StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5 produces tremendous amounts of lag

(Locked)

After installing the new 1.5 patch for Starcraft 2, the game lags a ton in-game. It often lags for 1 to 3 seconds every 20 to 30 seconds or so, and then produces an enormous amount of lag in medium to large battles, making the game impossible to play. I have tried both extreme and low graphics settings to no avail. System specifications:

Intel core i7 930x
6gb DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 570
1Tb HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate N

My internet is not the issue. I typically get 15Mbps download and 3.5Mbps upload. The game has worked perfectly fine prior to installing the 1.5 patch. Thank you for your help.
I'm having the same issue here.

Intel Core i7 2600K
16GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD6970
2TB HDD
Windows 7 Professional
I've also started to get ridiculous lag after 1.5, it was perfectly fine before.
The game is completely unplayable after the patch 1.5, It basic lagged 2 sec every 20 sec and in big battle the screen freezes for 3-4 sec FPS lag. I am playing perfectly fine before patch with no lag. I am really disappointed in this patch.
same here, before the patch, i was able to play without much lag and now it s intolerable. i think it s because it s constantly streaming - i hope i m wrong but i love this game, hope it gets fixed really soon.
From release until now I've never had any stuttering lag.

Now its unplayable.
It seems my graphics are higher then before even at maximum low on every settings.... I'm also experiencing a lot of lag.
Me too. Can not play aos at all, even on lowest settings.
This is actually really comforting to know that so many people are experiencing the exact same issue-- hopefully this will pressure Blizzard to get this fixed sooner.
I just tried a reinstall. There's no lag when I play against the AI, but when I play a ladder match it goes back to the typical lag that I described before, making the game unplayable. I wish Blizzard would reply to this. This is in the support forum.
Just wanted to mention what I did, I also got a lot of FPS drop and stuttering with the patch but it looks like this only happens on full screen, try to run the game on windowed mode (regular window, not window-fullscreen). The window's edge is a bit annoying but you can hide the start menu bar, and make sure you enable the mouse-lock option so it doesn't go out and you can scroll up and down. It improved the game's performance a lot on my end at least.

I still can't see the fog of war though..
Edited by Del on 8/2/2012 7:52 AM PDT
I'm also experiencing 1-2 second delay/lag/stutter in ladder games. This is a huge deal as micro in battle is basically impossible. Forget about blink stalker micro- they are dead before they even receive the blink command. I've experimented with all kinds of graphics settings. I'm running in Windowed mode (fullscreen). Setting everything to low seems to have improved it, but I was able to play this game on ultra/extreme settings before the 1.5 patch.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216 (1 GB video memory)
8 GB Ram
Samsung 830 120 GB SSD
Win7 Pro

Comcast cable internet is consistently getting 20+Mb/s down and 4+Mb/s up with 18ms ping 1ms jitter.
Edited by Damage on 8/2/2012 10:33 AM PDT
I tried window mode, no luck. Same issue.
i submitted a ticket for that and i got an answer so ill share it with u

Please make sure you've updated your network card drivers directly from your computer manufacturer's website. We have a listing of hardware manufacturers along with links to their websites located here http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21124. If you need more help in locating drivers for your hardware or finding the settings listed, please contact the hardware manufacturer or a qualified technician.

Network Card Settings:

Once your network card drivers have been updated, please see if you have the options in your Network Card properties listed below. If these options are available, please follow the instructions below:

* Checksum/Offloading/Flow Control:
We have had reports that this has caused connection issues. To turn the checksum offloading off go to start > control panel > click network connections > right click on your active network connection profile and select properties > then click the configure button at the top > anything listed as 'CHECKSUM' 'OFFLOADING' or 'FLOW CONTROL' (if listed) should be changed to 'DISABLED'. This will disconnect you from the internet for a brief moment. You should automatically reconnect, if not restart your machine.

* Speed/Duplex:
Please try changing the Speed/Duplex to Force 100 Full Duplex. This has shown to fix these types of issues as well. To do this, go into your computer properties, and then into your device manager. Locate your network card, and go into the properties for it. Click on the advanced tab, and you should see a list of items. One of them should be Speed/duplex settings. Change this to Force base 100 Full duplex. If you have an older router or hub you may need to use base 10 full duplex.

* Power management tab:
If you have a power management tab in your network card properties, click it and unselect the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" if selected.

Here are some additional suggestions to improve network performance:

* If you access the internet through an external broadband modem, be sure you have the latest firmware and drivers available for your modem. If you are unsure, please contact your internet service provider for assistance.
* If your computer connects to the modem via USB, be sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard or your USB PCI card.
* If your computer connects to the modem via Ethernet, be sure that your network card has the latest drivers installed.
I am also having this issue.
08/02/2012 10:37 AMPosted by PrimeCooK
i submitted a ticket for that and i got an answer so ill share it with u

That's a bunch of bull!@#$. It has nothing to do with the network, and I submitted a support ticket this morning specifically stating that. I hope I get a more useful reply... It's clearly an issue on their end, not anyone else's. It's not like my network just decided to crap out along with everyone else's after downloading patch 1.5.
Support Forum Agent
After installing the new 1.5 patch for Starcraft 2, the game lags a ton in-game. It often lags for 1 to 3 seconds every 20 to 30 seconds or so, and then produces an enormous amount of lag in medium to large battles, making the game impossible to play. I have tried both extreme and low graphics settings to no avail. System specifications:

Intel core i7 930x
6gb DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTX 570
1Tb HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate N

There's no lag when I play against the AI, but when I play a ladder match it goes back to the typical lag

Technology, could we get some more info, so we can track this down?

• Wired or wireless
  • Firewall software
  • Antivirus software
  • Internet Security software
  • Network card model
  • Router model
  • Modem model
  • Location (City, St)
  • ISP

A trace route will help too. Thanks!!
Realtek updated it's drivers yesterday smart one.
You can have my info:

• Wired
  • Windows Firewall
  • Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Realtek 8111C (10/100/1000 Mbit)
  • Netgear WNR3500L
  • Motorola Surfboard SB5100
  • Normal, IL
  • Comcast

Tracing route to 12.129.202.154 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 227 ms 26 ms 216 ms 24.12.102.1
3 98 ms 95 ms 84 ms te-9-5-ur02.normal.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.85.179.45]
4 139 ms 152 ms 159 ms ge-1-48-ur03.lyndon.mi.michigan.comcast.net [68.86.189.209]
5 185 ms 186 ms 31 ms pos-3-12-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.233]
6 193 ms 202 ms 222 ms pos-1-4-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.162]
7 197 ms 208 ms 42 ms 192.205.37.21
8 288 ms 228 ms 290 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.133.106]
9 166 ms 233 ms 269 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
10 294 ms 250 ms 279 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
11 299 ms 251 ms 287 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
12 172 ms 185 ms 185 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
13 226 ms 220 ms 223 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
14 227 ms 247 ms 238 ms mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.250]
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
I am having about a .5-1 second delay every click! Especially in big battles it gets worse. Unplayable right now...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]