StarCraft® II

SC2 Ladder Misconceptions FAQ

(Sticky)

Very good explanations
Reply Quote
Serious Question, may be in the wrong section buttttt.. If my multiplayer screen is bugged, meaning it never shows my rank and always just says i have to play 5 placement matches, could this effect my ranking? I am 1 in 1v1 and 2v2, and a good 100-200 pts above No.2 I am not saying MAKE ME DIAMOND, i am just asking if there is something underneath that could of effected me not being promoted. I see people going on 5 winning streaks and being promoted, ive gone on 10, and still nothing, i have above a 50% win ration, im just getting discouraged from even trying. wtf.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Serious Question, may be in the wrong section buttttt.. If my multiplayer screen is bugged, meaning it never shows my rank and always just says i have to play 5 placement matches, could this effect my ranking? I am 1 in 1v1 and 2v2, and a good 100-200 pts above No.2 I am not saying MAKE ME DIAMOND, i am just asking if there is something underneath that could of effected me not being promoted. I see people going on 5 winning streaks and being promoted, ive gone on 10, and still nothing, i have above a 50% win ration, im just getting discouraged from even trying. wtf.

That's just a display bug. Your games are still being counted and you're not suffering any penalty or adverse effects as a result of it.
Reply Quote
ExcaliburZ, great post!

You know if we have the same amount of players among all divisions? Like, 100 per division and equal amounts of divisions, or if there are 4 bronze, 3 silver, 3 gold, 2 platinum and a Diamond for each league?
Reply Quote
IMHO, MMR number should be displayed. It's pointless to watch a huge number of my points, which means nothing. I understand that someone could find out the match making logic if the number will be shown or at least could have a good guess, but why to hide this information in the first place or make the match making system random without any logic. The opponent should be selected randomly without the build order analysis for each player. It's more fair in my opinion. The players will stabilize the build order them self if the same tactic starts to dominate.
Reply Quote
It seems like the points only become relevant once you have stabilized in a league, and more specifically in high diamond. How else can top 10 diamond compare themselves to other top tier players.

Also, do you have any information on getting invited to the pro league? Or how that even works? Not that im pushing it in any way....
Reply Quote
I was directed here by another forum dweller....this is a great thread and thanks for your work and input in it.

However, and perhaps I missed this, but I cannot find an answer to my question. Long story short I haven't played any RTS games in a really long time, and was extremely rusty. Had a really bad losing streak my first 100 games with probably a 25% to 30% win ratio.

Since then, I have caught up, gotten better, and am now winning 60 to 70% of my games, and against higher ranked opponents. In fact the last 3 weeks (besides last night where my partner kept crashing like 8 games in row) I have done really well with my teams. However, me and my buddies were all out of practice big time.

Is our initial losing streak hurting us in a way that it is making it harder for us to promote to silver or even gold? I don't think I am a super awesome SCII player, but I think that I can definitely compete in Silver/Gold now.

I also see a trend, that every time we win a game in an even or favored match, bnet makes our next match with opponents are favored. I can see that bnet is trying to set us up with higher ranked opponents but none of us are ranking up, and we are winning.

So, does that initial bad losing streak affect you in the long run?
Reply Quote
It seems like the points only become relevant once you have stabilized in a league, and more specifically in high diamond. How else can top 10 diamond compare themselves to other top tier players.

Also, do you have any information on getting invited to the pro league? Or how that even works? Not that im pushing it in any way....

Pretty much..

And there hasn't been any information revealed on the Pro League just yet.
http://www.SC2Mapster.com
http://www.SC2Replayed.com
Reply Quote
Sticky this thread!
Reply Quote

Thanks for the info :P

Also, isn't your text supposed to be green?

Looks like urine colored. xD
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote

Dear Blizzard I believe you have a MAJOR issue regarding matches me and my 2v2 Silver partner lost 4 games in a row and still are playing against people who are or have Diamond rank status or at the Least above our League.

Blizzard PLEASE FIX AND BASE YOUR MATCH UPS ON THE AMOUNT OF GAMES PLAYED

THese unfair mismatches are totally bull**%* because im playing against people who have got not only more wins then me, These people have Double The games i have even played. Its really unfair because these people have more experience under their belt
Reply Quote
Thank you very much for the informative post. I was having trouble trying to understand the official Blizzard FAQ in regards to how matchmaking worked, and this thread has cleared it up well for me.

You see, I AM that Bronze player who doesn't play often and has a rank of 75 with 0 points. Currently I have a 31-37 win-loss ratio. I go on win streaks of 3-5 games always favored and then lose one match (still favored) for one reason or another and watch my meager pile of accumulated points vanish. It is extremely frustrating and as another poster said: does feel punishing and unfair.

Though the idea that a matchmaking-rating can dip below a value of zero is still a bit puzzling I take solace in the fact that I simple need to play more games and hopefully things will even out. I really hope Blizzard does eventually decide to display people's / team's MMR in the future. I think it would clear up a lot of the confusion people are feeling with the system. It's already in WoW arenas, as ExcaliburZ said. Truly no reason it shouldn't be implemented in this game as well.
Reply Quote
hey i used to be in gold 4v4 i won almost all of my matches but i was demoted to silver i noticed that when an opponent was favoured and i won the computer changed its mind and i only get 1 point for winning. because of this i have dropped signifcatly in all of my leagues and its impossible to climb the ladder no matter how many games i win could you diagnose my problem?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
hey i used to be in gold 4v4 i won almost all of my matches but i was demoted to silver i noticed that when an opponent was favoured and i won the computer changed its mind and i only get 1 point for winning. because of this i have dropped signifcatly in all of my leagues and its impossible to climb the ladder no matter how many games i win could you diagnose my problem?

I can't really offer much support for Random 4v4 because there are many variables to consider. The only thing I can say is that you were demoted as a result of a downward trend. I don't see a game in your 4v4 history where you won only 1 point. Your performance in one league doesn't affect your performance in other leagues. Remember that each team, each league, is separate.

If you're talking about your 1v1 performance, I see a few examples of games where you only gained 1 (+1 bonus) point. You're in the Bronze Zero crowd, so read that question near the bottom of the second post and you'll have your answer as to why that's happening.
Reply Quote
how do you become an MVP on the forums? please answer me
Reply Quote
What in the world is going on with this... happens almost every game...

Game #1
START: Opponent is slightly favored (Loading Screen)
END: Opponent is evenly matched (Score Screen)
RESULT: I gain less points

GAME #2
START: I am slightly favored (Loading Screen)
END: Opponent is slightly favored (Score Screen)
RESULT: I lose less points

What is the deal? How can I or my opponent be favored one way at the beginning of the match and then the opposite at the end?
Reply Quote
^ you could at least read the topic since it's specifcally covered...

Q: What does Favored/Slightly Favored/Teams Even mean on the loading screen?
A: Favored status compares your opponent's hidden MMR with your displayed rating. If his MMR and your displayed rating are similar, it will show Teams Even and the match will be worth 10-14 points. If his MMR is slightly higher than your displayed rating, it will show your opponent as Slightly Favored and the match will be worth 15-17 points for a win (7-9 for a loss). If his MMR is significantly higher than your displayed rating, it will show your opponent as Favored and the match will be worth 18-24 points (1-6 for a loss).

Q: Is it possible for both players to see the other as Favored?
A: Yes, because it compares the opponent's MMR to the player's displayed rating. This is common when both players haven't played many games, meaning their MMR is higher than their displayed rating.

No, this does not answer the question... this explains how the Loading Screen rating is determined.... NOT, why it would be different on the Score Screen after the game.

Let me try to explain again... On the loading screen, my opponent is FAVORED so I expect to get 18-24 points right. But, I win the game and the score screen says teams where EVEN and I only get 10-14. How could this change from the beginning to end on a SINGLE match.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]