StarCraft® II

MASSIVE fps drop and lag since Arcade patch.

I had the same problem but I am running a 64bit system. To fix it I adjusted my graphics settings first... duh most people realized they got lost during update but then THIS is what fixed my problem:

(Works if you have 64bit system)
Under the file structure(windows 7)
C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\.agent.db
I opened the .agent.db file and changed a line inside there
from
"run64bit" : False
To
"run64bit" : true
^^^^^^^^^^^ That change made the game stop lagging especially while playing the map Cruiser Command where the lag was the WORST.

Hope it helps some of you at least.
? Interesting. How the hell did you come up with that? lol...

I'm willing to try anything at this point. After a month of pulling my hair out, I'm getting desperate..lol I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply Quote
? Interesting. How the hell did you come up with that? lol...

I'm willing to try anything at this point. After a month of pulling my hair out, I'm getting desperate..lol I'll let you know how it goes.

I am a programmer at my job so I understand SOME of how programs work(I am still a beginner). My first thought after the video settings were lost was to go through every file I could edit relating to settings of Starcraft2 and read over them to see if anything looked out of the ordinary or maybe got RESET like the video card. Knowing my system is 64bit I came across that file and thank god it fixed my fps issue =D
Edited by OmegaRed on 8/28/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue, was running great before, now it chunks along constantly around mid game. I think it has something to do with the video card drivers not being up to date with this 1.5 patch

geforce gtx 560 here
Reply Quote
Same problem here -- ATI Radeon HD 5770

Never had a problem running sc2 before, even on extreme.
Reply Quote
I had the same problem but I am running a 64bit system. To fix it I adjusted my graphics settings first... duh most people realized they got lost during update but then THIS is what fixed my problem:

from
To
^^^^^^^^^^^ That change made the game stop lagging especially while playing the map Cruiser Command where the lag was the WORST.

ok, i tried opening this and it says i cant open it cuz i have no program to open it,,,, how do u open this, thank u
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 08:10 AMPosted by xhellix
ok, i tried opening this and it says i cant open it cuz i have no program to open it,,,, how do u open this, thank u
You have to choose the program to open with. You can use either notepad or wordpad. I prefer wordpad.

Though, unfortunately, it didn't work for me :( and still no update :( :(
Edited by picKLes on 8/29/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
noooooo updates

geforce 560 here

unplayable
Reply Quote
This has affected my gameplay too. I am very upset.

If possible, I'd like patch 1.4 back. Too bad for me, huh....
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Everyone I know that could once play on Ultra now have massive lags slowdowns in both melee and custom maps.

Blizzard needs to step up to the plate and explain what is going on.

How they broke their own game with a patch.

It seems to be the most pervasive issue yet it seems to be the issue bliz is the most silent about. Bug reports dont mention it, fix reports dont mention it. And it has happened to many uber-high end comps that some players have as well so it's not just the mid to low end comps.
Pre 1.5, I played on "High" with no issues. Post 1.5, I have to play on "Low" and even then I drop to 1-7 FPS in large skimishes.
Nothing about my computer changed from 1.4 to 1.5 (as with most people I suspect) so it must lie in 1.5 coding.
Just wish they would straight up acknowledge it clearly and honestly.
Reply Quote
Im not sure if this is just me but is anyone else getting massive CPU usage when just in the menus? Im at 90% CPU as soon as I start the game. It somehow takes 42 threads to show me a menu screen.
Reply Quote
I have a pretty good computer, i can play skyrim at medium graphics, and then it starts to lag, but i can play Starcraft 2 2v2 at medium graphics, which doesn't make sense as Starcraft 2 is actually older than Skyrim, so i should be able to play on around high without trouble right?

Nope, i can't play any map that has more than 5 players on medium as it goes from smooth, 30 fps, to 2 fps the moment every player starts to really start building structures.

So far the maps that lag me the hardest are any 4v4 map, Phantom Mode, and Mineralz Evolution.

Also i have a 32bit system, Omega's solution wouldn't work for me.
Also i meet the recommended system requirements, so the only problem is the new patch.

Which the lag is probably why some people stopped playing Starcraft 2.
Reply Quote
Good to see this thread, I'm not alone..

I used to play smoothly always above 60 FPS with my HD 5870 and 7200 RPM hard-disk..

lol.. now i got a HD 7970 and a revodrive x2 and this ridiculous framerate drop...... facepalm

And it's not just Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 also... and btw, i can't play D3 anymore cuz it's crashing all the time (it's the first time I'm experiencing this kind of problem, any other game never crashed here before, only D3)

I dont understand what's happening to Blizzard, honestly..
Edited by CoNdorR on 9/2/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

from
To

This seemed to help. But didn`t solve the problem...
Edited by Shaka on 9/2/2012 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I want to also put my voice out there.

Dear Blizzard Entertainment,
Since your latest stacraft 2 patch 1.52 there has been a significant drop in my frames per second. Before the patch I was able to get 50 to 60 frames per second on ultra high graphics and now I only get 1 FPS on the lowest possible graphics. Your game is no longer playable and you are succeeding at disapointing your fans once again. Congratulations on ruining the game for everyone who paid for it, glad to see our money goes far *Sarcasm*

Yours truly,
One Pissed off Customer
Reply Quote
Having the same issue since the 1.5.2 patch, literally watching everyone in custom games complain about dropping to as low as .25 fps at times, and most of them become unplayable if they last longer than 30 mins or so because everyone in game is lagging so hard they can barely move (its not limited to a few people, literally everyone in game).

Ive checked my resource logs and my computer has plenty of spare CPU and RAM and graphics are on lowest with plenty of bandwidth leftover so I know its not my computer.

It seems mostly limited to custom and arcade games, the normal games generally are lag free.

Really hope someone can figure out what happened
Reply Quote
I hate to keep saying this, but I never see any mention of it so I'm going to.

The lag people are experience is REGION related/caused.

A friend of mine was recently using my machine to play on his EU account. We compared performance between NA and EU (playing from California) and it was indisputable. My machine was getting better GRAPHICAL performance on EU. He would go into his EU account, play a game at 60 fps. I would go onto my NA account, play a game at 30 FPS (and it would slowly lower until 0 fps).

Hardware specifications may exacerbate the memory leak or whatever this is, but the issue itself is not present on the EU client.
Reply Quote
I hate to keep saying this, but I never see any mention of it so I'm going to.

The lag people are experience is REGION related/caused.

A friend of mine was recently using my machine to play on his EU account. We compared performance between NA and EU (playing from California) and it was indisputable. My machine was getting better GRAPHICAL performance on EU. He would go into his EU account, play a game at 60 fps. I would go onto my NA account, play a game at 30 FPS (and it would slowly lower until 0 fps).

Hardware specifications may exacerbate the memory leak or whatever this is, but the issue itself is not present on the EU client.

If that's the case can we temporary change the Region? If so how and how does this effect the game overall?
Reply Quote
Although it sounds like white noise at this point, I've been getting the same exact problems.

My history of fps drops goes back to the root of the game. Back in 1.0 I could run the game at Medium and be FINE. Even a bit higher quality than that and it still wouldn't be too bad. Then about patch 1.3 and no more high quality stuff. Patch 1.4 rolls around, and hey, it's lagging a little bit on medium. Now 1.5.2 where it lags on any quality setting as the match goes on. I'm talking not even being able to A-Move units correctly because of lag.

Please Blizzard, fix this issue. No one likes laggy as !@#$ game servers which work in one region and don't in the next.
Edited by Michalk on 9/2/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Upon further investigation many people are finding that the game is only running on 1 core for them in NA and suspect this to be one of the the leading causes of the problem, can anyone else confirm or deny this?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
09/01/2012 09:04 PMPosted by CoNdorR
Good to see this thread, I'm not alone..

Youre definitely not.
I have a marginal computer and I could play on High in all modes/games types with no issues.

Now with 1.5:
Graphics on Low
Textures on Low
Resolution on lowest setting that matches my aspect ratio

... a 3 on 3 game falls to 1 frame every 3 seconds... obviously impossible
... a 2 on 2 is about 7 FPS
... a 1 on 1 is about 17 FPS

And seeing that some people with ultra high end computer are also experiencing issues, im disinclined to believe that it is "our" computers. It's clearly 1.5.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]