StarCraft® II

Cortex Roleplay

Seeing as I could not find any forum posts involving Cortex Roleplay (except for ones asking how to make one) I decided to make one of my own. I will happily take this down if one of the makers asks me to. This is just a forum where people can share experiences, give ideas, and discuss parts of roleplay (or whatever they choose to do). Have fun (maybe?)!
SUGGESTION(S)
Tutorial - With the new Arcade patch out I think Cortex could do well with a tutorial. It would teach commands, give examples of roleplay, and (maybe) show how to properly do text-fighting. It would also tell the player what is considered trolling and what isn't (Since it seems like every new person I teach the @spawn command decides to spawn 100 odins.)
(EMPTY AS OF RIGHT NOW)
DISCUSS
What do you prefer? Text Fighting, or SC2 Fighting?
Reply Quote
I prefer the SC2 fighting for Cortex. It's what I did in my past few games. I had a really fun time where one guy made a zerg farm. Sadly we can't have epic moments because of the patch. Cortex is broken now.
Reply Quote
I really enjoy doing cortex from time to time.

But i am finding it difficult since all the rolpelay maps are broken atm :C
Reply Quote
Don't know if anybody will read this, but I heard Motive (TheBlackMage) AKA (The guy who made the engine) Is working on a new engine to alleviate the burdens of this patch.
Reply Quote
1. Red it would not be a new engine, it would be a patch to the existing one.

2. It would be up to each map maker to edit the tutorial section, when cortex gets fixed I plan to use it for my maps at the least, I tried making a trigger library for it before but they kept dieing when imported to maps.

Note - The mappers and coders I have talked to think it has to do with how blizzard now pre loads some of the things rather than doing it at map start due to the fact that NOTHING activates on it when you start a game. This likely (in my opinion) puts the problem somewhere in the trigger library that you already had to import to the maps. I am thinking myself its somewhere in the "Include Cortex/Cortex" trigger but I cannot mess around in the editor at this time and I am bad at code and triggers so what the hell do I know.
Edited by FeuerSturm on 8/1/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
https://www.cortexrp.com/forums/index.php

Also this is the cortex roleplay forum official site, have fun.
Reply Quote
I do quite enjoy Cortex. I'm one of those hardcore role-players who have infinate backstory for every character, a thousand aliases and can text fight like a pro. Probably the thing I hate the most would be irresponsible hosts... Aside from when Blizzard screws everything up.

Damnit Blizzard! Why'd you have to go a screw up Cortex!?

Hope it gets patched soon
Reply Quote
https://www.cortexrp.com/forums/index.php

Also this is the cortex roleplay forum official site, have fun.

Ah, I should have looked up an official site. Thanks for the info. I suppose I'll keep this thread up anyways.
Reply Quote
I'd have to go for text fighting, even though SC2 fighting can be fun, it is so easy to rig your units.

I did not expect this forum to get any people looking at it, thanks to everyone who's posting :P.
Reply Quote
If you wanted to do text RPs, Joeyray's Bar on the forums is basically where most of that goes on. Plus, it's nearly entirely troll free.
Edited by Owlfeathers on 8/2/2012 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Text RPs are okay, I prefer to have something visual to go along with it, even if it is just a picture or something like that, since it is easy to mess everything up just from missing a few words.
Reply Quote
Text fighting, in my small opinion, is vastly superior to unit combat. Text-based combat, or any interaction for that matter, allows another character to reply, and add a bit of character to it. Simple fighting with units lets the guy would can hit the "nine" button on the damage command more win.
Reply Quote
Cortex Roleplay maps are easily the best games ive EVER played. I text-battle due to the fact it allowes me to keep my characters from getting their butts kicked. I honestly think Blizzard should Hire the guy who made Cortex. I mean honestly. Cortex easily beats everything Blizzard has made so far in my humble opinion. I just wish the patch hadent broke Cortex. I have so many maps I wanna play right now. Oh and if someone would post all the script commands and what they do for me id be much obliged. (like < / n > for next line and < s > for small script)
Reply Quote
Burthstone as of now their is functional cortex maps by at least 5 authors. The problem is that many of the older maps are unable to be updated with a fixed cortex.

Current map authors with fixed maps:
Thrikodias
TheLostAzn
Shefford
TauToa
FeuerSturm
(May be more that I don't know.)
Reply Quote
have you heard or the new units on cortex roleplay they are awesome :) so cool
Reply Quote
terran the lnyx,grizzly,adjaunt now zerg hulk and scorplisk protoss slasher
Reply Quote
I believe the community of this game is its ultimate downfall. This game will be gone by the next expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]