[Showcase] Special Forces Elite 4 (Thread 1)

(Locked)

That's not a bug, it's done on purpose, and these things have been mentioned before
I just want to add to how op air is, by saying that the overmaster has just a little bit less hp than the hydra boss and the roach queen combined, COMBINED! That's a bit of an overkill, and the damage it has, stupidly large amount.

ace missile turrets rarely shoot out the hellstorm rockets, i don't know why but they like using those bad rockets.
11/23/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Drusus
I find that protoss is really underpowered in this game, anything you buff other than immortals and heroes is horrible, this should be resolved

As a basic unit, the stalker is great. With Ace, it's one of the strongest units in the game. In terms of effective HP per food, protoss outclasses terran, while effective DPS per food, terran outclasses protoss.

11/24/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Drusus
Enemy air in this game is stronger than enemy ground, yet it's the opposite for terran and protoss. Air and ground need some SERIOUS blancing because there is a brood lord with a couple buffs that has 190 000 hp, more than a brutalisk and does about 1400 damage per hit. Another issue is that ALL anti air is super weak yet enemy anit air is super strong; just really annoying issues with balancing.

Titans have excellent anti-air abilities, heck even a squadron of wraiths easily can demolish gremlins. Your HP is a bit exaggerated for enemy units and though a few late game upgraded enemy units do massive dmg, it's balanced with a relatively slowly attack rate.

11/24/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Drusus
This game is rated a one star for me because there are not enough updates, frequently enough, i thought you said you would start posting smaller updates more frequently jason, what happened to that plan?

It's more frequently updated than many other maps.

11/25/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Drusus
I just want to add to how op air is, by saying that the overmaster has just a little bit less hp than the hydra boss and the roach queen combined, COMBINED! That's a bit of an overkill, and the damage it has, stupidly large amount.

Overmaster is probably the strongest of the three, but it's still easily soloed by almost any starting hero. The hydra pierces armor and attacks quicker. The roach queen is very easy to kill though and could be made to do a little more damage.
A bit off topic, but why did you get a new account wings!? haha i forgot that was you already.
Wings is my bros' acct. He let me play SC2 since he stopped playing, but now that I've been playing a lot, he wanted to reinstall it and play again. So I just bought it on Black Friday lol.
Drusus, just run the one you have published if you don't like this but please stop complaining so much.

"Wings" if you ever want to play, I am open to a few games on this or something similar. Also, Glad to hear you got a copy of the game for yourself.

Jason, keep up the great work and if you ever need man hours for testing or the like I am willing to put some time in to help. Thank you for maintaining this game for us.
My posts are famous I see, but further up I looked at the same brood lord, and it had 19500 hp, which is a lot for just a brood lord, and once again i say you should easy up on the air. And Adaephon, that SFE game i edited i screwed it up so hard with my experimenting i gave up on it, and i started making another map that i won't publish until completion, tiny bit like SFE and campaign mixed together.
Do you know lanzarote or where he went? The last time i talked to him he said: I have a life you know. I think on your maps you should add more credit, like: Originally made by lanzarote.
I see you added it, Could you please please please add a nice bunch of zerg starting heroes to play as? And add some weak, but flying heroes, like maybe a scout hero or a mutalisk, or banshee hero! (Banshee hero should have AA Attack after upgrade)
I love this map.. please make a TANK hero :D... a Christmas gift for a little kid.
there is already tanks heros like fenix, pyromaster, roy swan we dont need more unless its a zerg hero
I think he means a siege tank hero, something like Edmund Duke
11/27/2012 12:55 PMPosted by blababaman
I see you added it, Could you please please please add a nice bunch of zerg starting heroes to play as? And add some weak, but flying heroes, like maybe a scout hero or a mutalisk, or banshee hero! (Banshee hero should have AA Attack after upgrade)

There is a scout hero already.
Care to be more specific?
Seige tank hero suggestions

Name: Poseidon

Hp: 950 (starting hp like other heroes [nova])
Armour: 3
Energy: 250
Damage: 100
Attack Rate: 2.5
Range: 10 (can purchase range upgrade for other tanks too)
Regen: 0.5
Sight: 10
Speed: 2
Scale: 0.95

Abilities:

Quick Regeneration
-heals the tank quickly for a short period of time
(cooldown 1 minute)

Seige tank mode/tank mode
-quick transfer in between modes(0.5 secs?)
(no cooldown)

Damage reduction
-damage reduction

tank range upgrade (found in fortress)
-range upgrade

I will add more suggestions later for abilities.
Can you make an upgrade that costs about 500 000 minerals called 'Quantum Suit', and what this does is reduce your units' incoming damage by 75%, adds 25% hp, weapon speed by 15% and weapon damage by 25%, just a suggestion, and now that i think of it that would be awesome in the game. every 10 minutes the enemies should get an upgrade jump to balance this upgrade out.
I found a potential issue, and was able to repeat it. Medics will heal the enemies that come with the Ragnorak ending if they are not healing one of your units already. I am uncertain about medivacs and science vessels.

This was more amusing than anything else the confirmation run had a medic healing the firebat that was killing it.
That's hilarious
Can you release the next patch as soon as you finish the Archon hero? I heard you were making one now.
As of now, the game seems to be... Too straight-forward. I (personally) would love to see more of a strategy aspect to the game. Something that demands a bit more thinking, and forces decisions from a player. 'How does upgrading 'A' affect the game? How does spawning unit 'X' help us win? Will it help defend against this wave of enemies? Will it help kill that Nydus Worm? Is it really worth the cost at this point of time?'

Teamwork is also something to consider. Early-mid game, other than the defender (if any), what reason do players have to collaborate (with the exception of the last few parts of the game), when they have enough power to obliterate entire buildings by themselves? What benefit does, or should, collaboration bring for all the players?
'Doesn't staying together reduce the amount of EXP my hero gets?' 'What if s/he kill-steals that Ace buff from me?' I'm sure this would help the game improve much more than simply adding a few more heroes/units for a small popularity increase for a limited amount of time.

The game's improved a lot since around the time when Lanzarote was active, by the way. I really love the game.
Edited by Chryx on 12/1/2012 8:24 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]