StarCraft® II

Lost Viking Terra-Tron help

Hey guys. Any tips for beating the Terra-Tron boss? I can go through the entire game and get to Terra-Tron without dying once, but then I die 5 or 6 times to him. Are there any tricks to dodging his attacks? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Ok, this is what I wish someone would have told me. For the whole game I used side missiles...until the Terran mission. Right after you destroy the 2 battlecruisers near the end there are still 3 more item pickups. MAKE SURE you pick up double plasma. You can kill the terratron before or right after he launches the blue disc thing then...super easy. His attacks are really easy to dodge, just try to fit between the stuff he fires...I'm not sure if bombs clear them or not, I never had trouble getting between them. And just lay on the plasma, he dies pretty quickly.
Reply Quote
Okay I'll try switching to Plasma right after the BCs. Thanks!
Reply Quote
For the achievement:

Just use 2x plasmas from the beginning. If you keep two drones active they provide more than enough firepower for lateral foes.

Uncollected powers morph over time. If you have 2x plasma and 2x drones just get missiles. The game just becomes a big chore after that. Stay middle-center for zerg level. Stay on the bottom-leftish of the screen for terran level. You should easily have 10+ missiles at the terran missions.

IMPORTANT: detonating missiles temporarily restores shields...abuse this!

At the terra-tron, stay in the center when he begins firing his orange beams from the inside out. You can also do this from the outside-in, but you have to move a little to avoid 1-2 beams. He has two drones that fire red lasers. When they shoot radially all at once, stay in the center (it's time so that he fire his guns from the inside-out, if I recall). The catch is that the robots will fire in a circle at a staggered rate 1-2 times before you kill him. Enter your missiles; the clear the red beams and restore your shields.

Have fun getting the gold achievement...I did it in 40 minutes after five glasses of water.

Side note: I would use plasma cannons the whole way through, b/c though it may seem dandy to wipe out the scourge with them on the zerg levels almost instantly, it makes dodging their green guts tricky. The drones fire in such a way that you never have to worry about moving much from the center, while the plasma beams will dominate everything in front of you, including the Leviathan.

Have fun! And enjoy the boss music!
Reply Quote
The slower you move around the more room you got for escaping those shots of his.
Reply Quote
Yes, double plasma for the boss and side missles for the rest of the stage. It's a cakewalk. Once your weapon is upgraded twice, wait for the powerups to change to bombs and you can save up a ton of them for when you're in trouble with the boss.

BTW, just be thankful you don't have to fight a boss like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ
Edited by ZerO on 9/16/2010 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks again for all the tips.

One other thing - I just want to make sure about this: I HAVE to keep mashing the spacebar repeatedly to fire at top speed, right? Holding down spacebar is much slower, and I don't see any other way to do rapid-fire. I'm not interested in using a 3rd-party app, either :-P
Reply Quote
Thanks again for all the tips.

One other thing - I just want to make sure about this: I HAVE to keep mashing the spacebar repeatedly to fire at top speed, right? Holding down spacebar is much slower, and I don't see any other way to do rapid-fire. I'm not interested in using a 3rd-party app, either :-P

I know my G15 keyboard has a macro program, made a macro that acts as a space key down and up, and set the macro to repeat. Next, I assigned one of the g-keys to space and also set it as a toggle, one press turns the macro on another press turns it off. This made it much easier to focus on everything else.

Note: On the zerg level I turn the macro off and manually fire to make it easier to avoid explosions by letting some slip by for better control.
Reply Quote
N-n-n-n-necrooo. Seriously..This is from over a year ago. Why did you raise it from the dead?
Reply Quote
The Xombie says:

11/15/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Xombie
N-n-n-n-necrooo.

xD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]