to re-confirm and still having the issue of not able to right click with the laptop.

I don't have a mouse either so an update or fix on it would be greatly appreciated :)
Reply Quote
I just updated to 10.7.4 and now SC2 won't even open. How was this patch in beta for more than a month but nothing was done to accomodate for Mac users?
Reply Quote
If you guys have multitouch keyboards, have you considered turning on two-finger clicking for secondary click in the system prefs?
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Tired
If you guys have multitouch keyboards, have you considered turning on two-finger clicking for secondary click in the system prefs?

It does work, but it is horrifically impractical for actually playing, at least for me. It may be a matter of preference, but I can't use that setting in a ladder match.
Reply Quote
I am having the same problem, also on a Mac laptop, and I agree that this is a severe issue that will probably keep me from playing until it is fixed: it will be too much hassle for too little fun without the ease of right-clicking. I urge Blizzard to take the problem seriously and am happy to see a quick response from Machkhan. I hope a solution is implemented as quickly.
Reply Quote
1.5 added a toggle that switches Command and Control keys, and left it active by default. If you look under Gameplay (I believe it was Gameplay, anyway) you can fix it.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Ramenth
1.5 added a toggle that switches Command and Control keys, and left it active by default. If you look under Gameplay (I believe it was Gameplay, anyway) you can fix it.

Control clicking didn't work for me either, so I don't think that this is my problem. Also, my client doesn't work.
Reply Quote
Same problem. Command clicking doesn't work.
Reply Quote
So I am taking all these replies as no one has found a fix for it yet?
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Minnow
So I am taking all these replies as no one has found a fix for it yet?

There is no fix. In Diablo 3, in a recent patch, the same thing happened. However, in the D3 options menu, there is this:

"[Check Box] Enable Command+Click for right clicking"

In SC2 there is no such option. These guys derped hard on their patch. They didn't even test on Mac laptops, period, or this would have been immediately apparent.

Derp.
Reply Quote
Mac Laptop same issue...
Reply Quote
After logging in today, I also am experiencing this.

However I have an iMac with a one button magic mouse. Was never a problem before but now I am unable to "command click" within the game, making it unplayable frankly. The options in-game do not provide a solution.
Reply Quote
This issue surprised me as I started up a game with some friends today. Not a great feeling. Spent most of the game looking through the options and toggling things, nothing seems to work.

07/31/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Ramenth

This doesn't work. I don't know why you posted as though you had gotten it to work.
Reply Quote
Same problem for me as well. I use a MacBook and without the control click, I can't play StarCraft II 1.5.0
Reply Quote
yup i have a mac and same issue here. Blizzard can you please fix this!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]