StarCraft® II

Cutscene Editor Guide

Community Manager
One of the newest features added in patch 1.5 is our custom Cutscene Editor. With this feature a developer can create scripted visual sequences that range all the way from a polished cinematic moment found in StarCraft II’s Story Mode, to a small one-off event in support of your map’s dramatic goals.

For more info on the Cutscene Editor please check out our full tutorial located here and join in on the conversation with other developers on our “Custom Maps” forum.
Edited by Nethaera on 7/31/2012 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It seems there is a bug in this tutorial...

It says (Page 24 - Render to Texture) you can use RTT(Render to Texture) feathure by turn on "CAMPAIGN MODE" RENDERING with the trigger "ENABLE STORY MODE". But in fact, this trigger is blizz-only(i.e. cannot be used by mod makers) .

So you actually cannot use the Render To Texture feature in your sc2 map if you are not a blizzard official map maker. This is a issue in the cutscene moudel since the release of the arcade beta.

I think it is either a bug in the editor or a bug in this tutorial...

The whole tutorial is indeed very good though :) Good work!
Edited by Renee on 8/1/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
might have to check this out. or i could spend more time in maya and zbrush trying to make something look like it came out of one of your pre rendered cut scenes. that'll be the day.
Reply Quote
BTW, mappers, STRAIGHTEN YOUR LIFE UP... as well as your diet... and you will make GREAT MAPS... in SHORT TIME!

FOR A bad mind comes from a bad gut... of bad food. If you wish to get ahead, believe me! There's Halloween every year. I'm not syaing that's bad, but it "tells" you something ALWAYS.

If you want to get ahead, eat better... but most of all, YOU are the one who gets more organized. Yes, some people's brains are !@#$ED UP, but the reality of life is hell: TRY LIKE HELL. I DO support you, as I am sad I don't have a good computer and I am not able to be successful in my research for a well-developed mind.

From me to your understandings! :D
Reply Quote
MORE POWER L GOOD
Reply Quote
G TOO BE A BETTER GAME W RULES I SAY YES
Reply Quote
BETTER <<<ACE>>>
Reply Quote
I was able to connect but after i put my password it said "I need to authorized language pack from Blizzard Entertainment to us this language" how do i do that.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It seems there is a bug in this tutorial...

It says (Page 24 - Render to Texture) you can use RTT(Render to Texture) feathure by turn on "CAMPAIGN MODE" RENDERING with the trigger "ENABLE STORY MODE". But in fact, this trigger is blizz-only(i.e. cannot be used by mod makers) .

So you actually cannot use the Render To Texture feature in your sc2 map if you are not a blizzard official map maker. This is a issue in the cutscene moudel since the release of the arcade beta.

I think it is either a bug in the editor or a bug in this tutorial...

We'll take a look at this and get back to you!
Reply Quote
Why would they include a trigger that no one can use inside the editor? I am confused. How many such triggers are present within the editor?
Edited by Alexander on 7/31/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm curious about one thing. Can you change the decals on the units in the Cutscence Editor? You can change their color, but why not their decals?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We'll take a look at this and get back to you!

The guide has been updated to reflect the proper user experience.
Edited by Cloaken on 8/16/2012 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
d
Edited by Sinthrill on 1/31/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
there is a crashing thats recurring in the editor
everytime so far its been using the function ctrl + z to undo something dont know yet a specific issue but you guys try to find it as well ;) jsut a head sup i have a forum on misclennous about the crashes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]