StarCraft® II

Ghost of a chance and Breakout

Go for the Kerrigan pic! Trust me. It will be worth it. Hell..Add me in game right now and I will give you a step by step process on how to beat said mission and the upgrades you need.
Reply Quote
well that didn't work (Stupid drill didn't attack when i told it too. I right clicked on units then held shift and clicked on others, it didn't stop attacking the door.)

so i did Haven;s fall instead... I'm surprised, who would have guess that 42 ghosts could not complete the mission?

For Haven's Fall, you just need to mass vikings, build two Starports if you have the extra resources. When you use your vikings to destroy the Nexi, simply take out the floating pylon structures and any air units/Colosi before going to the land, then take it slow enough to take out Zealots without losing guys.

The Dig is actually really simple, but the placement of bunkers and tanks does matter. I highly recommend having the Marauder slowing upgrade as well as the increased bunker range upgrade. Put the bunkers as close to the overlooking cliffs as possible and put a Marauder in at least one on each side. Then mass some tanks and build a few turrets around the drill and around the ramps. Like others said, use the drill to take out Colossi, Immortals, and High Templars.

If you don't have the proper upgrades, you can always play through the entire campaign on very easy and leave the maps you need to beat on brutal for last, then select brutal before attempting it.
Reply Quote
Wolfy is right. The dig isn't too bad with tank placement and proper laser work. With the laser I use 0 as my hotkey. Watch the minimap.. if anything pops up right click on it then Shift+right click the rest. This will take the laser off the wall and attacking the enemies. If you accidentally hold shift before you click the first guy it'll continue to burn down the wall and not attack anything.

I typically have the laser kill everything lol. Just make colossi and archons a priority.

For haven's fall mass vikings with Marine medic support. You can actually do it with just marines and stim if you really want to. One trick if you're having issues is to just do marine/medic and build mass missile launchers to the southeast of your base. After taking the shield down let the mother ship fly into your missiles and stim attack her. For any mission, when in doubt just mass marine/medics. You'll want 2 medics asap and 4 shortly after. You'll probably never need more than 8-10.
Reply Quote
What is the best unit composition for Mobeious factor and Engine of destruction? (I can defend a base I know that, (however stupid Tychus moves on without backup so he isn't too fun to play with.) As for mobious factor. I just have to move faster than kerrigan. Which is tough when i am being attacked, have a bunch of AA to worry about and only have things like marines running around. Maybe a goliath, I guess i have to put up some turrets and use my trusty perma-ghost wall. Online i'm agressive in teh cmapaign i turtle...)

Also Beat Haven;s fall on brutal 2:11:00 BUT i used ghosts started with 42, ended with 4. I am really liking snipe right now.
Reply Quote
Wolfy is right. The dig isn't too bad with tank placement and proper laser work. With the laser I use 0 as my hotkey. Watch the minimap.. if anything pops up right click on it then Shift+right click the rest. This will take the laser off the wall and attacking the enemies. If you accidentally hold shift before you click the first guy it'll continue to burn down the wall and not attack anything.

I typically have the laser kill everything lol. Just make colossi and archons a priority.

For haven's fall mass vikings with Marine medic support. You can actually do it with just marines and stim if you really want to. One trick if you're having issues is to just do marine/medic and build mass missile launchers to the southeast of your base. After taking the shield down let the mother ship fly into your missiles and stim attack her. For any mission, when in doubt just mass marine/medics. You'll want 2 medics asap and 4 shortly after. You'll probably never need more than 8-10.

You are thinking safe haven. Haven;s fall is the one where you are fighting the infested terrans/zerg
Reply Quote
Engine of Destruction is easiest with a Banshee Viking Sci Vessel composition. Focus heavily on Banshees for the second and third bases, then switch into more or less pure Viking production. Get Merc Marines and Siege Breakers but just use them to bunker up your main base.

Don't help Tychus with the first base except for repairs, you need the time to get your economy online. I'd recommend getting both upgrades for SCVs and immediately speed-building 2-3 additional Orbital Commands so that you can pull ~10 SCVs at a time to repair the Odin without it hurting your economy too much. Also then you can just float one up to the second base once it's clear.

Moebius Factor is really pretty easy. Marine Medic Medivac (or Hercules, if you have the tech) and then both the Mercenaries from your compound and randomly on the rooftops. Leave a bunker or two and a Siege Tank for defense. Take it slow and knock out the Spore Crawlers ahead of time so you don't lose any transports. Remember to get level 3 Infantry upgrades, so probably get two E-bays.
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Xombie
Go for the Kerrigan pic! Trust me. It will be worth it. Hell..Add me in game right now and I will give you a step by step process on how to beat said mission and the upgrades you need.

I cannot get on whenever i feel like it since i use my mom since my comp is not powerful enough to run SC.

How would i add you (Only way i know how to add people is right-clikc their name and click "add friend"
doesn't work on forums.)
Reply Quote
Engine of Destruction is easiest with a Banshee Viking Sci Vessel composition. Focus heavily on Banshees for the second and third bases, then switch into more or less pure Viking production. Get Merc Marines and Siege Breakers but just use them to bunker up your main base.

Don't help Tychus with the first base except for repairs, you need the time to get your economy online. I'd recommend getting both upgrades for SCVs and immediately speed-building 2-3 additional Orbital Commands so that you can pull ~10 SCVs at a time to repair the Odin without it hurting your economy too much. Also then you can just float one up to the second base once it's clear.

Moebius Factor is really pretty easy. Marine Medic Medivac (or Hercules, if you have the tech) and then both the Mercenaries from your compound and randomly on the rooftops. Leave a bunker or two and a Siege Tank for defense. Take it slow and knock out the Spore Crawlers ahead of time so you don't lose any transports. Remember to get level 3 Infantry upgrades, so probably get two E-bays.

Okay, back up. When do you get banshees? I don't have them yet
Reply Quote
Uh, you get them on Supernova. I dunno. Do missions other than Engine of Destruction until you get Banshees :D
Reply Quote
Trying to. I have either Mobeious factor or engine of destruction. Right now Mobeious factor seems harder but I will do that one first (Or I'll do the 3 levels i have yet to beat on Brutal that i instead did on casual.
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Gashnaw
Trying to. I have either Mobeious factor or engine of destruction. Right now Mobeious factor seems harder but I will do that one first (Or I'll do the 3 levels i have yet to beat on Brutal that i instead did on casual.

I apologize for mixing up Safe Haven and Haven's Fall earlier. I can tell you, though, that the strategy stays the same. You mass vikings to begin with. Build up bunkers and have some defense to protect your base when you send vikings out to prevent infestation. All infestations can easily be stopped by sending in vikings in air form to take out all air units, then land together and destroy any ground units there.

To destroy the bases, the one to the east of your base can be destroyed the same way as infestations.

The north and east most ones are most easily done with vikingsin ground mode. The southern most one is the difficult one. I highly recommend having a group of vikings, maybe 6 or so in air form and the rest in ground form and pushing slowly into the base from the entrance.

For the Moebius Factor, start off by building a few tanks and missile turrets at the entrance. Again, the Marauder slow upgrade is highly recommended. As soon as the Medivacs come with Marines to your base, kill the mutalisks and then send them all to the first data core. Attack it from the high ground area next to it. At this point, you should summon all of your mercenaries whenever possible and make a bunch of Marines/Medics. Stick with ground units for this map.

If you can make the hercules, make two of them, if not make as many medivacs as you can and go to the high ground just west of your base with a few tanks and some air defense units. There should be a Goliath and a couple Marines there when you first get there. Go siege mode and take out the spore crawlers and Zerglings/Ultralisks. Get everyone back in the transport and move further west to the area with a firebat and some other guys right )next to the zerg base guarding the second data core.

Go siege mode and slowly push in taking out the Nydus Worms as they pop up. After that, move everyone down the ramp (avoid Kerrigan if she is NOT attacking a building or she will kill you) and destroy anything in your path. Move to the pathway close to the water and continue south west. If you want, you can take out the Brutalisk, I always do. If not, send your transports to the high ground right next to this area and pick up the last two groups of mercenaries, then slowly push towards the final data core along the water.

For Engine of Destruction, as someone said, let Tychus destroy the first base and only repair him. Wraiths are the only thing necessary, other than mercenaries and Medics to help you push the bases. After the first base falls, send your Wraiths to the send base as Tychus starts to attack and take out any air units/tanks. You should cloak and avoid turrets, but destroy any flying detector units. Rinse and repeat this strategy. You want to be building two Wraiths at a time, so if you do not have the tech reactor, build a second Starport.

The rest of the bases can be destroyed the same way. Just remember, you are NOT the assault force, Tychus is. Your job is to support him and take out heavy damaging units, as well as repair.

Also, you get Banshees on the map right after the Moebius Factor. I do not recommend using them for Engine of Destruction.
Edited by Wolfy on 8/6/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Wolfy

I apologize for mixing up Safe Haven and Haven's Fall earlier. I can tell you, though, that the strategy stays the same. You mass vikings to begin with. Build up bunkers and have some defense to protect your base when you send vikings out to prevent infestation. All infestations can easily be stopped by sending in vikings in air form to take out all air units, then land together and destroy any ground units there.

To destroy the bases, the one to the east of your base can be destroyed the same way as infestations.

The north and east most ones are most easily done with vikingsin ground mode. The southern most one is the difficult one. I highly recommend having a group of vikings, maybe 6 or so in air form and the rest in ground form and pushing slowly into the base from the entrance.

For the Moebius Factor, start off by building a few tanks and missile turrets at the entrance. Again, the Marauder slow upgrade is highly recommended. As soon as the Medivacs come with Marines to your base, kill the mutalisks and then send them all to the first data core. Attack it from the high ground area next to it. At this point, you should summon all of your mercenaries whenever possible and make a bunch of Marines/Medics. Stick with ground units for this map.

If you can make the hercules, make two of them, if not make as many medivacs as you can and go to the high ground just west of your base with a few tanks and some air defense units. There should be a Goliath and a couple Marines there when you first get there. Go siege mode and take out the spore crawlers and Zerglings/Ultralisks. Get everyone back in the transport and move further west to the area with a firebat and some other guys right )next to the zerg base guarding the second data core.

Go siege mode and slowly push in taking out the Nydus Worms as they pop up. After that, move everyone down the ramp (avoid Kerrigan if she is NOT attacking a building or she will kill you) and destroy anything in your path. Move to the pathway close to the water and continue south west. If you want, you can take out the Brutalisk, I always do. If not, send your transports to the high ground right next to this area and pick up the last two groups of mercenaries, then slowly push towards the final data core along the water.

For Engine of Destruction, as someone said, let Tychus destroy the first base and only repair him. Wraiths are the only thing necessary, other than mercenaries and Medics to help you push the bases. After the first base falls, send your Wraiths to the send base as Tychus starts to attack and take out any air units/tanks. You should cloak and avoid turrets, but destroy any flying detector units. Rinse and repeat this strategy. You want to be building two Wraiths at a time, so if you do not have the tech reactor, build a second Starport.

The rest of the bases can be destroyed the same way. Just remember, you are NOT the assault force, Tychus is. Your job is to support him and take out heavy damaging units, as well as repair.

Also, you get Banshees on the map right after the Moebius Factor. I do not recommend using them for Engine of Destruction.
no worries and i did complete Haven;s fall with Ghosts. Lots of them. I think in total i had 8 vikings at any point and when they died that was the end of them. I much prefer ghosts.
Reply Quote
You can beat the drill mission without a single bunker. Cluster all your tanks around the drill with a squad of mmm to deal with enemy troops as they come. When the enemy comes up the ramp (either one), your marauders slow them down with their concussive shells, then your clump of tanks vaporize them. Use the drill to target any colossi/carriers. Your tanks/mmm will take care of the rest. Piece of cake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]