StarCraft® II

Patch 1.5 produces tremendous amounts of lag

(Locked)

I had this issue just like everyone for awhile and tolerate it until in big battles I lost since I can't micro since it FREEZES.

REASON
The issue is a combination of nVidia drivers and intel processors as I discovered on other forum posts. This solution solved my problem and there are no more lags.

SOLUTION
Depending on which version of windows you have. Start -> Run -> services.msc
In the list of services, find these nvidia services and disable them.
"NVIDIA Display Driver Service"
OPTIONAL
"NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service"
"NVIDIA Update Service Daemon"

I will try this solution shortly as well. I will post here if it works.

Thank you for your help.
I'm going to bump this thread every day until I see a blue post with a real fix. Your move blizz
i suppose ill join you. Nothings changed on my end since before patch 1.5 so it has nothing to do with my setup
got really tired of low fps on my high end machine, gtx 680 2700k 8gb ram, i really hope blizzard can solve it, though i doubt it.
B-B-B-B-UMP!

I really miss starcraft :-( Please help blizz
I had this issue just like everyone for awhile and tolerate it until in big battles I lost since I can't micro since it FREEZES.

REASON
The issue is a combination of nVidia drivers and intel processors as I discovered on other forum posts. This solution solved my problem and there are no more lags.

SOLUTION
OPTIONAL
Nice! This seems to have done the trick for me or the games been in a spurt of niceness for a few games. TYVM! ;)

REASON

SOLUTION
OPTIONAL
Nice! This seems to have done the trick for me or the games been in a spurt of niceness for a few games. TYVM! ;)

This seems to be the right fix for me as well. I was playing a game with awful stuttering, so i paused to disable the NVIDIA stuff and it's been running perfectly since. Some of the textures are a bit off, but i can live with that.

DID YOU HEAR THAT BLIZZARD? THE LAST PATCH DOESN'T JIVE WITH THE NVIDIA DRIVERS! PLEASE ROLL BACK

Thanks for the tip vipy!
09/24/2012 07:27 PMPosted by dan
Some of the textures are a bit off, but i can live with that.
I didn't notice that myself. What settings you play at? Trying to figure out if it did indeed happen with me and I'm that unobservant or if possibly a settings thing.
It's most obvious in the mini map, the colors just are quite right, but it's not that noticeable.
Edited by dan on 9/24/2012 10:16 PM PDT
i now resort to playing many custom,coop and workin on getting more single player achievements cause since the first 1.5 patch it's been downhill for me, always a lag when battle arises, my neighbours recently got the game also cause they like it since i introduced them to it but they only on single player and little custom games with me cause it feezes alot online, we all have great computers too

REASON

SOLUTION
OPTIONAL

I use ATI HD 5970 and I have this same issue :/, random lag/freeze AND 10sec delay into game. I even lag with everything on low and playing arcade games
same issue here, getting 20-30 fps out of battle and once I try to move my army it moves down to 0-5. especially on daybreak/cloud kingdom. I have a nVidia 330M
I got the game on opening day. Had a few issues here and there but now I can't play multiplayer games due to horrible lag. Just keep losing every game so I just gave up playing. Probably will just check back in every week or so to see if they fixed it. Too bad, I really loved this game.
bump

REASON

SOLUTION
OPTIONAL

As the creator of this thread, I would like to personally thank you for your hard work and determination in fixing this major issue within the game of Starcraft 2. I just finished testing this fix, and it is working wonderfully.

While this whole incident hasn't exactly convinced me to purchase HOTS (or any new Blizzard game, for that matter) anytime soon, at least the game that I currently own that Blizzard refuses to take back is finally playable again. Time to practice, practice, practice! I'm completely out of practice in Starcraft 2.

I essentially completely removed myself from the entire SC2 community with the exception of this thread. I didn't even watch professional Starcraft 2 games or any Starcraft 2 YouTube videos. I'm not sure if/when I will return, but it will hopefully be soon.

Again, thanks a lot for your help and for providing a solution to this issue. I and much of the Starcraft 2 community are very grateful that you've been able to provide this fix.

I will now officially stop replying to this thread unless anyone really wants to speak with me on this matter (I will check back for the next few days before bookmarking and officially closing this tab). I ask for everyone to please stop bumping this thread-- it has a ridiculous amount of replies and views because I've been keeping it alive for so long, but it has finally served it's purpose (thanks to vipy).

If you followed vipy's steps but your issue is still not solved, then you are experiencing a different issue from the one mentioned in this thread. It is important to note that this issue is not just generic low-FPS or constant lag, but rather periodic lag every time a sound is played which was then reduced in patch 1.5.1 or 1.5.2, but still persisted in battles and battles almost only (I say almost because there was still some additional lag present). This lag still made the game unplayable.

This also only applies to users with NVIDIA graphics cards and Intel processors. For everyone else, both this issue and solution do not apply to you. Please start a new thread based around your problem.

Again, thank you so much vipy. It's unfortunate that Blizzard is too incompetent to have been able to figure this out themselves and posted it nearly two months ago when patch 1.5 was introduced. I have no plans to support Blizzard in any way in the near future after this incident. I'm just very happy that the product I purchased a while back which Blizzard refused to give me my money back for is now finally usable again.

-Technology
Edited by Technology on 9/29/2012 6:36 PM PDT
This needs a proper fix ASAP. Blizz where are you?
I can't find these in my services.msc :( Help anyone?
NVIDIA GT 540M here with i7 processor on an Acer laptop (5755G)
All I can see is the NVIDIA Update Service Daemon and NVIDIA Driver Helper Service

OPTIONAL
Edited by SoMToZu on 10/6/2012 4:56 PM PDT
hd7850 2gb i5 3750k 3.5 ghz 8 gb ram. getting 58 fps. was gettting 128fps
10/06/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Peruka
This needs a proper fix ASAP. Blizz where are you?

10/07/2012 11:46 AMPosted by WightyCity
hd7850 2gb i5 3750k 3.5 ghz 8 gb ram. getting 58 fps. was gettting 128fps

Please let this thread die off. A knowledgeable member of the community has provided a proper fix, and I'm afraid Blizzard is not going to be of any help.
yes. please close this because its not blizzards problem, its ours... when a company has a broken product, you fix it, not them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]