StarCraft® II

Fun thought about controlling zergs

Is it possible in the game to use the mind control tower to get a drone and build a zerg base? I'm trying to recall if there is a mission where you could possibly have the tower with drones in the mission. While avoiding spoilers, possibly there are drones during the rescue mission towards the end and the final mission.

If there is a hatch we should be able to mind control larva right? Do larva pop in the campaign?
Edited by SirCharlesII on 8/6/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No, I've tried it on Shatter the Sky. You can't MC workers :(
Reply Quote
you cannot MC workers just like the replicators would not have been able to replicate workers.

then of coarse you also have the Infestor whom does not abide by these rules. Zerglot anyone?
Reply Quote
I just tried Neural Parasiting a larva in an AI match and unfortunately even though i can build a drone it doesn't finish before NP wears off. The AI automatically cancels the spawn... The last possibility I see is if we are able to MC larva.
Reply Quote
Do what I do with NP. MC an SCV and have it build a CC, then get your second investor to NP just before the first one wears of and have a third do the same. Rinse and repeat. Its not as easy as it is doing it with Probes, but it still works.
Reply Quote
08/07/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Gashnaw
Do what I do with NP. MC an SCV and have it build a CC, then get your second investor to NP just before the first one wears of and have a third do the same. Rinse and repeat. Its not as easy as it is doing it with Probes, but it still works.

You can do this with terran and it's unnecessary with protoss. The problem is with zerg you lose control of the drone as soon as you start building (because the drone turns into the building). The AI will then auto-cancel it. I'm out of ideas.... but I'll keep thinking.

Okay.. here is an odd idea. I don't know if there are any queens in the campaign... but if I mind control a queen and can inject the AI base does the larva belong to me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]