Four easier steps to Diamond:

1. 6pool

2. Cannon rush

3. Reaper rush

4. 4gate all-in

:D :D :D :D
Reply Quote
Comprehensive, well done.

I would like to see a follow up where you follow your advice and achieve diamond, starting from a lower league and using your guide to advance would really drive your point home and cement your guide writing skills as the stuff of legend.

God Speed orb
Reply Quote
I know an easier 4 step:

Step 1: Leap into Silver
Step 2: Leap into Gold
Step 3: Leap into Plat
Step 4: Leap into Diamond

OK, sorry for trollin'
Reply Quote
fantastic guide. As a relatively new player to the game with a bit of natural talent, I'm happy to see some advice on directions to go.
Reply Quote
You would think the OP would at least be in diamond XD .
Reply Quote
I think I remember Orb posting this in beta too. cool to help out the less experienced players.

but for those of you looking to get into diamond, Ill tell you a little secret. make a few barracks, bind them to control 1. mass marines and marauders. bind them to control 2. periodically select your barracks by hitting "1" and randomly hitting M and A for marauders and marines, and rally all your barrracks to one marauder in your army.

research stimpack, concussive shells and combat shields. now attack the opponent when you have a decent sized group of marines and marauders. you will be in diamond before you know what happened.
Reply Quote
**!! ya, right on. OMG brilliant, !@*% you.
Reply Quote
Comprehensive, well done.

I would like to see a follow up where you follow your advice and achieve diamond, starting from a lower league and using your guide to advance would really drive your point home and cement your guide writing skills as the stuff of legend.

God Speed orb

I plan to do this when I get more time
Reply Quote
Great posts Orb, thanks! :).
Reply Quote
rofl, I thought this was going to be "1.cheese, 2. get really good at cheese, 3. perfectly cheese consistently 4. enjoy diamond"

That guide works too btw
Reply Quote
This is just basic info definite underestimation of diamond lvl skills. Nothing you couldn't learn from reading tips when game is loading what a waste of time. You need new %!%# this is why your not a better player. You need to learn to adapt.

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the guide where you took time and effort to contribute to other players...perhaps you could link it here for easy reference.
Reply Quote
Wow this is pure gold! And not the crappy kind like the league I'm in! Thank you so much! I've only read the first section so far, but I've already learned 5-6 ways to improve my game. The learning curve is pretty steep in this game (even in the bronze and silver leagues imo) and it takes a lot of time to figure out this stuff all alone. Thanks for laying out it so cleanly! You're my new hero.
Reply Quote
To all trolls saying orb isnt a diamond player

omg your lack of knowledge is pretty friken impressive

other than that GJ orb keep em comming i see soo many noob diamond players do things that they shdoulnt
Reply Quote
Very helpful, thank you and I appreciate the post.
Edited by PatientBear on 9/3/2010 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Way too long.

It's like a high school essay. Too complicated -- no Diamond league level skill player thinks like that.

Basically you're telling people to:

1. Learn the game mechanics (duh)
2. Practice (duh again)
3. Watch pro replays (yet another duh)

I didn't need to write a long essay to figure that one out.
Reply Quote
Word of advice, edit your guides to be concise and to the point, make every point once.

For those that were unable to fester through.

1. Learn hotkeys, practice until they are automatic.
2. Use control groups, practice until they are automatic.
3. Learn build orders, become efficient with macro.

Btw: What's with "I'm way above gold"? If you were accidentally placed in a lower league you should have a kickass w/l ratio instead of barely above 50%.
Reply Quote
Word of advice, edit your guides to be concise and to the point, make every point once.

For those that were unable to fester through.

1. Learn hotkeys, practice until they are automatic.
2. Use control groups, practice until they are automatic.
3. Learn build orders, become efficient with macro.

Btw: What's with "I'm way above gold"? If you were accidentally placed in a lower league you should have a kickass w/l ratio instead of barely above 50%.

The ladder is riged so you have a w:L of about 50%. I know I haven't played much league games but after a win streak against bronze players my next two opponents were diamond....yeah.

Oh and nice post, I was relieved that it didn't just say "Play Terran then a-move lulz" Like some people have said.

Edit: Those people are in this thread anyway.
Edited by Geloman on 9/4/2010 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
watch day9

I really can't endorse this line of thinking enough. Unfortunately he hasn't had much in the way of Zerg-specific coverage for SC2 compared to his breakdowns for Terran and Protoss, but for map analysis and sheer coverage of fundamentals (how and when to time expansions, reasons for pushing/containing versus remaining passive, etc.) there's a LOT of good to be found in the Day[9] dailies.

Not that Orb's posts aren't helpful - there's a fair amount of useful information to be gleaned from this thread as well - but having the visuals can help a lot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]