StarCraft® II

Required files are missing.

It says after launch.
It happened to me b4 and resinstalling it fixed it but ive reinstalled it twice now and it doesnt work.
Reply Quote
I was just told the same thing. It appears after the "connecting to patch server" window appears.
Reply Quote
ya exactly my starcraft still cant open
Reply Quote
me too, I've tried the posted advice and it is not working :(
Reply Quote
Im having the same problem. I have reinstalled it enough times to know that that isn't going to fix it. Please post if anyone has resolved this issue.
Reply Quote
during your reinstall ... did you go into your user library folder and delete (1) the blizzard / SC2 prefs and then (2) also the application support items. After that go up to your user / shared folder and delete all the blizzard/battlenet items.

Then try a clean install. Currently having to download the installer as CD won't run as it reports not enough hard drive space (1.5 TB isn't enough for it apparently).

I'll try and post a success or fail update.
Reply Quote
update on my attempt. everything finally updated properly. for it to work though I had to:

1. delete all preferences stored in my user folder and in the shared user folder.
2. delete my original starcraft 2 game directory (which I had not installed into the default applications folder).
3. download the SC2 game installer and then run it (installing into apps folder)
4. run the patches
5. finally launch the game and get back to playing

hope this helps.
Reply Quote
Every time I try to optimize I get a failed to download file. My connection is O.K. and I have restarted my P.C.
It dosnt say what file
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is an old thread, and it is relating to a different issue. Can you create a new thread with the issue at hand so we can better assist?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]