Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
during your reinstall ... did you go into your user library folder and delete (1) the blizzard / SC2 prefs and then (2) also the application support items. After that go up to your user / shared folder and delete all the blizzard/battlenet items.
Then try a clean install. Currently having to download the installer as CD won't run as it reports not enough hard drive space (1.5 TB isn't enough for it apparently).
I'll try and post a success or fail update.
update on my attempt. everything finally updated properly. for it to work though I had to:
1. delete all preferences stored in my user folder and in the shared user folder.
2. delete my original starcraft 2 game directory (which I had not installed into the default applications folder).
3. download the SC2 game installer and then run it (installing into apps folder)
4. run the patches
5. finally launch the game and get back to playing
hope this helps.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.