StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5 stating Not Enough Harddrive Space

I went through the motions of having the new patch installed, and then when the Blizzard Launcher came up it said that I didn't have enough hard drive space to install the patch. I have 4.8GB of space available on my computer at present... do I have to buy a new hard drive to play the game again?

EDIT:

Sorry, the "optimization" is the bit that's giving me this message. "There is insufficient space on your hard drive. Please clear some space or select a different drive and try again."

2ND EDIT:

I found a thread in the other technical support forums stating that SC2 requires like 8 gigs to optimize, and another 8 for the program itself. I guess I'm screwed, then, unless the required space is lower for a Mac. (still running Snow Leopard)
Edited by CapnAmerica on 7/31/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have this same issue (also had it with Diablo 3, never found a fix)...I have hundreds of gb free space and it still gives the error. Not an unheard of issue with blizzard installs...
Reply Quote
An option would be to fully uninstall SC2 and then reinstall. As I understand it, Optimization is an update thing, not a necessary thing.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the report on this. We're aware of this and are looking into this.

For now, you can uninstall SC2 and reinstall it from the web installer. It will download some small data and then process the update, thus not requiring the additional space.
Reply Quote
Where is the web installer? i don't have my CD :(
Reply Quote
go to your program files SC2 folder (or wherever you installed it). In the main folder there should be two patch files that have the "1.5.xxxx" in it. Delete those files and try again. It worked for me.

EDIT: The name format for those files is sc2-x.x.x.x.1.5 etc...
Edited by Smob on 7/31/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was having the same prob but this is how i fixed it.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232373506?page=1#6
Reply Quote
I'm trying all the methods mentioned here...Uninstall/Reinstall did not help. Perhaps I should mention I have my hard drive partitioned in two pieces...one for the os/installed programs, the other for my documents/user content (which includes the sc2 user folder).
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
07/31/2012 02:11 PMPosted by MONEYBAGSBEN
Where is the web installer? i don't have my CD :(

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232373597#9
Reply Quote
i have 9.4 gb left on my hard drive, and it still will not download properly. any suggestions?
Reply Quote
._.

http://imgur.com/LNe0L

For now, you can uninstall SC2 and reinstall it from the web installer. It will download some small data and then process the update, thus not requiring the additional space.

See you tomorrow morning. :P

EDIT: http://imgur.com/Ko3rA

lol. See you in two days.

2nD EDIT as of 1:15 PM EST August 1, 2012:

2.19 GB of 6.99 GB downloaded. "About 16 hours" to go. TT

3RD Edit:

9:40 PM EST, August 1, 2012:

The downloader crashed. I'm sitting at 2.47GB of 6.99GB now...
Edited by CapnAmerica on 8/1/2012 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Update: tried most of the hard drive fixes in this thread and this post http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232373506?page=1#6

Still getting hard drive space error. Has anyone else had any success with this???
Reply Quote
ive gotten around it kind of i took 10gb worth of data through movies/music/other games onto a portable hard drive thus freeing up 10gb of space relaunched the launcer and then it worked i think it is moving files around or something thats why it needs more space.

PS: it only worked once i had 14.4gb of space free
Reply Quote
Update: Tried installing again on my other partition with ~500GB free space: SAME ERROR. Seriously?
Reply Quote
The downloader has crashed on me twice, and I was getting download rates topping out at 80 kb/s on a connection that I KNOW is better. What should I do?
Reply Quote
For anyone else who gets the hard drive space error BEFORE they even get the Optimization prompt (e.g. your setup files loader loops for hours only to give the BLZPTS00009 error), I tried this from the D3 forums who were having the same error and it got me past it:

Then run this one as admin. Also:

Go to start menu. Type in "Services" without " ". Click it.

Scroll down to "Secondary Logon" and right click -> properties. Then set it to automatic startup. click apply. then click start. and close. Now try the installer again.

gl
Reply Quote
For anyone else who gets the hard drive space error BEFORE they even get the Optimization prompt (e.g. your setup files loader loops for hours only to give the BLZPTS00009 error), I tried this from the D3 forums who were having the same error and it got me past it:

Then run this one as admin. Also:

Go to start menu. Type in "Services" without " ". Click it.

Scroll down to "Secondary Logon" and right click -> properties. Then set it to automatic startup. click apply. then click start. and close. Now try the installer again.

gl

Well, this advice won't be very useful to all the Mac users you're dealing with here. :P
Reply Quote
oh sorry wrong thread :(
Reply Quote

Alright, I finally accomplished this. The client displayed "Contacting Patch Server" and then asked me to optimize my client and told me I didn't have enough drive space.

T_T

Any way around this issue?
Reply Quote
Why is the currently downloadable version of the game not optimized? Or is it specific to each computer's OS, etc.? Just curious to know, as I cannot play the game without a new hard drive if this isn't going to change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]