StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5.0 Update

The graphics are now horrible, half of the units glitch or have very poor animations now; the menu's are basically more complicated than before, and for trying to make more information available, it is now less navigable because of all the useless information all over the screen - most of which is incorrect. Just a very, very poor update.
Reply Quote
We'd like race specific channels back. Being able to have one for everyone is cool, but it seems most of us in them would like our own race to have channels too. We can't even make one called Terran Strategy or any race for that matter.
Reply Quote
Sorry, but is there an ETA for when the patch will be repatched? I'm stuck on the "updating setup files" screen and it's rather frustrating
Reply Quote
Hey blizzard just thought I would give you a heads up on another error, im getting a failed to launch error just after finished the patch, it says try to run in admin ( I did ) and shut off all anti virus software ( i did ). Any help would be nice, im not a top rank player but i practice ladder daily and this could affect my skills so please fix this ASAP.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Kane
So, I have reached a full hour. At what point do i close it and start again? I know it says not to, but I'm not even sure its working.

close it, deactivate your firewall, and search in the SC2 folder "sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.exe" run that, and that'll do, it happened to me and this is what i did to fix it, i hope it helps
Reply Quote
omg the profiles are so awful please just change them back to how they were
Reply Quote
when I tried to log onto bnet it says bnet is temporary down/ no internet detected. anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote
um I've been stuck at 44 percent for like 20 min now.... should i restart it?
Reply Quote
yeah same prob !
Reply Quote
lets cry together T-T. so tempting to restart the entire thing
Reply Quote
I hope you're getting the feedback that your patch is !@#$.
Reply Quote
The Launcher is optimizing your StarCraft II install. This is a process we run from time to time to improve game performance and reduce the size of the install on your hard drive.

by requiring 16g.
Reply Quote
I have the same problem, it says I need to download the appropiate language pack, why? Where to download it?

Este parche no funciona, uso Mac y no puedo jugar en latinoamerica, mi región(México).
Reply Quote
The new UI is amazing design wise (no issue with adding more stats, but keep the new design). Dislike for it is probably a kneejerk reaction to change. Nobody likes being told this, so many will disagree, but I stand by this statement.
Reply Quote
So there are many things in this update I do like, but one thing I am not happy about is the new profiles. Someone made a post on reddit that's pretty applicable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xgvvq/i_like_most_of_the_patch_changes_but_why_make/

Please consider giving us the old profiles back or at least a tab that would open the classic profiles.

Thank you,
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Zetadar
So, I have reached a full hour. At what point do i close it and start again? I know it says not to, but I'm not even sure its working.

close it, deactivate your firewall, and search in the SC2 folder "sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.exe" run that, and that'll do, it happened to me and this is what i did to fix it, i hope it helps

It just started downloading. I'm at 2%. hopefully it works! thanks for the help.
Edited by Kane on 7/31/2012 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Purchased full version today, get blue screen everytime i launch the game. Anyone else get this problem? Worked fine a couple months ago and there hasn't been any software or hardware changes to my computer since excpet a PSU which I doubt is causing this.
Reply Quote
I appreciate the update, but the patch still sucks. Majorly.

So many unnecessary changes.

- Fog of war change. IIRC I never read that you guys were changing this. What a surprise.
- Upgrading some 'low' graphics. Seriously, why?
- Career League Win removal. I thought removing losses was bad enough but I grew a pair... now I can't even see my own wins?
- Can't publish melee maps. Depending on how long this takes to fix, you may never see another melee map from me again. Mark my words.
- Putting 10.6.8 mac users on the ropes. Welp, once 10.8 is released, say goodbye to me forever, a longtime fan since WC1: Orcs and Humans. I see no reason why you can't keep the graphics and minimum requirements the same, but instead you want to screw over your mac player base. I have trusted and adored blizzard for their mac support, and you are seriously blowing it to pieces now. My time here is short.

I earnestly hope you guys revert it back the way it was, but I think we as a player base know that just won't happen no matter how much we ask you to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]