StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5.0 Update

The patch was wierd. I dont intend to use arcade at all as i mostly do pvp multiayer or campaign. The patch seems very non-pvp non-esports oriented.

I want some balance/game play enhancements. This ui stuff does nothing good for me.
Reply Quote
08/01/2012 07:29 AMPosted by melanoma
Please get rid of the fog of war and the "graphics improvements".. the game looks like sh*t on low and damn near everyone has witnessed a massive fps drop even with very impressive machines

I'm getting far better fps on a very low end machine... and all lowest settings look a lot better now. Except for the FoW, it looks terrible now.
Reply Quote
[quote]
The rest of the people in this thread: the patch has been out for about half a day's worth of hours. Cut Blizz some slack to work on the problems a little at a time. Be more respectful in your criticism. Being douches won't help your voice being heard.

cut slack? the patch has been in beta for a LONG time. Plus, it's so bad that many people can't EVEN PATCH it or LOG IN THE ACTUAL GAME. There is not slack to be cut here. They had time to make a good patch, they have resources. It's just either laziness or incompetence.
Edited by SackPatrol on 8/1/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't know if this is a problem with other people but when I attempt to communicate with friends the game crashes, I haven't tried playing games or anything else yet either but so far I've been crashing with that.
Reply Quote
The Launcher is optimizing your StarCraft II install. This is a process we run from time to time to improve game performance and reduce the size of the install on your hard drive.

by requiring 16g.

It requires 16 gigs of memory as a backup memory dump. The patch itself it 16 gigs, but once it has finished downloading, it optimizes itself down to 8.3 gigs.

I hope that answers your question.
Reply Quote
How about some of us are unable to download it....and when we do its corrupt, missing files, crashing, this is RUSHED OUT and needs to be reverted, some but kicking needs to be done, some programers need to be hired, then release a working update, utter crap.
Reply Quote
Blizzard everything is great except some loading issues which i know you will get resolved.

The only complaint i have is under our profile. On the right side it says how many times we have achieved our highest rank. I wish that side of our profile was a small version of our old profile where it would show the 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 stats. It doesnt need to show how many games we have played this season, ut just our current rank for the season.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Things that bother me:

Loss of data on the Profile page. We want more data, not less.

Changing the tried and true mini-map ping method for no reason.

The fog of war looking strangely sharp and choppy.

Creep on minimap now a faded pink?

All 'dem bugs.
Reply Quote
08/01/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Doncroft
This is I think a preparation for HOTS. Notice how creep is exactly like that in the HOTS alpha Battle Reports.
Reply Quote
I'm going to re install my starcraft. should i install the arcade beta thing or starcraft itself.
I was trying to download the original sc2 and it said "grats. you broke it." any ideas there?
Reply Quote
Just some views on the patch:

New UI is wonky. Not precisely bad just will take some time getting used to.

Fog of war seems to load in chunks instead of smoothly as units move. Otherwise looks more realistic.

Patch loaded fine, took ~30mins total.

I am getting lag that I never had before. Usually I could play anywhere from low graphics to mid-high and be fine. Now even on low I get lag spikes.

I like the new minimap look for the towers. It now doesn't hide units stationed next to them.

Game load time hasn't changed but there was massive loading spikes after I played a game.

The profile page does seem to be missing information. Would also like to see games played/won per each race if that's possible.
Edited by MkVI on 8/1/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't been having any graphics problems or framerate issues--in fact, for me the game has been running better than ever before, and looking better as well.

I miss having my career win count, it seems to be completely gone now. Like everyone else, I would prefer my profile page to have too many statistics, vs not enough.

The arcade section seems way, way better than before. I played a few arcade games yesterday, and had a good time. I almost exclusively play 1v1, I feel like this patch will legitimately get me to try customs more.

The Starcraft section could be better though, for sure. Quick match almost seems hidden, until you use the F1-5 quick keys. I would enjoy being able to save a certain page as my default, IE. I set the quick match page to default, so when I log in it goes directly there.
Reply Quote
Lots of people are getting the Error code: BLZPTS00007, including me. i can know longer play starcraft, i payed good money and put in good time. This is sort of ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Loss of data on the Profile page. We want more data, not less.

This is actually a worrying trend. Rather than Blizzard empowering us, they've been giving us less and less to work with.

Changing the tried and true mini-map ping method for no reason.

Couldn't tell because me "g" key is broken :P

The fog of war looking strangely sharp and choppy.

I think this was on purpose, and we saw it in the HotS beta during mlg.

08/01/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Doncroft

I like it better. It's a bit harder to see the creep on the minimap, but a lot easier to see what's going on through the minimap.
Reply Quote
Why do you own a mac? Let alone use it for PC games... lol
Reply Quote
It must be a bug or something but StarCraft Master is not showing in the list of Arcade.
Reply Quote
Lots of people are getting the Error code: BLZPTS00007, including me. i can know longer play starcraft, i payed good money and put in good time. This is sort of ridiculous
Reply Quote
im having problems, the optimizer does not load, it stays at a 0% on about the fourth try it went to 3% in which popped up an error message saying that the update agent was not working, any help would be appreicated.
thanks!

im on windows7 and i have an Hp Elite book 6930p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]