StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5 stuck at updating setup files

(Locked)

Hello guys... I see that the latest patch has been full of difficulties especially for Mac users. Well, since playing as a guest is kinda out of the option for me, and I'm unable to connect to either the US or SEA servers, I decided to try and patch too.

So I got past the first stage where the tools patch was downloaded. Then I had to enter my administrator password, and then I was told that the setup files were being updated. It ran along fine, then paused somewhere along the 75% mark and never went on.

I tried deleting all the related files, the Agent folder, and restarted the process. It will always stay stuck at this step, at varying percentages.

Is there a solution?
im having the same problem but at 22% it cancels on its own
mine froze up at on the optimizer, 15% downloaded. Closed that, now can not get it to resume, opening starcraft just sits on "launcher connecting to patch server"
Hi BLZ Support,

I know you guys are busy as of now, but I would greatly appreciate your help. As of now, whenever I run the patch, I am always stuck at 0% "Reconfiguring files". After N minutes later, it says "unable to initialize streaming". I've been relaunching/reinstalling a couple of times and yet this problem prevails. This is really frustrating. Please help.
yeah same here except mine freezes around the 50-60% mark D:
For mac users with the new patch it will only work with 10.6.8 or better anything less and your out of luck. This is the old bait and switch. The game was advertised to work with a minimum requirement os. Now that requirement has changed at the whim of the product producers. They have no legal disclaimer to protect them from what was stated on the box. They have to honor there agreement with the customer at the time of purchase. This is a clear cut case of fraud and a class action suit should ensue. For the time being just ask for a refund, that's what i did. As for starcraft if you like upgrade your os and continue to play. But be warned when a company gets in the habit of forcing things onto there customers that are not in the contract it's hard to stop. Next month you may have to upgrade your graphics card to meet there requirements. So my advice is to get out now and maybe leave with a little coin in your pocket. The most probable out come is they will not issue a refund but ask for one anyway. This way when the lawsuit is won you will receive compensation for the purchase price of the game.

Sincerely: A NYC corporate lawyer

P.S. You must ask for a refund if you expect to be compensated . On the other hand this
does not bar you from upgrading to a new os and continuing to play starcraft. Get paid
and continue to play starcraft got to love it.
you must be running 10.6.8 or later, i downloaded the update for free from the mac website
i am having this problem with PC- trying to reinstall
Support Forum Agent
For PC users, please post in the Technical Support (Windows) forum: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/13438/
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]