StarCraft® II

10.6.8 mac having same problem as 10.5.8

im playing on a 10.6.8 mac and i seem to be getting the same patch screen problem a 10.5.8 would be getting
Reply Quote
join the club bro this is bogus.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What patch screen problem are you referring to? 10.6.8 can play SC2, but you may be experience one of the known bugs that we're working on. Can you elaborate on what is happening? We may have a workaround that may help you.
Reply Quote
i'm on snow leopard 10.6.8, launcher appears with patch at 0% 1.4.4. then closes automatically by itself. Pls help
Reply Quote
Im using a Mac OS X 10.6.8 and when i click on SC2 Launcher opens up for like 3 seconds then closes automatically.. Any way around this, cause i thought 10.6.8 is compatible
Reply Quote
Try this: Go to Finder, click on applications, click Starcraft 2, and in that folder there is another folder called "Support". In there is a file called SC2Switcher. Open that and it should take you to the game.
Reply Quote
Hi, my OS is 10.5.8 and I can't download the patch. It says my hardware is out of date.

Now I was able to play this game for a year now and I suddenly can't, so I go online to see I need to update my OS, now I can't seem to find a free version that I require to play the game I paid for and have been playing for a year.

Does Blizzard send me a check in the mail so I can continue playing the game I payed for? I understand it is online only so I have dished out my money for internet access so I can play, but I am running low on $ to continue to play my single player game. Any updates on that check for me would be great. Thanks

-Unsatisfied customer
Reply Quote
I'm using 10.6.8 but the updater just keeps downloading and patching 1.4.4. EXtremely annoying, because patching lags the entire macbook rendering it unusable. I've already tried uninstalling/installing and repair tool.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Papercut
I'm using 10.6.8 but the updater just keeps downloading and patching 1.4.4. EXtremely annoying, because patching lags the entire macbook rendering it unusable. I've already tried uninstalling/installing and repair tool.

Did you try opening SC2Switcher from the Support folder in the Starcraft II application? Just curious if that worked for you.
Reply Quote
I have 10.6.8 and it opens a small screen and the app is called SC Launcher and it just stops responding. I have to force quit it. I tried restarting and the same thing happens.
Reply Quote
Having a similar issue where I open the launcher it says 50% downloaded then it just exits the launcher screen without warning
Edited by Albi on 8/9/2012 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have tried everything and nothing seemed to work but lucky for me my computer only required a simple restart now everything seems to be working as intended.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Symphonic

Did you try opening SC2Switcher from the Support folder in the Starcraft II application? Just curious if that worked for you.

I've opened it, but nothing happened. The game window appeared as a black screen for a second, then a popup saying "Starcraft 2 requires a patch. Would you like to download and install the patch now?" appears so I click yes then nothing happens.
Reply Quote
I have been able to get through the game, but I can't exit the game and get back into the game without re-downloading the entire game.
Reply Quote
That is exactly what is happening to me, yes pls assist.
Reply Quote
sc2 switcher does not work
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you tell me what happens when you attempt to launch the StarCraft II application itself?
Reply Quote
I think im having the same problem as all of you. Im running 10.5.8, i open up the installer and the update is stuck on 0, and nothing happens. Any ideas guys?
Reply Quote
08/13/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Machkhan
Can you tell me what happens when you attempt to launch the StarCraft II application itself?
It begins automatically patching but never starts, staying at 0%, the client then closes after a few minutes of just sitting there.
Reply Quote
I also am having this problem , it also knocks out my internet connection for a moment.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]