StarCraft® II

[Showcase] Special Forces Elite 4 (Thread 1)

(Locked)

11/20/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Wings
The game is fun with 6, just needs a little tweak in terms of income. Meanwhile, with 4 or less, the income needs to be reduced a bit.

So true with even 3 you can get a fully buffed upgraded force big enough to steam roll rest of map by about halfway through it.

I don't mind 5 but it's a lil slow but 6 is painful
5 and 6 give you almost exactly the same income, so how can it be any better?
11/21/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Drusus
5 and 6 give you almost exactly the same income, so how can it be any better?

take 6 as 100% - 6X100% =600% total

5 = 600%/5 = 120% compared to 6

4 = 600%/4 = 150% compared to 6

3 = 600%/3 = 200% compared to 6

easy math I think for both 5 & 6 should be 125% of 6's current income
But, Lanzarote made a income multiplication system that goes as follows:

1-2 players = x3 income
3-4 players= x2 income
5-6 players= x1 income

Thus, your argument is invalid, and this was in the changlogs...
5 players still get more since it's divided by lesser people and 20% is a significant amount.
I highly dought it's even 20%, or I wouldn't have so much trouble getting the odin and other heroes... takes almost 15 minutes of constant saving with a good team that pops.
As much as I hate to say it I believe Drusus is right this time. 5-6 people is normal income 4 or less is just double, it doesn't split percentage wise, even though that would be a much better way of balancing the income because the game is too easy for 4 people if two of them know what they're doing.
Odin needs to get check since i notice that it can attack your team mates air units and massive units. Tested myself and also had it happen to me.
Fenix, Alan Scherzar: Sometimes miss the ninjas when they aim. Is that part of the game, or a bug?
Ninjas are soppsed to dodge damage since they are cloacked, happens with every unit if you pay attantion, it just appears it's most visible with those specific heroes.

with the odin problem, i use that to my advantage since air can be really annoying, so i kill others when they steal all the aces and when they pop a lot, so i find that a good thing. To mitigate this you should really add a -kick X button because there are those players who pop all the spawners as fast as they can, kill everything on the map so the final boss is released if the team survives stank, kerri, and the levi. Because of these types of !@#$%^-s there should be a kick button, but this comes with a catch; the player you are trying to kick should have at leas 5 games won and 10 games played for any new player to understand the concept of the game, and it's dynamics.

1-2 players = x3 income
3-4 players= x2 income
5-6 players= x1 income

+1

This map I believe was made to be harder with more people. This is exactly why I lost with full house almost every single time when I first played.
I find that protoss is really underpowered in this game, anything you buff other than immortals and heroes is horrible, this should be resolved

1-2 players = x3 income
3-4 players= x2 income
5-6 players= x1 income

+1

This map I believe was made to be harder with more people. This is exactly why I lost with full house almost every single time when I first played.

you are right and its because of the fact the the starting heros can get so powerful so the more heros the weaker each player should be due to less money

11/23/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Drusus
I find that protoss is really underpowered in this game, anything you buff other than immortals and heroes is horrible, this should be resolved

the protoss are some what horible becuase most of their units are glass canons, the void ray is ok, but falls to massed light units unless you know a trick, the mother ships waepons attack to slow, the colossi has the same problem, archon is to squishy even with its constant regen shields, the setry and a host of other units both terran and toss are not worth the money because with the number ou units in the game so many of the mover lap their roles and some are better than others

ps.i still want a non hero mother ship, and a new zerg hero or two
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else has gotten a level 61 Infested General from Festor? I know i does not sound possible but has anyone else gotten this bug?
This is Wings (got a new acct), I reported level 61 with random hero units before. It's really rare though.
Enemy air in this game is stronger than enemy ground, yet it's the opposite for terran and protoss. Air and ground need some SERIOUS blancing because there is a brood lord with a couple buffs that has 190 000 hp, more than a brutalisk and does about 1400 damage per hit. Another issue is that ALL anti air is super weak yet enemy anit air is super strong; just really annoying issues with balancing.
YA PLEASE
How about, we let him put out this update and then we bombard him with other fixes/additions
Remember how long it took jason to post the other update? It might take even longer for the next one since we don't have any replies, and jason might be busy AGAIN like he says he is almost all the time (other than the weekends) Just dedicate more time to this game jason...!!!!!! PLEASE!!! This game is rated a one star for me because there are not enough updates, frequently enough, i thought you said you would start posting smaller updates more frequently jason, what happened to that plan?
Edited by Drusus on 11/24/2012 12:42 PM PST
I play this often, and as you fix the bugs, one bug is that when Overlords die, they spawn those little buggers. Well you have to manually attack them. It gets quite annoying. Also New Characters and Difficulties would be wonderful.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]