StarCraft® II

Cheese.

Alot of times when i play i like to use my nydus worms to get around the barackaded entrances to the players mineral line. Or just inside his base so im not jsut drowning gus into a deadly funnel. Is this considered cheese if i use a nydus worm in his base?
Reply Quote
Its swiss cheese i think.
Reply Quote
no
Reply Quote
Thats really the whole point of having a nydus canal. That would be like asking whether or not prisms are cheese.
Reply Quote
True i just feel like its such a great move. Its pretty much how i get half my wins is with nydus worms.
Reply Quote
I don't consider it cheese at all. As a terran player, I wall up and use siege tanks to defend. Nydus Worms seem like the best avenue to take especially if your army is large enough to run around killing the base not next to siege tanks.

In fact, I wish more zergs started using Nydus Worms so they'd stop complaining about terran walls.
Reply Quote
not cheese, personally as protoss, i got pylons everywhere and i always catch the nydus b4 it pops up so i think nydus is lulz..
Reply Quote
Cheese is just a word so noobs can complain on the forums. All strats are legit.
Reply Quote
Cheese is just a word so noobs can complain on the forums. All strats are legit.

this
Reply Quote

+2
Reply Quote
This is you defeating your opponent with strategy. If you build a barracks inside your opponents starting platform before they wall-off and hit their mineral lines with marines then it's just bad scouting from their part. It's your opponent's fault for not being able to respond.
Reply Quote
Cool, and yeah its really hard to get a nydus worm in a base thats good scouted, though a little pressure in different areas can force a player to make a mistake, i just wish i had the micro skills to be good,
Reply Quote
Cheese is usually early all in strats like a cannon rush or 6 pool, nydus isn't available till later in the game, there is no cheese in your strategy.
Reply Quote
Just remember, Nydus worms + Banelings + Terran mineral line = Pure Delicious Splattery Victory.

Reply Quote

+3
Reply Quote
this is a strategy that I used once (and actually worked!!) please I Know its cheese but, as a noob I am, could you tell me if it was good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ7oCq_CbQ&feature=share&list=UUPFmYXKHwd8pQNsnK1Rr_Qg
Reply Quote
09/04/2010 12:12 AMPosted by Glock

All strats are legit, you are right there, but cheese is special in that you do it completely blind. With all ins, there's a chance to scout and abort if you see an opening you don't like, but cheese is a decision made at the loading screen and often is hard countered by specific builds, but, in some cases, comes so early it can't be scouted and is therefor just a coin flip build based on the current meta. An example of the former is the three pylon wall at the base of the Zerg ramp in PvZ, because you can't see the Protoss' bank, you can not know if they are banking 300 minerals for 3 pylons or 400 for a nexus.

As an example of hard countering a cheese, in ZvZ, if one player goes for a 10 pool all in and the other goes for a standard 14p/16h, the 10 pool player basically got hard countered and as long as the other player knows how to respond, there's no way they should ever lose. But, if the 14p/16h player instead went 15h, then it's basically an auto-win for the 10 pool player.
Reply Quote
this is a strategy that I used once (and actually worked!!) please I Know its cheese but, as a noob I am, could you tell me if it was good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ7oCq_CbQ&feature=share&list=UUPFmYXKHwd8pQNsnK1Rr_Qg

I don't know if I would define that as a cheese, but it's definitely not good. It might even border on exploit since you are trying to mimic system messages, don't quote me on that though!

Cheese revolves around playing the game, this is about trying to trick your opponent into thinking that something is literally broken with battle.net, while you don't play the game. On a side note, I had someone do this to me once and I just laughed as I collected my free ladder points ;)
Edited by ShaDoGI on 10/1/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]