StarCraft® II

Can't play offline or authorize game client

(Locked)

I paid for this game, I created an account, it worked fine last night but now I can't connect or play offline - I CAN'T PLAY AT ALL!

To play offline I have to authorize my game client? There is no place on my battle.net account to authorize my game client - whatever that means.

I have a strange belief that when you pay for a game, you should be able to play it. Hey Blizzard, I won't buy another blizzard game again - ever.

Kevin

There are already threads started about this issue. You're not the only one experiencing it. I had this same issue happen to me last patch. I had to re-install the game. I am having the issue again with this patch too. Since I have a bit of patience, I will wait a while for a response to the problems I am having . . instead of crying, sucking my thumb and making empty threats about never buying another Blizzard game again.
Ok I waited patiently for 5 minutes. I am NEVER buying another Blizzard product again today.
They really drop it this time. How can't you even play offline??
Yeah, this is dumb. I just love buying a game, having it installed correctly, having the disk in my computer, and then being told I have to play offline... just to say it can't connect to authenticate. Where's our refunds? I've had more stable and playable open source games.
Quality Assurance
Hi everyone,

In order to play offline, you will need to log into Battle.net and authenticate your account at least once. Additionally, any personal account or game changes require player authentication and acceptance of the new EULA/ToS before continuing offline play. This includes patches and account changes made under Blizzard Account Management.
How do we do it?! How do we authenticate it?
login to the game while connected to the internet, once logged in the game is considered authenticated. There has in the past, been an issue where turning off the computer will de-authenticate the game so the work around then was to not turn off pc. (You can of course re-authenticate it)
And then to add to it, you have to authenticate every 30 days after that.
What I hate the most, is the fact it cost 60 bucks (fine I can live), then have to load it up, then I have to sign in online, download 'downloader-4', and then it takes another 48-72 hours on my computer to download a 'game client', just to play offline. why dont they just give the option...this is rediculous. Blizzard, I love you guys, but the new online requirements are losing customers....
Oh and to top it off, this is the 3rd time I had to download a 'game client'....ugh....
kso, my online connection for everything i do lately has been busted or somen, and im fine wth playing offline. but then i need to authenticate it somehow, and it's not like theres a place to do it.
i do keep trying what that one dood said about logging in up there, and it doesnt work
03/07/2011 1:51 PMPosted by JebusJon
Oh and to top it off, this is the 3rd time I had to download a 'game client'....ugh....
You only need to download the game client once...
someone help me please. I can't click the connect button when i type in my username it won't let me and i can't play as guest because it says i need to authorize my game client or i need to add a sc2 character which i've done both? This is pissing me off
- StarCraft
05/14/2011 02:33 PMPosted by TeeTeeBoi
someone help me please. I can't click the connect button when i type in my username it won't let me and i can't play as guest because it says i need to authorize my game client or i need to add a sc2 character which i've done both? This is pissing me off

Remember that you log in with your email address, not your character code.

You can authorize by logging in to: http://us.battle.net/en/

If you have a lot of patches to download, you can save time by manually downloading the most recent patch here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=35087&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=3635
i have the same problem and I'm never buying anything from blizzard again
Really? You guys aren't buying another blizzard game because they wanted to ensure that there wasn't going to be piracy? Grow up.
why isnt my computer allowing me to dn ld the game client for sc2 i purchased but had to put a new hard drive in and lost but i want to put it ack how do i do it
dude! you are such a liar. You know blizzard games are fun and you WILL buy another blizzard game. LOL at your retarded comment!!!! ("wont buy a game ever").... yeah right. whatever ..... WHAAAAT EEEVER!! LOL
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]