StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5.0 Update

Community Manager
Hey Folks,

As many of you may be aware, today was the launch of patch 1.5.0 for StarCraft II. We would like to summarize some of the current issues we have identified with the patch and keep you up to date on our progress finding appropriate solutions.

1.) Viewing certain players’ profiles was causing the client to crash. We have released a temporary fix that allows these profiles to load without crashing, but some ladder related data may not appear. The ladder data is not lost; it is just not being displayed while we work on a long term fix for the issue.
    UPDATE 8/2/2012: Fixed

2.) Searching for maps in the Arcade can sometimes not return any results.
    UPDATE 8/2/2012: Search is working now, but still needs some tweaking.

3.) Some games appearing in the “Join Game” list of the “Custom Games” menu on the StarCraft II side of the client will cause that game to be played using an older balance. As a temporary work around please start lobbies from the “Create Game” page.
    UPDATE 8/2/2012: In process of applying a hotfix.

4.) We are getting some early reports that a few people cannot publish their games.
    UPDATE 8/2/2012: Fixed.

We are rapidly working to solve the issues listed above. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you experience any other problems with the patch over in the Technical Support and Bug Report forums. For a full list of known issues please see this thread in the Bug Report forum.

We look forward to seeing you in-game!
Edited by Cloaken on 8/2/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
O.O a green post!
Thanks for the update Blizzard!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.
Reply Quote
There. That should be enough for the people complaining that blizzard is doing nothing.
Reply Quote
Thank you for the update, but is blizzard going to do anything about the rediculous new fog of war? It has ruined the look of SC2 in game so bad! It was awesome before, but now it looks silly and is annoying to play with.
Reply Quote
after i dl'ed the patch a new patch window came up telling me i that it is optimizing my file. it's stuck at 0% and won't budge. i don't know what to do.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Nolen
after i dl'ed the patch a new patch window came up telling me i that it is optimizing my file. it's stuck at 0% and won't budge. i don't know what to do.

It stays here for a while. Just leave it be. It doesn't take a terribly long time but it does stay there for a bit.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.

What about the random balance issues, such as Flux Vanes crashing my 1v1 party on ladder?
Reply Quote
My game is currently updated, although I have a registered Korean client and a registered NA client, it seems it's updated my NA version to KR for some reason, and I'm unable to log on to both versions currently...? Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
I don't see any mention about the problem for Macbook 10.5.8 users....
Reply Quote
Hey Folks,

As many of you may be aware, today was the launch of patch 1.5.0 for StarCraft II. We would like to summarize some of the current issues we have identified with the patch and keep you up to date on our progress finding appropriate solutions.

SIR,

You missed the biggest issue:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6232273706?page=1

The entire profile is now displaying worthless information.

The information that top players rely on is no longer visible at a quick glance.

There have been 12 threads about this topic in the last 3 hours alone, yet this issue does not make your radar?

Go read the thread I linked to see the impact it has on high end play.
Reply Quote
I couldn't agree with nFusion more... What happened to the actual profile summary? Blizz just forgot to include it?

It's so frustrating to spend 3 extra clicks just to find out someones actual rank or total wins in each category like before..

Fix this please !
Reply Quote
On my profile page, it says my current league is Platinum, however, I am a top silver player. Why does it say "current league" is platinum? When i look into my career history it'll say current is silver.

This also happened to my friend who is silver and on the "current league" in the quick look profile it says gold.

Anyone know anything about this?
Reply Quote
Revert the patch you morons, fix these problems in private. None of us want to be your guinea pigs.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Grey
Revert the patch you morons, fix these problems in private. None of us want to be your guinea pigs.

How they release something that does not work is the real question here. Seriously, how does that happen? It's like nobody does their job at Blizzard.
Edited by Entolophant on 7/31/2012 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This patch is lacking the graphics compared to the last start screen. are you dumbing it down for faster 3d refresh rates.?.. or can i get exited for the new expansion? Also, there should be a sleeper on the graphics card so it doesnt run all of the time if your computer still has sc2 on in the background for long periods of time. And Maybe create a rotaing video through space on front and then 2 more rotating movies, so there is a new screen everytime you open it. lol
:)D
Reply Quote
How can you release a patch that's so broken, unfinished, and so much less user friendly than before?
Reply Quote
Seiously Blizzard, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Grey

Would you rather them close down the game completely? They are hard working people, have some patience and these problems will get fixed. I wouldn't want to work harder with such manners as this being posted.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Zoran

Would you rather them close down the game completely? They are hard working people, have some patience and these problems will get fixed. I wouldn't want to work harder with such manners as this being posted.

yes that makes more sense. shut down the game, upload the patch, TEST THE PATCH (which they clearly do not do), and if it works great, if not revert back. seems simple right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]