StarCraft® II

Considder Your Science Questions Answered

Also, can you explain the experiments wherein scientists create twin particles then switch one particles spin which cause the other partner particle to change it's spin to compensate. They say that this effect does not obey the law of nothing traveling faster than light as they say it's an instant effect regardless of the space between the particles. I wish I could give you more information on this experiment but I only read it in passing.

Ooh, this one.

There are a few interesting theories, all of which are fun to explore. It's kind of interesting to debate, really...But there is no definite answer, as there is little in the way of evidence.

Personally, I just think that information can, in fact, travel faster than the speed of light (At least on the quantum level). Another theory is that pairs of particles have a set of information that is carried with it (And it's incredibly difficult to shortly explain how this works, so I won't go into it).

08/06/2012 07:31 PMPosted by gravehippo
what happens inside a black hole?

Technically, there is no "Inside" of a black hole (Black holes are points in space -- they have no volume). If by "inside" you mean the event horizon -- technically, from the viewpoint of a person falling in to a black hole, you will never actually pass the event horizon. Time slows down in the area around a black hole (Theoretically), such that from your view point you can never pass the event horizon of a black hole. When you approach the event horizon, you will eventually begin to "Spagghettify" -- you will basically be broken down at a molecular level by gravitational forces. Past the event horizon, however, nothing can really be known, only theorized.
Edited by Metherlance on 8/6/2012 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 07:31 PMPosted by gravehippo
what happens inside a black hole?

Nobody knows that yet. If I were to take a guess, everything that goes into a black hole merges to become an enormous string with a huge gravitational pull.

The reason why black holes are so cryptic is because of all of the infinities that arrise.
Reply Quote
i got you !! you dont know !! hahahaah
Reply Quote
Why is the Higgs Boson important?

What phenomenon demonstrates that the universe is expanding?

Relativity Question:

A battlecruiser is traveling at a speed of 0.98c away from Planet X and shoots a laser beam, traveling at the speed of light, in the same direction as the battlecruiser is traveling. How fast is the laser beam traveling in the view point of an observer on Planet X?

Harder Question: How fast is the laser beam traveling in the viewpoint of a person standing on the battlecruiser?
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 07:32 PMPosted by RootKit
How does the plasma suddenly gain temperature? The problem is that the plasma is hotter than it's origin source. Why?

Because the origin source cools down due to the jets.

Again, just describing the problem. Which equations???? Dozens of theoretical physicists are itching to know. Can therefore screw around????? What? Screw around how?

Pions are one up quark and one down antiquark. What happens is, the down antiquark annihilates a down quark from one nucleon and replaces it with the spare up quark.

Why is the interaction between the strong and weak so force different? (Why do large space objects like planets that orbit black holes behave nearly identically to the manner in which electrons orbit a nucleus, yet the physics that governs them is vastly different?)

Ok, the strong force holds nuclei together and keeps them from repelling themselves appart. The Weak force inspires change, and not much else. Gravity keeps planets orbiting around stars, electromagnetism keeps electrons orbiting around nucleii. Gravity is one-directional, while electromagnetism is two-directional. That is what sets the physics apart.
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by randomname

It proves a theory that discribes how particles have mass.

08/06/2012 07:37 PMPosted by randomname

We record the positions, speeds, etc. of hundreds of thousands of galexis and find that they are expanding.
Reply Quote
Nobody knows that yet. If I were to take a guess, everything that goes into a black hole merges to become an enormous string with a huge gravitational pull.

The reason why black holes are so cryptic is because of all of the infinities that arrise.

OMFG

NO

THE REASON WHY BLACK HOLES ARE SO CRYPTIC IS BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THE INFORMATION IS DESTROYED UPON THE EVENT HORIZON OR NOT, THERE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENS TO MATTER ONCE IT'S IN THERE.

Stop posting, right now. I'm serious.

I'm all for discussing Science, but you can't even lie properly...

That is because you are only giving me 30 seconds to answer each question. Give me a break for once...
Reply Quote
Why does life only exist on earth?
Reply Quote

Relativity Question:

A battlecruiser is traveling at a speed of 0.98c away from Planet X and shoots a laser beam, traveling at the speed of light, in the same direction as the battlecruiser is traveling. How fast is the laser beam traveling in the view point of an observer on Planet X?

Harder Question: How fast is the laser beam traveling in the viewpoint of a person standing on the battlecruiser?

I'm not a science expert, but I believe that the laser would appear to be traveling at the speed of light(c) from both observers perspective.
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 07:39 PMPosted by RootKit
Why is gravity such a weak force?

Because the universe created it that way. If it was any stronger, the universe as we know it would not exist, replaced by some alalgamation of randomness.

Why is the Sun's Corona (atmosphere layer) so much hotter than the Sun's surface?

Nobody knows for sure.

What governs the transition of quarks and gluons into pions and nucleons?

Havn't gotten there yet.

Why is the interaction between the strong and weak so force different? (Why do large space objects like planets that orbit black holes behave nearly identically to the manner in which electrons orbit a nucleus, yet the physics that governs them is vastly different?)

I dont get what you are asking here, please rephrase the subject, because you shunned my every answer.
Reply Quote
why do only the anti-spin particles created in pp by virtual particles fall into the horizon of a black hole, thus creating hawking radiation? i havent been able to get a straight answer from uni
Reply Quote
08/06/2012 07:44 PMPosted by RootKit
Hahahahaha no, again, it's because you have a degree in whatchmecaller and tingymajigger, have watcheed Into the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and have now decided that you can answer all of Science's greatest questions.

I havn't even gotten into college yet.

08/06/2012 07:43 PMPosted by gravehippo
Why does life only exist on earth?

Earth life is the only life we know of, but there may well be more life out there.
Reply Quote
why are you qualified to answer my science questions? Did you watch every episope of into The Wormhole with Morgan Freeman?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]