StarCraft® II

[Showcase] Special Forces Elite 4 (Thread 1)

(Locked)

Protoss, if the map is public, that means that the map will be accessible to all people, so random poeple could mess it up big time and publish that version, and again, read closer, i said people not person. I just find it impractical to have lots and lots of versions of one specific genre/map.

It should be accessible to all people just like Brood War and Warcraft 3 maps were (there were ways to protect your map, and there were tools to unprotect it with little to no effort). In Warcraft 3 this lead to people innovating on maps that more or less stale. If you make one minor change, there is no reason why people would play your map over the existing one.

It wasn't a problem for Left 2 Die, and the only reason that map is still quite popular is because the map was made publicly available, and people were able to make variants like Left 2 Die Z, Left 2 Die K, etc. These maps were improvments and in the case of Left 2 Die Z, it completely changed the game play style.

Regardless i have converted the locked latest version of the map into a unlocked playable one, but the attributes and triggers still need to be rebuilt from the galaxy script. Unless Lanzarote or Jason says otherwise i will do it.
SidtheKid,i said "zero progress, or close to zero progress", read carefully, and this means that Jason has done very little to the map, he could have done more.

What do you mean he has done very little to the map? I believe it's only been a few months (close to half a year), and he's released 5 updates. Do you want Lanzorate's daily updates again? I believe once a month or once every 2 months updates is very suitable. Of course, I want daily updates, but I need once a month or once every 2 months updates.

You need to get the difference between a want and a need. If SFE made by Jason drops below the top 10, or if it goes past 2 months without an update, then we may have to call it a need. For now, it's a want. You want a better map. You want a higher ranking. And you want an update.
add some new hero's man
The most i expect is 1 new hero, nothing else.
Considering it's been taking forever for Jason to reply, wouldn't you wonder what has gone wrong in his life? Broken Computer? Corrupt File? Virus?
Probably something personal that he doesn't want to share, like school problems, family problems, financial problems, who knows...
I really like SFE 4 surprisingly so despite the "repetitiveness" of the map (something about practice makes perfect), but as the rest of you, i'm disappointed by the lack of upgrades.

Now, instead of asking for the publication of the map or appealing to Jason himself, i want to make a new one, clean from the start, with all the good of this map, without the tedious or lag of this map.

If you want to help me, because i need help, you can refer to this freshly created topic http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7593740424#1 and help me out!
As I said before, my brother is making an SFE like map, with all the SFE contents, except the AI is really an actual player and there are 3 teams, not two, completely different from each other.

I don't think this game will get anywhere for a long time, or even ever, because if jason is gone just like lanzarote was, and doesn't pass on the map, this game is going to die, or at least not going to grow in popularity. And Gundust, there is no lag to this map, only for people who have bad internet or bad computers...
Edited by Drusus on 1/12/2013 6:52 AM PST
Did you guys see the Special Forces: Elite 5 ?

This is the Lanzarote version with ArcAngel update in December 2012
What page is it?
nvm searched and found
Edited by SidtheKid on 1/12/2013 12:55 PM PST
I saw this version and tried to play it as a private game since no would join, I think it's broken
There is nothing different in that version; and Jason seems to not give a 'rat's a.s.s' about this map unfortunately... D:
Edited by Drusus on 1/13/2013 10:18 AM PST
Everything went quiet
Don't go quiet! I love this game and I hope that it still lives!
Not trying to go quiet, it's not like I died or anything crazy (some speculation in this thread is adorable however), I've just been doing other things for a while.

I have not lost interest in the project I've taken on but I do understand how it feels I may have or how there are those who feel I'm letting The Community down. I apologize for this and will return to edit this post in more detail later this evening. In the mean time I wonder if I should put it to The Community and let them decide what I should do with the map now? There is no doubt I'll be returning to spend more time with SC2 very soon, especially since HoTS releases not too long from now, so I might just go crazy and spend and absurd amount of time editing soon. Either way I want to thank everyone for their continued support and understanding.

[Edit] - Since I took on the project I have been reading all posts in this thread and taking in the information provided. I typically respond to each individual post when I reply and may continue to do that but as of this edit I don't have the time to complete that task, I apologize again. I choose not to offer any excuses since my opinion on what I've done is far different from some and inline with others. Typically during the last few months of a year and especially during January I have quite a bit of things that require my attention. During these times I often only even sleep at home maybe 1/3 of the time and spend even less than that actually at home. Since I only do my map editing at home I didn't really have much I could do as far as the project was concerned.

I see some looking to branch off and make new maps and I see others trying to even crack this map open and carry on with the project. I encourage the making of new maps wholeheartedly and am indifferent on cracking my version of the map open. In the end I take solace knowing I will continue work on the project soon enough. I would also (jokingly and seriously) like to encourage many to open up and get out in the world.

Things should start to settle down for me soon enough and I do plan on returning to editing. So really, thank you all again your insurmountable support as it is greatly appreciated.

[Signature]: Find players who are players you can play with and play your way to victory!
Edited by Jason on 1/17/2013 7:32 PM PST
Welcome back Jason!

I like the Left 2 Die Z map, actually a four player map that works and not just someone place a starting area for player three and four and called it four player co-op
Great, now the chances of the map getting anywhere is higher, but not high enough since Jason is still busy, but i just want to say the main thing that should be changed is the texturing of the map and adding new heroes, that's where the center of attention lies. It would be nice if you could add a starting hero of every unit that exists, (future suggestion) and you should change the map layout every month or so to add a bit of variety. (only if you can,)
Edited by Drusus on 1/21/2013 1:05 PM PST
Drusus is a noob and you're all too obsessed with this. Why must there be a forum trolling someone who has a life to complete something that takes away from your life? Take from this what you will, my cameo here is because of Drusus being glued to this forum so I put in my own word. The map is good enough, this not a lifeline, there is no autocratic force limiting your choice, so whoever is overly attached should UNattach themselves.
I have two more requests, firstly if you can add two of each buyable hero, it would resolve lots of conflict and raging players that fight over units. Secondly, if you can do your usual bug changes, such as fixing ares (glitches in between modes when attacking), the double general, protoss upgrades list, and more attack animation issues. Adding new heroes, especially zerg heroes would make things more interesting, but keeping in mind this would require more work because you would have to add a zeg fortress. And again, things are starting to get quiet...
Edited by Drusus on 1/21/2013 1:11 PM PST
Not trying to go quiet, it's not like I died or anything crazy (some speculation in this thread is adorable however), I've just been doing other things for a while.

I have not lost interest in the project I've taken on but I do understand how it feels I may have or how there are those who feel I'm letting The Community down. I apologize for this and will return to edit this post in more detail later this evening. In the mean time I wonder if I should put it to The Community and let them decide what I should do with the map now? There is no doubt I'll be returning to spend more time with SC2 very soon, especially since HoTS releases not too long from now, so I might just go crazy and spend and absurd amount of time editing soon. Either way I want to thank everyone for their continued support and understanding.

[Edit] - Since I took on the project I have been reading all posts in this thread and taking in the information provided. I typically respond to each individual post when I reply and may continue to do that but as of this edit I don't have the time to complete that task, I apologize again. I choose not to offer any excuses since my opinion on what I've done is far different from some and inline with others. Typically during the last few months of a year and especially during January I have quite a bit of things that require my attention. During these times I often only even sleep at home maybe 1/3 of the time and spend even less than that actually at home. Since I only do my map editing at home I didn't really have much I could do as far as the project was concerned.

I see some looking to branch off and make new maps and I see others trying to even crack this map open and carry on with the project. I encourage the making of new maps wholeheartedly and am indifferent on cracking my version of the map open. In the end I take solace knowing I will continue work on the project soon enough. I would also (jokingly and seriously) like to encourage many to open up and get out in the world.

Things should start to settle down for me soon enough and I do plan on returning to editing. So really, thank you all again your insurmountable support as it is greatly appreciated.

[Signature]: Find players who are players you can play with and play your way to victory!

Just publish an unlocked version of your map, and let other people use it to make their own versions. You can still update your version, and make it as you see fit. But the map would be an amazing base for people, people are still making Special Forces using Lanzarotes ancient version.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]