Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Star Tactics is a modification to standard SC2 melee and the first fully functional one of its kind. It features over 20 new units in order to broaden the depth of strategy within the game. The goal is to open new strategic paths to victory without changing the core functionality of the game. This is not a typical "Add more units left in the editor" modification. ST is a masterpiece of balance and gameplay to open a whole new kind of game with its own unique play-styles.
Don't be fooled by immitations! Star Tactics is the original Enhanced Melee mod!
- Added Firebat, Spectre, Assault Trooper, Medic, Goliath, Predator, Siege Breaker, Odin, Science Vessel, Hercules, Loki, Automated Refineries, Tech Reactor, Orbital Station, Assault Drops to Terran race
- Added Aberration, Omegalisk, Brutalisk, Leviathan, Lurker to Zerg Race
- Added Scout, Dark Zealot, Dark Stalker, Dark Immortal, Purifier Capital Mothership, Hybrid Reaver, Hybrid Destroyer, Void Cannon, Dark Archon, Chaos Templar, Obelisk to Protoss Race
- Balanced Technologies to cover new units (e.g., Ultralisk armor upgrade more expensive but increases armor of all "lisk" creatures)
- Added new various technologies to each race (e.g., Weapon Refitting allows the Immortals to strike air with reduced damage, genetic evolutions reduce the cost of Zerg units)
Star Tactics: Psionic Torrents expansion is in an OPEN ALPHA! New additions include:
- Added Dark Archon, Chaos Templar, Void Cannon to Protoss
- Added NEW global tech path for Protoss! Choose between the path of the Disciple or the Path of the Void and unlock global upgrades as you progress down the path.
- Added new evolutions for Zerg (Mutalisks can do more damage with each bounce or cause poison damage with every strike)
- Added Orbital Drop Pods, Charon Boosters to Terran
More is in the works. You can view previews and work plans at the site!
Visit our new site at http://www.startacticsmod.com
Star Tactics is now in German on the European server! Search it under "Star Tactics: Full Assault"
Stage: Beta - Testers Needed!
The beta is wrapping up soon in preparation for a full release, but we still need your dedicated feedback, suggestions, and bug reports!
If you'd be so kind, add character number 183 and hit me up for some testing opportunities.
Unit Additions - Complete
Terran Technology - In Progress
Protoss Path Technology - In Progress
Zerg Evolution System - In Progress
Text Changes - Complete
Rebalancing - In Progress
Final Polish - Incomplete
All patch notes can be viewed in the Patch Notes section of out website.
Edited by Eternal on 10/21/2010 12:41 PM PDT
Star Tactics is now published in Alpha 2.0! Beta will be beginning shortly as the final placements are confirmed and the last remaining issues are taken care of. Special thanks to noobling, sirsapsalot, Muka, and the others who have helped test this map and provided feedback!
I'm psyched to hear. I'm definitely shaping up the beta and shifting it over to a 3v3 map at some point. By the time it releases there will be several different maps, hopefully some custom designed by other mapmakers, to ship with the full release. I'm glad you're enjoying, and I look forward to seeing you in a game of it!
I love the work done to make this mod a great one. I have some concerns about the Loki Battlecruiser being way faster than the vanilla BC (in fact is faster than a viking). I really think the speed should be at most the same (1.41) maybe even slower given it's more massive profile (remember Newton's laws of physics). I think this makes terran in late game over powered. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking into it, definitely, and I will definitely be playing with the speed privately and releasing a nerf to it at some point. I appreciate the post! Pass any more suggestions this way.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.